Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
F

Facelurite

Thank you will you update this for when they add forks to the game? (Tridents , apparently they look like forks atm from a screenshot)

F

Facelurite

Snapshot is this week i HOPE. We’ve had technical stuff for nearly 4 months now

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
1.13 is around the corner so when it comes out cube better updates.
Just going to drop this out there nice and early before the update even comes close to releasing...
When the 1.13 update comes out, I fully support updating, I see no reason not to as there so many new features added. The only problem is updates take very long to code, and unfortunately people don’t always seem to understand this and get quite angry when a server isn’t able to update all of their games within a month. If Cube decides to focus on updating to 1.13, they would basically have to completely stop every single other update to start converting games to 1.13 (since you can’t start updating something to a version before it is even released). This will likely takes months of time and during those months, there would be no new additions to Cube (as it would be silly to add something to the main network just to have to recode it to work in a different version, and that dev time could be spent updating a game to make the update happen sooner for more games). And I can imagine that their will be many complaints about this as well.
So what I am trying to say is that change takes time, and saying things like ‘when the updates comes out, cube better update’ is just creating an unreasonable expectation which will just make yourself and others unhappy and angry when the 1.13 is released, and cube is unable to update instantly.
Just keep some of this in mind please, it will make the future much nicer. :)

Anyway, the spreadsheet looks quite nice. I like the graphs. Good job. :D

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Just going to drop this out there nice and early before the update even comes close to releasing...
When the 1.13 update comes out, I fully support updating, I see no reason not to as there so many new features added. The only problem is updates take very long to code, and unfortunately people don’t always seem to understand this and get quite angry when a server isn’t able to update all of their games within a month. If Cube decides to focus on updating to 1.13, they would basically have to completely stop every single other update to start converting games to 1.13 (since you can’t start updating something to a version before it is even released). This will likely takes months of time and during those months, there would be no new additions to Cube (as it would be silly to add something to the main network just to have to recode it to work in a different version, and that dev time could be spent updating a game to make the update happen sooner for more games). And I can imagine that their will be many complaints about this as well.
So what I am trying to say is that change takes time, and saying things like ‘when the updates comes out, cube better update’ is just creating an unreasonable expectation which will just make yourself and others unhappy and angry when the 1.13 is released, and cube is unable to update instantly.

-Cube didn't take that incredibly long to update to 1.9 so I don't get why it would take more than months now
-People will probably start complaining about cube not updating more than people will start complaining about new updates not coming out for a while. (remember, some people don't even want these updates; see chatfilter update)
-When cube updated to 1.9 they said it was "to stay up to date". Kinda weird that we're now almost 4 full versions behind.
-As you can see on the spreadsheets pvp will be drastically improved and it won't take ages to kill someone, gapple/steakchugging has been fixed, etc.
-Also lots of new stuff which can make better new games than current new games (see; lobby games)
-If cube doesn't start working on updating as soon as it comes out, the same will happen what happened now: "lets just wait for the next update and then update". Not only will the date of the actual update be postponed constantly, it will also require more work to update because even more features came out. The alternative is therefore staying in 1.9.0 (which still has broken pvp which was mostly already fixed in 1.9.4, then improved in 1.12) which is a terrible idea if you ask me.

With all of that in mind, working on updating to 1.13 when it releases and stopping to release new updates for a while will definitely be worth it.

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net

Parkour doesn't take months of coding and hasn't been released within 2-3 years.

F

Facelurite

I borrowed that spreadsheet its on the main 1.13 thread thanks.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday, cool Forums member!! 🥳✨
Reesle wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
UncleSpect wrote on _EliteDavy's profile.
thank you for the follow my friend! 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday, Eef <3
Thank you all for your sweet birthday wishes 💕
Top Bottom