Should this map be added?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
[FFA] Triassic 🦕
General Map description:

The map consists of a 200x200 plot which can be divided into several different areas such as a forest area, a baobab savannah, a lake, a mesa plateau, a volcano and some ruins. The map contains several easter eggs and organic dinosaurs. I have made this map myself. The icon would be a Lava Bucket.

Armor stands with diamond helmets = spawn point.

Here's a top-down view of the map. Here is the map with world borders like you all asked.
well done triassic.png

I'll now proceed to the details.

🌋 Prsenting the volcano lair!

The entire volcano has 4 entrance points, out of which ONE serves as the spawn point and the other is an alternate access point. The other two locations can be accessed by scaling the volcano, so, they are hard to access but have easter eggs. It is possible to leave the volcano through either of the two lower exits.

Here is the FIRST entrance: Lava Lair Spawn (Volcano)

Triassic Lava Lair Spawn and entrance.png

Here is the alternate access point I talked about earlier. There is still some editing to do.

Triassic Lava lair entrance 2.png

Right, now what about INSIDE the volcano? Inside the volcano is an all-out Lava Lair, PvP here will be similar to the Anakin vs Obi Wan fight in Star Wars: ROTS.

Triassic Lava Lair uno.png

Pardon my FOV in these screenshots, I should have reduced it first.
As we can see, the lair consists of lava and several platforms. It is possible to parkour to and from all these platforms. Slime blocks help you get quite a bounce. I have added lava streams to help Archers fire flaming bows. The idea is for this are to be chaotic - Tank kits fight down below with Samurai and Archers fighting for domination of the upper areas. There are several ways to reach any platform, so camping WONT BE a huge issue : ).

Triassic Lava Lair dos.png

Here's another screenshot. Screenshots were taken at 30% brightness, I will add more lava tubes for lighting and aesthetic if need be. What's that machine at the top?

Triassic Lava lair 4.png

Here's (above) what the whole thing looks like when you enter!

Triassic Lava reactor top down view.png

It seems like someone is funneling all the lava into a reactor for some evil purpose.

lava reactor.png

Here's another pic; I forgot to F1.

The Big Bad Butte Area consists of a Mesa Plateau and 3 Mesa Pillars. It is possible and easy to parkour between these strustures. the Mesa Plateau area is almost entirely FLAT so rejoice.

Triassic Big Bad Butte 1.png

Diamond helm is a spawn, btw.
Triassic Big Bad Butte 2.png

Triassic Big Bad Butte 3.png

Triassic Forest Arch Spawn.png

Yes, if you're a prospective archer you can go up the trees, but it's too easy to get up there so you cant really do anything about someone who wants to kill you. Added flat terrain as well for the Beast and Warrior kit fans.

Triassic Forest Arch 1.png

See the wooden platforms? what's that big lizard doing? scaly baby uwu

Just a big area with an Indominous Rex, this was my first try at an organic btw, I'm happy with it

Triassic Indominious spawn.png

Triassic Lakeside topview.png

OO that's a big flower. Back in the old days, there was so much oxygen - all the insects were huge. Inside the lake is the FFA kit selection.

Triassic Lakeside with Falls.png

Triassic Leviathan Spawn.png
Triassic Leviathan.png
Triassic Leviathan 2.png

Triassic Ancient Grounds.png
Triassic Ancient Soleil.png

triassic baobab flats.png

triassic easter egg 1.png

@Sophie

I have added several more. I'm not gonna spoil them but let's say I have added the best mod somewhere in the map.

triassic mysterious door.png

What sinister things could be behind this door? Vote Yes to find out ;)

Thank you!

Attachments

• triassic top-down view.png
    triassic top-down view.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • Triassic Forest Arch Spawn.png
    Triassic Forest Arch Spawn.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
I like the idea and there are some cool builds included.
However, it could be improved:
1. Maybe add a border? Right now it's just a void, maybe add some mountains around the map?
2. The map is a square, would look a bit better if it was more natural, could also be fixed by adding some mountains around the map.

Reactions: Gregeyy

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
I like the idea and there are some cool builds included.
However, it could be improved:
1. Maybe add a border? Right now it's just a void, maybe add some mountains around the map?
2. The map is a square, would look a bit better if it was more natural, could also be fixed by adding some mountains around the map.
I can do that literally anytime, it’s a five mins job. Obviously if this map is added it’ll be tweaked and smoothed around the edges a lil’ before submitting.

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
I can do that literally anytime, it’s a five mins job. Obviously if this map is added it’ll be tweaked and smoothed around the edges a lil’ before submitting.
Well i mean, you can't leave the tweaking until it gets added, it will most likely not be added before the important tweaks are made.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
Well i mean, you can't leave the tweaking until it gets added, it will most likely not be added before the important tweaks are made.
Yeah I can add mountains around it, the barriers have already been put up. But it may confuse people as to what’s a part of the map and what’s not yknow

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
I will make the edges smooth as you have wished. It was always a given .Please remember though, gameplay is a lot more important than that - so give that weightage when voting.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
It looks nice but maybe change the shape slightly as well as a bit more detail around the terrain. :>
done :)

I'll see what I can do regarding terrain detailing, but as an FFA map, it'll need to be rather flat otherwise people with congregate around one point - like in Mirage.

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
I’ll work on the terrain tomorrow and make it less flat
Don't get me wrong, flatness is a good thing sometimes, but some places, especially on top of the canyon and corners, it feels undetailed and the canyon feels unnatural. However flatness is good pvp ground, so keep this in mind! Also really good job with everything else, great attention to detail, and especially like the volcano!

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
Alright thanks for the feedback. I’ll work on a new FFA map. I think this thread can be locked now. A little disappointed ngl, took a long time but it shouldn’t be as hard next time around.

• Sad
Reactions: wxzzrd
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ge1ster's profile.
Cool 🐧
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
You are the coolest polar bear I know:D
Eli
Woo, 7,000 reaction score!!
HyperPal wrote on Ge1ster's profile.
Noot
Top Bottom