• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liezee

Novice Member
Oct 8, 2017
hey guys!! Yesterday I already posted 2 FFA maps, but most of u guys said it needed to get more details, some of the trees needed to go away, so I changed that.
I worked on it and I think its done!! I hope u guys like it :D

Information:
The map is based on the random mountains I placed. Most of the map is flat! There is much space to Pvp.
There is also a parkour! The boarder of the map are also mountains, you can't get on them, but u can get on the mountains in the middle of the map. There is also water in the map, so u can fall in there. Somewhere in the map there is an easteregg!!

There are trees in the map(custom and vanilla), some of the PvP'ers may not like that. Thats why there are some places in the map were there is nothing on the floor or in the way.

Spawn locations:
- Parkour
- Ruins
- Waterfall
- Fountain
- Center (behind the big mountain, were everything is flat)
- Haybales (In the corners)

--------------------------------------------
I builded the map on a building server, so I don't really know how to get it in a file or something.
If u want to see the map in game PM me Lieze#1960
(This is the last time I will be posting this map)

Hope u guys like it!! :D

2020-08-06_10.36.38.png2020-08-06_10.36.54.png2020-08-06_10.37.10.png2020-08-06_10.37.29.png2020-08-06_10.37.45.png2020-08-06_10.37.54.png2020-08-06_10.38.03.png2020-08-06_10.38.09.png

Simply

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2017
Beyond the Fourth Wall
This is my opinion, and in some parts, it's subjective to my liking. Doesn't represent everyone's opinion. And I'm not gonna try to sugarcoat it, it's a map submission for the server after all.

1. General issues. Overall, the aesthetics of the map aren't great. It looks like something you'd see on small servers in 2014-2015. Too simple and unrefined, making it feel rushed. It is also way too flat, and you might argue that's an good for PvP but literally the entire map is flat except a few hills here and there. So much flat space isn't necessary (e.g Kingdom map)
Oh, and the borders (the mountains) make it looks claustrophobic. I wouldn't wanna play in a map that makes me feel trapped. Maps like Canals or Tropical are far better in that they are open on some sides and they give the illusion that you can run out of the map, making it feel more open.

2. Blocks. The ground is just annoying to look at. The grass mixed in with the gravel looks bad. The walls are just stone and the only woods used are oak and spruce. Why?
There are so many options and block pallettes to use for a cliffside etc. Why stick with the plain boring overused stone and grass? Do some clay, mushroom blocks, bone blocks. Add some patterns in it.

3. Terrain. The little hills around the map are horrible. Looks like you just used some sphere brushes with world edit and added grass on top. They also don't merge at all with the completely flat ground. It's so unnatural. (It can be unnatural in a good way, but this isn't the good way. It looks out of place)
Also, the water looks bad. The mix of all the different glass colours is tiring and distracting (just like the ground with gravel and grass)

4. Custom structures and trees look sub-par.
One of the things that really ruins it too is, again, the choice of blocks. Spruce mixed with oak doesn't really work for me. You'd be better off using oak logs with spruce and dark oak wood, or if you want brighter colours, use normal oak and jungle wood.
As for the trees now. No map in a server as big as cubecraft should use vanilla trees (with the exception of a few maps which are nostalgia maps). Custom trees are essential. Makes the map look far more polished and professional.

I'd just start over if I were you. If it were minor issues I'd just fix them but here, the entire blueprint of the map is flawed.

Reactions: Maaarijn

Liezee

Novice Member
Oct 8, 2017
This is my opinion, and in some parts, it's subjective to my liking. Doesn't represent everyone's opinion. And I'm not gonna try to sugarcoat it, it's a map submission for the server after all.

1. General issues. Overall, the aesthetics of the map aren't great. It looks like something you'd see on small servers in 2014-2015. Too simple and unrefined, making it feel rushed. It is also way too flat, and you might argue that's an good for PvP but literally the entire map is flat except a few hills here and there. So much flat space isn't necessary (e.g Kingdom map)
Oh, and the borders (the mountains) make it looks claustrophobic. I wouldn't wanna play in a map that makes me feel trapped. Maps like Canals or Tropical are far better in that they are open on some sides and they give the illusion that you can run out of the map, making it feel more open.

2. Blocks. The ground is just annoying to look at. The grass mixed in with the gravel looks bad. The walls are just stone and the only woods used are oak and spruce. Why?
There are so many options and block pallettes to use for a cliffside etc. Why stick with the plain boring overused stone and grass? Do some clay, mushroom blocks, bone blocks. Add some patterns in it.

3. Terrain. The little hills around the map are horrible. Looks like you just used some sphere brushes with world edit and added grass on top. They also don't merge at all with the completely flat ground. It's so unnatural. (It can be unnatural in a good way, but this isn't the good way. It looks out of place)
Also, the water looks bad. The mix of all the different glass colours is tiring and distracting (just like the ground with gravel and grass)

One of the things that really ruins it too is, again, the choice of blocks. Spruce mixed with oak doesn't really work for me. You'd be better off using oak logs with spruce and dark oak wood, or if you want brighter colours, use normal oak and jungle wood.
As for the trees now. No map in a server as big as cubecraft should use vanilla trees (with the exception of a few maps which are nostalgia maps). Custom trees are essential. Makes the map look far more polished and professional.

I'd just start over if I were you. If it were minor issues I'd just fix them but here, the entire blueprint of the map is flawed.
Okay thnx for the review xd, I will make another map I guess? :/

_iiLqveThat_

Oct 5, 2019
België

first of all, this kind of a comment is just disgusting to read. This map is not bad. FFA maps need to be made flat, ever been on vultex or nidocraft or opffa. just the way you talk about someone's building is so disrispectful. Why you don't show some of you're builds. I know her and i can tell you that she is a verry skilled builder!!!! bye bye xxx

Nutuu

Forum Expert
Oct 7, 2017
Western Finland
first of all, this kind of a comment is just disgusting to read. This map is not bad. FFA maps need to be made flat, ever been on vultex or nidocraft or opffa. just the way you talk about someone's building is so disrispectful. Why you don't show some of you're builds. I know her and i can tell you that she is a verry skilled builder!!!! bye bye xxx
Chill out he is just literally sharing his opinion and giving the quality feedback. That gives way more constructive feedback than "it's nice but change one thing".

And I can tell you, so is Simply a very, very, very experienced builder.

For my opinion of the map: I see the borders are way too high and only stone is included in them. Maybe try make them a softer color like Simply already mentioned. There is no grass nor is there even dirt or snow on the top of them. Just stone.
The ground: just like Simply said, flat. I think there is too much of the gravel - grass mix (road?)
It seems simple like the walls, it's mostly empty. Considering cube's current FFA maps most of them have at least some kinds of buildings all around the place, or just overall trees and a bit of terrain to not make fighting feel the same all the time.

• Love
Reactions: Gatsbe and Simply

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
The map does look amazing and great work on it! I only said no because I found it looks a bit too small to be a FFA map as well as not much detail on the ground. If you added some trees or houses and maybe make the map a bit larger I think the map would be great. I can see a lot of potential in this map so don't give up, great work so far!

• Love
Reactions: Liezee

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Honestly, I've loved the map. You've left me speechless. But I vote no, because I don't think CubeCraft is looking for this kind of map.

But very good suggestion. I like it.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
It’s called feedback, also, I don’t need to be a Michelin star winning chef to taste food, similarly, I do not need building skills to tell a build is subpar. I only need eyes to do that.

As for the build. The theme is very meh, the layout is also quite dull. If you’re building a high map, go look at Oil Rig. That is the holy sanctum of FFA maps. Compare a map of that quality with this one.

Soulless_Unity

May 22, 2017
Hello, thank you for your efforts in submitting this.
Unfortunately, collectively the design team have decided to deny this map submission due to the following reasons:
-Map is too small
-Map needs more terrain & object detailing

Please do not be disheartened by the above comments, hope you have a great time building!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on Gemmmmie's profile.
lyyy x
Just got off work and have to wake up in 5,5 hours for school tomorrow… :sadnoot:
Sleep well cuties ❤️
endertom100 wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
happyyy birthdayyyy!!!!! ^-^
Top Bottom