Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think players should receive full health after a kill in FFA?

• Yes!

Votes: 35 68.6%
  • No, I will let you know down below.

Votes: 16 31.4%

• Total voters

Mqxti

Novice Member
Oct 13, 2020
Jupiter 🌌
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to read my thread!
I recently played a variety of popular FFA servers for a week, after returning to Cube's FFA I have noticed something that I believe needs to get implemented. After you win a fight, you are most likely on very low health leaving you vulnerable for a pretty long time. This has been forcing me to run off somewhere safe after most fights so that I can regen enough health to pvp again. This is very frustrating to me after getting used to some FFA servers where after every kill you instantly regen back to full health. This is not to prevent cleaners, this is most likely an unsolvable issue and although annoying its just the way some people play. This is to make the FFA server more playable, after you kill someone you will be able to go find another fight. Although this suggestion would improve the experience of our current FFA players, it may also bring in other FFA players abroad who are avoiding it right now because of this issue.

Suggestion: When killing a player in FFA, you should receive full health.

(I understand a similar suggestion was posted back in June, but I wanted to post this as I felt my suggestion was a little more straight forward and that it might be nice for the community to reconsider this topic)

Thanks everyone!

New Suggestion: When killing a player in FFA, you should regenerate 3 hearts of health. Also, a 5 golden-apple cap per life should be added to the shop.

Edit (13/12/2020):
After feedback in the posts below I have come to the conclusion that full health may be to op due to the shop feature. I still believe that health should be given to make the game more playable for non-shop users.

Edit (15/12/2020): After feedback in the posts below I have realized that a 5 golden-apple cap per life makes sense to go along with this health update. More info along with my reasoning can be found below.

Last edited:

Mqxti

Novice Member
Oct 13, 2020
Jupiter 🌌
www.youtube.com
I think full hp would be very OP, so I am thinking of adding faster healing instead.
hmm I'm not quite sure how that would work. I have never heard of it being done that way,
and personally think receiving full hp upon a kill is the better option. Although I would defiantly take faster regen after kill over the current regen! Thanks for the reply 😃

UBRE

May 30, 2020
Mexico.
Like Ectary?

Yeah! (U can't prevent cleaners but at least if some1 cleans ur victim and you, you can get in combat again easily, respawning), making it more fun, even with cleaners).

Reactions: Mqxti

Frequix

Dec 12, 2020
Sweden
Not sure if geting full health should be a thing as it would be too easy to go on a killing spree or clean someone while they are fighting to heal.

I think you should either gain regen and absortion hearts, OR gain some hearts back.

I think some sort of feature like this is a must have.
+1

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
My only issue is that the full health + shopping would make shopping even more OP. I'd say if this does get implemented, which it should, to nerf the shop a bit. +1

I see you copying my signature Uni :]

Mqxti

Novice Member
Oct 13, 2020
Jupiter 🌌
www.youtube.com
Not sure if geting full health should be a thing as it would be too easy to go on a killing spree or clean someone while they are fighting to heal.

I think you should either gain regen and absortion hearts, OR gain some hearts back.

I think some sort of feature like this is a must have.
+1
I think I agree. An interesting compromise that I would consider is 3 hearts after a kill? Either that or a percentage of health such as 25%-50% given to a player after a kill.
My only issue is that the full health + shopping would make shopping even more OP. I'd say if this does get implemented, which it should, to nerf the shop a bit. +1
This is another good point, I think I may update my thread. Full health may be to op, but believe at least 3 hearts needs to be regenerated after a kill in FFA.

Mqxti

Novice Member
Oct 13, 2020
Jupiter 🌌
www.youtube.com
I guess until this gets added I'll play FFA on other 1.9 servers like vultex pvp and pvp legacy
Yes unfortunately I have noticed many players doing this. When going on popular FFA servers such as Vultex, PvP Legacy, and Draco Legends I notice about 30-50% of the players are CubeCrafters. I think with some some small tweaks to the FFA server such as this health suggestion, Cube could retain and win those players back who are going to other 1.9 FFA servers. Cube's FFA has really good potential to be the best 1.9 FFA server, it has the best maps, the community isn't very toxic, kits are great, and I'm my opinion the shop is awesome as well.

Lime

Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2015
About one and a half year ago, I made a suggestion about this topic as well. Since then, I've seen quite some threads about cleaning in FFA and that some sort of regeneration should be added. Sure, cleaning can be seen as a tactic, but it just ruins the fun in most cases, especially if you want to get a good killstreak. I don't really agree with receiving full health after killing someone because this would make shopping even more overpowered, like stated by someone else. Fortunately, this was your initial suggestion. Your current/edited one sounds a lot better to me! +3 hearts or a few seconds of regeneration after a kill sounds like a good idea to me. This way, you'll have a decent chance at defeating an opponent.

I've also seen this on other servers and a considerable amount of people who replied to your thread seem to like this so consider your suggestion escalated!

• Love

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
yes, I agree, but not full hearts, (this is waaay too op), rather 3 hearts or something like that is better imo.

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I definitely love this new concept of regenning 3 hearts after getting a kill. I don't play FFA often, but I notice the immense amount of cleans, especially with the new addition of damage indicators. Overall, the suggestion seems much more fairer when fighting and hopefully allowing cleans to be reduced. It's a yes from me!

• Love

Sle3k

Oct 16, 2020
There is a small problem, people who buy items like prot 3 armor from the shop , will never die unless they are teamed upon, so yeah

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
This is a low effort reply but I’m a bit tired rn. This would just allow people to go on crazy kill streaks and if you kill steal people it makes it even more annoying. Let’s pretend @Ge1ster and I were fighting, then all of a sudden @Ender just comes in and kills Ge1ster and now gets massive regen, that means that now I have NO chance at all in this fight. I think this has more cons then pros and if it was added would cause complaints.

Ge1ster

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2020
Lampland
This is a low effort reply but I’m a bit tired rn. This would just allow people to go on crazy kill streaks and if you kill steal people it makes it even more annoying. Let’s pretend @Ge1ster and I were fighting, then all of a sudden @Ender just comes in and kills Ge1ster and now gets massive regen, that means that now I have NO chance at all in this fight. I think this has more cons then pros and if it was added would cause complaints.
I mean I am pretty sure I would own you both but whatever...

Yeah I guess kill steals would really ruin the game :(

Mqxti

Novice Member
Oct 13, 2020
Jupiter 🌌
www.youtube.com
There is a small problem, people who buy items like prot 3 armor from the shop , will never die unless they are teamed upon, so yeah
Shoppers currently don't die anyways unless teamed upon. My goal with this thread is to make the FFA server more enjoyable and fair for everyone.

As @4G3NT_Dean Stated above, the shop should also be nerfed along with this update. I have an idea of keeping the shop as it is.. but maybe only allowing 5 golden-apples per life? I really enjoy the shop feature, and think it is part of what makes Cube's FFA unique. By setting a 5 golden-apple cap per life, would make shoppers more fair an easier to kill. Once they run out of their 5 gaps, they would have to rely on getting kills to regen their health (3 hearts). Now, if you are in a large fight (1v5, 1v10 1v20 etc) getting kills is quite difficult as so many people are hitting you at once and the low health people just fall to the back. So, with my 3 hearts of health regen after a kill, and setting a 5 golden-apple cap per life, shoppers should be more balanced.

I recently used the shop to get OP as possible, for over an hour I was able to engage in large 1v20s and win with no problem. All you need is prot 3, a lot of golden apples, the potion kit, and then your practically unstoppable unless another OP shopper comes. By the end of my OP 90 minutes FFA session, I had 170 kills, 0 deaths, and everyone had quite the server. This sounds like a problem, and needs a solution one way or another. Thanks for your feedback <3

About one and a half year ago, I made a suggestion about this topic as well. Since then, I've seen quite some threads about cleaning in FFA and that some sort of regeneration should be added. Sure, cleaning can be seen as a tactic, but it just ruins the fun in most cases, especially if you want to get a good killstreak. I don't really agree with receiving full health after killing someone because this would make shopping even more overpowered, like stated by someone else. Fortunately, this was your initial suggestion. Your current/edited one sounds a lot better to me! +3 hearts or a few seconds of regeneration after a kill sounds like a good idea to me. This way, you'll have a decent chance at defeating an opponent.

I've also seen this on other servers and a considerable amount of people who replied to your thread seem to like this so consider your suggestion escalated!
I totally agree, and thanks for escalating my suggestion! With everyone's great input, new ideas are constantly being sparked. If you scroll up to my reply to @S0ILARI5 I had an idea for a 5 golden-apple cap per life, what do you think?

Hmm, I actually disagree. I believe with this new addition, getting crazy killstreaks would be much more skill based.
I had a new idea for a 5 golden-apple cap per life, which I think would balance everything out even more! As I stated in my thread, this isn't a solution to 'cleaning', this is a suggestion to make the FFA server more playable and enjoyable for everyone.
Currently op-shoppers are pretty much invincible, with my 2 additions (regen 3 hearts after a kill and 5 golden-apple cap per life) shoppers would be much more balanced!
Scenario: 5-20 people decide to team on a shopper (this happens often), as soon as the shopper runs out of their 5 golden apples its pretty much a fair fight. Shopping should still be fun, but not ruin the game for everyone if that makes sense.
Another scenario: You are grinding for a crazy killstreak, but by the 25th-50th kill you have run out of golden apples! All it really takes now is a couple potion kit users to come along and your toast!
Again I'm not trying to solve the cleaning problem, people clean when grinding for a k/d or killstreak which makes sense although annoying. I believe the FFA server is quite unbalanced currently, which is what I am trying to solve with this thread.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. ♥

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom