Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Hello, this is kind of an add on to my other thread about FFA maps, but I think everything would be a lot clearer if it was split into two threads.

1. So yea, in FFA you get 1 point per kill. Aside from that and stats, you don't get exp (except sometimes for saying "gg"). I think it's a pretty decent place to get points, but when compared to duels, it's not as good. So what would be something that would make FFA a bit more enticing (if you can ignore the salt that is)? Some sort of KOTH like event. One player in the KOTH zone would receive some goody for being able to hold their spot, of course the rewards shouldn't be exactly ridiculous due to the fact just about everyone teams in FFA. So yea. I wanna emphasize on the single player being rewarded. This player would have to be the first in "queue", and will be replaced by someone else when they die. These KOTH zone should be a bit close to spawn zones, so it's harder for teams to hog it. If someone shops, they pretty much would be wasting their time, since they have a higher chance of being targetted (unless they have plenty of points and buy all of them nice golden apples, but then again, what are they doing there????). So how long should the KOTH time be? 5-10 minutes? Eh.

2. Some sort of auto select kit thing. Kind of goes with my idea in: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/ffa-maps.207598/ , where the player can re enter the war zone by jumping down a hole or something.

3. Achievements in FFA is rather bland when compared to games such as Eggwars, heck even Assassination has more grindy-ish achievements. This is partially due to the fact that in FFA, you don't have that much to do. But it shouldn't be too hard to add achievements such as "kill a player with a bow from 50 blocks away" or something, right?

4. Kits, kits, kits. It's been what... like 2+ years, and yet only five kits exist. There have been some tweaks there and there, but a new kit hasn't been added. So what to do about this? Start a competition and everyone votes for their favorite! I think it'd be a whole lot more fun to do it that way. Heh, maybe a new FFA game mode will be created since plenty of cool ideas would appear.

So, I'm not adding a poll, since there's 4 different ideas, and it becomes tooooo messy to deal with the vote kind of thingy.

Reactions: Lightning McQueen
L

Lightning McQueen

M im gonna stop you right there. koth wont work because of your specifications. the zone being close to spawn points wont help solo players, it’ll just make it easier for teams to win; they’ll keep coming back and taking turns inside. But,

I love how only one player gets rewarded in koth zones. To work, koth zones will need to be pretty isolated, far from spawn points.

Suggestions:

The very top if pride rock
The waterfall at savannah
The topmost building on classic
The helicopter
The top of trees or hills on flatlands
The top of helmet
The birds on flowers
The rainbow

This’ll limit people coming to contest in zones as they wont be able to get back as fast keeping koth pretty fair. Alternitively, remove the spawning points altogether and keep it random so a few more areas such as the volcano and the water area on classic can be made into koth zones.

D

Deleted member 59979

I quite like the idea of KOTH areas in FFA but I don't think it'll work too well in wings FFA. I'm sure something could be worked out though.
I'm all for the other 3 ideas and don't see any problems

L

Lightning McQueen

I quite like the idea of KOTH areas in FFA but I don't think it'll work too well in wings FFA. I'm sure something could be worked out though.
we already have koth areas in wings such as the inside of the x-wing and the eagles.

MasterNicco

Novice Member
Feb 26, 2017
I agree on the kits and exp but I don't think teams will be stopped by any means , making KOTH zones in my opinion is not a good idea really it would ruin ffa
If u hate teams there are duels in the end they are made for a reason
Maybe they could add a trident kit once the update comes

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
M im gonna stop you right there. koth wont work because of your specifications. the zone being close to spawn points wont help solo players, it’ll just make it easier for teams to win; they’ll keep coming back and taking turns inside. But,

I love how only one player gets rewarded in koth zones. To work, koth zones will need to be pretty isolated, far from spawn points.

Suggestions:

The very top if pride rock
The waterfall at savannah
The topmost building on classic
The helicopter
The top of trees or hills on flatlands
The top of helmet
The birds on flowers
The rainbow

This’ll limit people coming to contest in zones as they wont be able to get back as fast keeping koth pretty fair. Alternitively, remove the spawning points altogether and keep it random so a few more areas such as the volcano and the water area on classic can be made into koth zones.

Yea I was thinking it'd be rather hard on a solo player, so perhaps not too close, but not too far?

It's rather easy to crit someone out in wings, so yea, everyone will have a hard time holding it out. But it'd be a shame if there wasn't a KOTH zone in wings, but there was one in every other map.

I agree on the kits and exp but I don't think teams will be stopped by any means , making KOTH zones in my opinion is not a good idea really it would ruin ffa
If u hate teams there are duels in the end they are made for a reason
Maybe they could add a trident kit once the update comes

I don't have anything against teams in FFA, I use to solo wayyyyyyy back then, but that's in the past. But making it fair for players who don't want to team isn't too bad, right?

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
Top Bottom