Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

thethird

Apr 22, 2024
So this will be because there will be a map per region, and when FFA gets to a specific player count it opens another game per region. So if there's 3 games, there will be more games for each region. You can see the decision values are all the same for maps and regions:
btw the Nether map has not been seen in months, is it disabled or just a bug? and one last thing I wanted to ask is the "decision value" on all the maps is 20, but I heard you saying years ago the decision value for elytra maps was like 10 right? Is that still gonna be 10 or is it gonna be 20 aswell when you guys add it in a few months?

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
btw the Nether map has not been seen in months, is it disabled or just a bug? and one last thing I wanted to ask is the "decision value" on all the maps is 20, but I heard you saying years ago the decision value for elytra maps was like 10 right? Is that still gonna be 10 or is it gonna be 20 aswell when you guys add it in a few months?
Yeah Nether was bugged, I've fixed it now. And rotated maps tend to have a little higher ratio, as they are "new", so the winged map would probably have ratio 25.

ImLuctor

Aug 31, 2016
Belgium Oost-Vlaanderen
So this will be because there will be a map per region, and when FFA gets to a specific player count it opens another game per region. So if there's 3 games, there will be more games for each region. You can see the decision values are all the same for maps and regions:
Ye but like I said. Bedrock has more players so should get more attention but I get matched with tons of Arabs cuz there is no region selection or there are no other regions for it. While Java is losing players and resources are wasted to 0 players in FFA maps while they could be used for Team Skywars wich was very popular on cube. Same for assassinations I miss that game so much.

• Disagree
Reactions: Nightmare and Blom

thethird

Apr 22, 2024
Yeah Nether was bugged, I've fixed it now. And rotated maps tend to have a little higher ratio, as they are "new", so the winged map would probably have ratio 25.
You said you will add one wing map back to the game in the next map rotation for FFA and im very thankful you listen to it cause the community loves it. But is there a possibility you can add the second wing map aswell? There are 11 ground maps active right now, which is a lot right? Maybe you can remove one ground map, then you still have 10 ground maps and add the second wing map aswell (Flowers or Space, most iconic and oldest maps in ffa) but if that's not possible im glad atleast one wing map will be back! : )

• Disagree
Reactions: Nightmare

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Sadly nobody else noticed, Nether is really unpopular because of all the lava and the fog. Even though it's one of my favourites.

ImLuctor

Aug 31, 2016
Belgium Oost-Vlaanderen
Ye but like I said. Bedrock has more players so should get more attention but I get matched with tons of Arabs cuz there is no region selection or there are no other regions for it. While Java is losing players and resources are wasted to 0 players in FFA maps while they could be used for Team Skywars wich was very popular on cube. Same for assassinations I miss that game so much.
@Blom ? why u disagree? explain urself. or i win gg

thethird

Apr 22, 2024
@Nightmare so only 1 wing map is possible? is 2 too much or why? im not complaining btw im glad theres atleast one coming back : ) and im speaking for a lot people!

Nightmare

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Dec 24, 2016
Germany, Bavaria
@Nightmare so only 1 wing map is possible? is 2 too much or why? im not complaining btw im glad theres atleast one coming back : ) and im speaking for a lot people!
I disagreed because one map is enough to test if it would be popular enough to keep in the rotation in the future, these kind of maps were not really popular in the past :)

Reactions: Reesle and Loskol

thethird

Apr 22, 2024
I

I disagreed because one map is enough to test if it would be popular enough to keep in the rotation in the future, these kind of maps were not really popular in the past :)
Fair fair, but isnt it just cool to have those winged maps in the rotation forever because it's a very different unique pvp style which some people really like and it's not the same pvp style over and over again like in the ground maps. When you're bored from normal maps you can just switch to wing maps and thats what made ffa fun. I always saw the wing maps full with 30-40 players but maybe its different when you look at the stats of all the maps.

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
@Blom ? why u disagree? explain urself. or i win gg
Glad you asked.

There are a couple reasons: Because bedrock has more players doesn't mean it should get more attention. If that was the case, Java should've been closed down. Java and Bedrock are finally in the same code, meaning they can get the same attention. Bedrock can have more new games, because bedrock has the player count to make that viable, but more games does not equal more attention.

Secondly, that you get paired with people from the Middle-East region has nothing to do with this thread. There is an active post about Middle-East regions, which you can find here, so I would suggest to keep that debate going in there. However, if you say that it is annoying and they should get their own region, you contradict yourself by saying that CubeCraft is wasting their resources on too many FFA maps.

Thirdly, Cam explained quite elaborate how the map opening process goes. If there are enough players, a new map will open. This means that of the two map sections, one was probably filled except for one spot, while the other just opened. If you would've looked only 5 minutes later, the map selection menu would've been completely different. It is not wasted resources if there are players that ask for that new map.

Fourthly, I don't think adding Team SkyWars would be a good idea now. s4mways, another forum member (I won't ping you but if you read this, then hi!) has brought up the Team Lucky Islands and Team SkyWars debate up multiple times already, but always in a way that it should replace the solo counterpart instead of being a new gamemode on itself. I think this is much more fair looking at current playercounts. This would mean that there would be no fiat added, no more resources spent compared to current situation. Adding Team SkyWars as its own new game would fail completely and only harm Solo SkyWars and its community.

Fifthly and Lastly, Assassinations was a popular game... in 2020. It was removed even before the Big Future (The Future of Java thread), because it was barely played except for a loyal community, of which nothing is left if it would be readded anyways. Saying that Assassinations is a good call to bring back is delusional... Note that I do not hate Assassinations, I actually liked it quite a lot. I also loved Archer Assault for example, but that game was also dead. I cannot defend a game that would not do well, no matter how much I like it. In the end, CubeCraft's existence is much more important than a new game, so I wait for Arcade to return in the mean time, but I will not bring it up as right now it is not worth it.

Reactions: Matriox

ImLuctor

Aug 31, 2016
Belgium Oost-Vlaanderen
Glad you asked.

There are a couple reasons: Because bedrock has more players doesn't mean it should get more attention. If that was the case, Java should've been closed down. Java and Bedrock are finally in the same code, meaning they can get the same attention. Bedrock can have more new games, because bedrock has the player count to make that viable, but more games does not equal more attention.

Secondly, that you get paired with people from the Middle-East region has nothing to do with this thread. There is an active post about Middle-East regions, which you can find here, so I would suggest to keep that debate going in there. However, if you say that it is annoying and they should get their own region, you contradict yourself by saying that CubeCraft is wasting their resources on too many FFA maps.

Thirdly, Cam explained quite elaborate how the map opening process goes. If there are enough players, a new map will open. This means that of the two map sections, one was probably filled except for one spot, while the other just opened. If you would've looked only 5 minutes later, the map selection menu would've been completely different. It is not wasted resources if there are players that ask for that new map.

Fourthly, I don't think adding Team SkyWars would be a good idea now. s4mways, another forum member (I won't ping you but if you read this, then hi!) has brought up the Team Lucky Islands and Team SkyWars debate up multiple times already, but always in a way that it should replace the solo counterpart instead of being a new gamemode on itself. I think this is much more fair looking at current playercounts. This would mean that there would be no fiat added, no more resources spent compared to current situation. Adding Team SkyWars as its own new game would fail completely and only harm Solo SkyWars and its community.

Fifthly and Lastly, Assassinations was a popular game... in 2020. It was removed even before the Big Future (The Future of Java thread), because it was barely played except for a loyal community, of which nothing is left if it would be readded anyways. Saying that Assassinations is a good call to bring back is delusional... Note that I do not hate Assassinations, I actually liked it quite a lot. I also loved Archer Assault for example, but that game was also dead. I cannot defend a game that would not do well, no matter how much I like it. In the end, CubeCraft's existence is much more important than a new game, so I wait for Arcade to return in the mean time, but I will not bring it up as right now it is not worth it.
Nothing you say makes sence and ill tell you why.
I do not contradict myself. They are wasting resources on java by having maps with 0 players. They could instead use their servers in other regions for a better bedrock experience cuz bedrock has more members. And yes Bedrock does need to get more attention. I prefer Java but bedrock has more players so why would they want to keep other regions open on java when those servers almost get no players. Like i said they could instead use it for other gamemodes or on bedrock then keeping servers open with 0 players. And I understand your third explanation but the concept is bad cuz java does not get that many players. A rotation of the map is better. And even tho then this doesn't explain the 0 players in a server cuz there are sometimes multiple 0 player servers cuz like i said they care so much about regions in java but not at all in bedrock while bedrock again... has more players.

As of your fourth explanation. I get what you mean but it makes no sense running parkour servers when parkour has less members than team skywars. I get that they removed gamemodes but why they not removed parkour instead? I get they need to make money so map selection seems nice to buy a rank for but why not try and think of new stuff to add to the shop so they can remove map selection and instead have a very fast match making WITH team skywars. And also solo egg but I'm not sure how popular that was. But anyways team skywars was more popular than parkour so why want to update the parkour code to 1.19 when you can easily use solo skywars source code and edit it for team skywars map. Assasinations was also more popular than parkour. They could have added assassins to bedrock aswell. And the reason assassins was reducing in players was cuz of no updates. Players were playing the same maps for over and over and stuff like enchanting or so was never added. Im a programmer and adding that stuff isn't that hard man. Look at that new game pillars thingy. They said they made that in 1 day. You think it would be that hard just to add enchanting.

• Disagree
Reactions: Blom

ImLuctor

Aug 31, 2016
Belgium Oost-Vlaanderen
I do not contradict myself. They are wasting resources on java by having maps with 0 players. They could instead use their servers in other regions for a better bedrock experience cuz bedrock has more members. And yes Bedrock does need to get more attention. I prefer Java but bedrock has more players so why would they want to keep other regions open on java when those servers almost get no players. Like i said they could instead use it for other gamemodes or on bedrock then keeping servers open with 0 players. And I understand your third explanation but the concept is bad cuz java does not get that many players. A rotation of the map is better. And even tho then this doesn't explain the 0 players in a server cuz there are sometimes multiple 0 player servers cuz like i said they care so much about regions in java but not at all in bedrock while bedrock again... has more players.

As of your fourth explanation. I get what you mean but it makes no sense running parkour servers when parkour has less members than team skywars. I get that they removed gamemodes but why they not removed parkour instead? I get they need to make money so map selection seems nice to buy a rank for but why not try and think of new stuff to add to the shop so they can remove map selection and instead have a very fast match making WITH team skywars. And also solo egg but I'm not sure how popular that was. But anyways team skywars was more popular than parkour so why want to update the parkour code to 1.19 when you can easily use solo skywars source code and edit it for team skywars map. Assasinations was also more popular than parkour. They could have added assassins to bedrock aswell. And the reason assassins was reducing in players was cuz of no updates. Players were playing the same maps for over and over and stuff like enchanting or so was never added. Im a programmer and adding that stuff isn't that hard man. Look at that new game pillars thingy. They said they made that in 1 day. You think it would be that hard just to add enchanting.
parkour litterly feels like that one admin kept the gamemode cuz he just wanted it.

@Blom ye ofc u disagree anyways since ur not explaining yourself I assume I'm right. For some reason, everyone shuts their mouth when you say "Wait but why does parkour exist tho". Common you can't be for real and say to yourself that parkour should stay. I mean now there is no point in removing it I guess. There is no argument u can make as to why parkour should stay.

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
parkour litterly feels like that one admin kept the gamemode cuz he just wanted it.

@Blom ye ofc u disagree anyways since ur not explaining yourself I assume I'm right. For some reason, everyone shuts their mouth when you say "Wait but why does parkour exist tho". Common you can't be for real and say to yourself that parkour should stay. I mean now there is no point in removing it I guess. There is no argument u can make as to why parkour should stay.
I think I remember someone mentioning that Parkour wasn't removed since games in Parkour don't require multiple players to join for the game to start. Players can just join the game and play as long as they want without having to wait for the game to start due to inactivity. The reason why a lot of gamemodes were removed was because games took too long to start especially during the inactive hours, but Parkour doesn't have this problem.

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
This thread seems to have derailed quite a bit from it's original purpose. I'd appreciate it if it can be kept to the topic regarding the addition of an FFA map. You're free to create a new discussion or continue it in another more related active thread. Interested people aren't able to leave comments as they're unaware of the discussion due to the title and those that want to continue their discussion on the original topic can't due to the off topic discussion.. :sadnoot:

thethird

Apr 22, 2024
This thread seems to have derailed quite a bit from it's original purpose. I'd appreciate it if it can be kept to the topic regarding the addition of an FFA map. You're free to create a new discussion or continue it in another more related active thread. Interested people aren't able to leave comments as they're unaware of the discussion due to the title and those that want to continue their discussion on the original topic can't due to the off topic discussion.. :sadnoot:
Agreed. For the people who just jumped in. This thread was a suggestion to add the wings map back. And it's confirmed atleast one winged map will come back next java map rotation.

Next suggestion that is still related to FFA:

Is it maybe possible to also show the maps when they are full?

why: because its sometimes very annoying when you only see 1 or 2 maps while there are actually 5 maps active but you dont know it because when it has 40/40 players you cannot see the map in the list. so my question is if you could make it so you can also see maps that are full. I think it used to be like that in the OG days.

Reactions: Reesle and Loskol

ImLuctor

Aug 31, 2016
Belgium Oost-Vlaanderen
Agreed. For the people who just jumped in. This thread was a suggestion to add the wings map back. And it's confirmed atleast one winged map will come back next java map rotation.

Next suggestion that is still related to FFA:

Is it maybe possible to also show the maps when they are full?

why: because its sometimes very annoying when you only see 1 or 2 maps while there are actually 5 maps active but you dont know it because when it has 40/40 players you cannot see the map in the list. so my question is if you could make it so you can also see maps that are full. I think it used to be like that in the OG days.
Ye I would prefer that aswell. And to avoid spam clicking there can be a delay in the code before it tries to send you to the server. Or even better, if the server is full it does not try to send you and it only sends you if there is room. This avoids unnecessary connections to that server.

Apr 12, 2023
Which map is it gonna be?

So which map is gonna return? Is it gonna be Flowers or Space?

Adding both would be even more nice cause then you can switch between the most beautiful unique og pvp maps.

1717939895905.png
1717939902746.png

This was a thread I made in 2023 about the maps. Im glad they are finally coming back. A lot of people will come back to Cubecraft and enjoy playing it im pretty sure,

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I changed my profile pic…
It’s pool time! 🌊
Daily question no 14, what is your favourite soft drink?
iTz1Hamood wrote on Kloska's profile.
🤍
I went to sleep at 4am last night, put my alarm at 12:30pm, snoozed, woke up at 4pm. How's your day going?
black moguss wrote on Laura's profile.
how to become Verified?
Top Bottom