Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be implemented to the server?

• Yes! (Why?)

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Yes... but differently (How?)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No! (Why?)

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
  • It is public knowledge that the majority of the players of FFA do not approve when people use the shop to buy items that gives them an advantage. The shop is there for a reason, and it's valid for everyone to use it. But it seems like the constant insults, targetting, and peer pressure the people who use the store go through makes -most people- not want to use it.
I thought there could be a way to make these items more "valid" so players started using the shop. And I came out with the idea of giving FFA its own currency. I know it may make points even more useless but it's not like many people use points on the FFA shop anyway.

Because it is kind of unfair that someone that has thousands of points by playing Minerware, for example, goes ahead and buys a full god set. Instead of that, the players who play a lot of FFA would be rewarded by being able to easily purchase items in the shop.

This currency, would be the one to replace the +1 point a player receives upon making a kill. And it would also be the one to replace points as the purchase method in the FFA shops.

Thank you for reading! Any feedback is appreciated. I know it isn't a small change but it might actually have a good impact in the FFA community.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Assassinations already has its own currency and I personally don't think it's a good idea to add another currency in the game.
  • the constant insults, targetting, and peer pressure the people who use the store go through makes -most people- not want to use it.
I think that'll still be the case with another currency.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Assassinations already has its own currency and I personally don't think it's a good idea to add another currency in the game.

I think that'll still be the case with another currency.
Assassinations is a different game to FFA.
And even if so, at least it's only fair if the people who get to buy things in FFA are the people who actually play FFA.

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
Well... youd have to get like 300 kills to be able to purchase even 1 godset... that means godsets will be even rarer, making people that use them get even more targeted. In addition, killing people being the only way to get godsets would encourage kill farming and killing your friends over and over to get points to buy godsets.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Well... youd have to get like 300 kills to be able to purchase even 1 godset... that means godsets will be even rarer, making people that use them get even more targeted. In addition, killing people being the only way to get godsets would encourage kill farming and killing your friends over and over to get points to buy godsets.
The farming could still happen without the new currency. And maybe the shop prices could be cheaper then.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
The shop... I've never been a big fan of it. Since I've started playing, I've probably only used it to buy armor once. I like the idea of keeping FFA simple and clean (in terms of game play, the chat... ahaha). You spawn in, you know what kit you have, you know what the enemy has with one glance, you don't have to worry about some shenanigans with perks and abilities. There's no such thing as strength stacking, instant regen, stuff like that. It's a place that people mostly use to hang out in more than anything. The shop, in my opinion kinda sticks out in a weird way.

But I can see why some people would like to use the shop, it's not like it's completely useless. Although I highly doubt replacing the current way to buy armor with another form of currency is actually going to help...

For the sake of continuing the discussion...

Personally I don't have anything against people who use the shop to buy armor and whatnot, but then again I get where some people are coming from, it's pretty annoying when you got someone on your tail constantly with a sharpness 3 sword and a full set of protection 3 armor, while you're stuck with at best a full set of protection 2 and a normal diamond sword. Now this is something that pretty much only applies for OP FFA, in my opinion.

Prior to "The Big Change" with all the other versions of FFA: Classic and Normal, the shop actually didn't really give anyone an advantage (my boy @SaltyShini can vouch for that). If there were any advantages, it only served to make you look all fancy and shiny :>. In the under-powered versions, all you needed was pretty much just the one-trick alchemist kit to drain your opponent completely of their health and their armor ultimately. I think the targeting of people who used the shop in the other versions was more along the lines of:

> "Wow, this person has armor, it'd be pretty funny if they lose it within 2 minutes of spawning in. :kappa:"

instead of the...

> "Reeeee, that armor makes you 100x stronger, I must target you and bring back the balance!! :triggered:"

BUT, it's pretty much OP we're talking about, so yea, there definitely is an advantage with shopping. AND there should be. After all, you're spending quite a bit of points, that you're unlikely to even make back from killing other players in FFA. I think the whole idea of keeping the current point system as the universal currency .... should remain so. Slightly unrelated but, I remember being a fan of TD for a while. I remember wanting to save up for that shiny Leach Tower (2000 points I believe), because it made everyone think you that you were cool (T.T), but I wasn't good at TD. I had pretty much no idea what I was doing, so I pretty much played other games and did the daily achievements to save up points for TD. Long story short, having one currency is handy dandy :3.

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
The farming could still happen without the new currency. And maybe the shop prices could be cheaper then.
Why killfarm for points if you can just play games like eggwars for much faster points

Fredd_WG

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2017
Ecuador
tiene razon en ffa si utilizas manzanas o compras espadas o armaduras todos te insultan y te empiezan a hacer focus ya que a ellos no les parece bien

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom