Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be added?

• Total voters

YesEggs

Novice Member
Apr 15, 2018
Australia
Since Minecraft has this feature built into itself, we should try and spin it to be a bit better and more unique.

I suggest that the entire chat becomes disabled apart from the following:
  • Friend private & public messages
  • All kill messages (although this should be toggle able too)
  • Friend network join messages
  • Party invites & party chat
  • Staff messages
Additionally I think every 20 minutes you have it disabled it should post a message in chat saying
Your chat is disabled. Re-enable it in the settings!
I really like the idea but might not be possible to have kill messages and not the chat

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
This would be a brilliant feature with some tweaks. As to what can be toggled on and of. Maybe more specific [as already mentioned]. This could also be an interesting thing for all gamemodes. In FFA it has obviously reasons. But in Eggwars for example it still could be just nice to not see the entire chat for once. An amazing idea!
So that’s a yes from me

Reactions: Smoothlyy

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
I don’t understand what the point of seeing the kill messages is anyways.
All kill messages (although this should be toggle able too)
Well, since custom kill messages are a Plus feature, CubeCraft can’t simply give everybody the ability to disable them. People had to pay real-life money in order to get access to this feature. It’d be pretty unfair for Plus subscribers if it turns out that each player can decide for themselves whether or not they want to see a feature the Plus subscribers had to pay for.

And only disabling the regular kill messages would be kind of weird, in my opinion... It’d be very strange and confusing if players only get to see the custom kill messages rather than every kill message.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Well, since custom kill messages are a Plus feature, CubeCraft can’t simply give everybody the ability to disable them. People had to pay real-life money in order to get access to this feature. It’d be pretty unfair for Plus subscribers if it turns out that each player can decide for themselves whether or not they want to see a feature the Plus subscribers had to pay for.

And only disabling the regular kill messages would be kind of weird, in my opinion... It’d be very strange and confusing if players only get to see the custom kill messages rather than every kill message.
I'm pretty sure if you are in a party you only see the kill messages of people in your party (FFA only), so they've already done it.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
View attachment 160532

Hello! I am here with a new FFA chat suggestion. We all well know how toxic FFA chat can be. Today, I am suggesting the ability to toggle chat in FFA so you don't have to witness all of the horrid toxicity. I will provide pictures as visualization for my idea.

So here is what the FFA hotbar looks like when you join or re spawn.
View attachment 160535

Here is what I am suggesting it to look like.
View attachment 160536

Ok, say you want to turn on/off your FFA chat.
You hit the Chat settings item and it gives you a menu like so:

View attachment 160537
The green option represents the turn on chat function, and the red option represents the turn off chat function.

Thanks!

Tag: @Eli
How did I not get the notification from this?

Anyway yeah I really like your suggestion since it’s really straightforward. I’m sure a lot of people would appreciate being able to ignore all of that toxicity. If this were to be implemented together with @Pomelo ’s addition then I think it’d be perfect.

+1!

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I believe Minecraft’s chat settings include making the chat a lot smaller, so it doesn’t bother you in such gamodes, but having the option to switch it on and off instantly would be so much easier than going to the chat settings and trying to figure out what where your previous settings.Good idea

Reactions: Smoothlyy

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA
CHANGELOG:
-Friend private & public messages
-All kill messages(This can possibly be toggle able as well
-Friend network join messages
-Party invites & party chat
-Staff messages
-Ability to still type in commands while chat is turned off
-Every 15 minutes a message will pop up asking you if you still want chat disabled and the chat settings menu will pop up.

ty @Story for most of these

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom