Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 486250

Since the pvp update, someone came up with the great idea to make weapons, bows and armor unbreakable, making "shopers" even more OP, to compensate, they implemented not being able to access /shop if you are in combat, however, you can buy everything you need before going to fight ._.
Previously a person could buy many sets of armor and enchanted gold apples, now they only need to buy many enchanted gold apples since armor is indestructible!
In my opinion I think that now it is more unbalanced than before, at least before you spent a few hundred points buying armor, now it is not necessary.
When a person buys something in the shop they usually do it to get revenge on someone who killed them or to beat their current killstreak

I have seen some types of frequent suggestions about how to change the shop:

1. Remove the enchanted golden apples (I mean, it's completely valid to use the shop, I don't see a problem with someone wanting to beat their current killstreak, for that they most likely need some enchanted golden apples, so I don't think removing them is the option)

2. Increase prices in the shop (In my opinion, the prices in the shop are very cheap, but increasing them will not make a difference, many people will be willing to pay maybe 5,000 points for an enchanted golden apple to be able to kill the one who killed him.
The current prices are a balance for those who are just starting to play on the server and have almost no points and those who have thousands of points, making the prices more expensive will only benefit those who have been playing for much longer on the server)

3. Implement a FFA coin (This seems to be a reasonable solution, one FFA coin per kill and change the prices in the shop, the server points will no longer be needed, if you want to buy something in the shop you will need to kill first, but ... those people that FFA is their main game will have a much higher amount of FFA coins than those people who are starting, so we return to the same thing as before, people who have been playing for much longer will have an abysmal advantage)

So how can we create a balance between veteran players and players who are just starting out?

My Suggestion
First of all, weapons, bows and armor bought from the shop will NOT be unbreakable!

No FFA coins and no points, you will need current killstreak to buy.
1609228119194.png

New Prices:
ItemPrice BeforePrice After
each piece of diamond armor protection II

each piece of diamond armor protection III
25 points

50 points
1 current killstreak

2 current killstreak
diamond sword
diamond sword sharpness I
diamond sword sharpness II
diamond sword sharpness III
5 points
15 points
30 points
60 points
1 current killstreak
2 current killstreak
3 current killstreak
4 current killstreak
diamond axe
diamond axe sharpness I
diamond axe sharpness II
diamond axe sharpness III
5 points
15 points
30 points
60 points
2 current killstreak
3 current killstreak
4 current killstreak
5 current killstreak
bow power I
bow power II
bow power III
5 points
15 points
30 points
2 current killstreak
3 current killstreak
4 current killstreak
3 arrows
16 arrows
1 point
-
-
1 current killstreak
golden apple
enchanted golden apple
shield
125 points
500 points
150 points
4 current killstreak
9 current killstreak
5 current killstreak

For example:
*Set of diamond armor protection III, diamond sword sharpness III, bow power III, 96 arrows, 5 golden apples and 1 enchanted golden apples = 1447 points

It may seem like a lot, but in reality it is not for a person who has been playing for a long time, but if a person is just starting out, do you think they could buy all that?

With the new prices, you have to have 51 current killstreak to buy all this

Don't think that if you have 3 current killstreak, you can buy all the golden apples you want, the current killstreak will be discounted from the scoreboard

What does this mean? that your current killstreak will change constantly every time you use the shop and now it will be fair for all kinds of people, since you will have to kill to buy and the current killstreak is reset every time you die or leave and join another map

I think that's all, I would like to know your opinions!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BubbleF1sh

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I agree that there should be done something against the 'shopper' problem, as a lot of FFA players seem bothered by it. I don't think the solutions you gave will work tho. Implementing an FFA currency won't make much difference. In fact I think this would even increase the amount of players using the shop. Currently the coins you get by making kills in FFA can be spend on the entire network. It's a waste for some players to buy FFA gear from it. But if you implement a currency specifically to spend on shopping, it would be a waste to not spend them. Therefore everyone will be shopping probably if this was implemented.

About the other idea's; I don't agree with removing the golden apple, if you get teamed up by 6 players as a shopper a enchanted golden apple could help a lot for instance. Also I don't think increasing the prices would help, they are high enough already and making them even higher would be more unfair for newer players on the network and an advantage to those with thousands of points, like you mentioned already.

D

Deleted member 486250

I agree that there should be done something against the 'shopper' problem, as a lot of FFA players seem bothered by it. I don't think the solutions you gave will work tho. Implementing an FFA currency won't make much difference. In fact I think this would even increase the amount of players using the shop. Currently the coins you get by making kills in FFA can be spend on the entire network. It's a waste for some players to buy FFA gear from it. But if you implement a currency specifically to spend on shopping, it would be a waste to not spend them. Therefore everyone will be shopping probably if this was implemented.

About the other idea's; I don't agree with removing the golden apple, if you get teamed up by 6 players as a shopper a enchanted golden apple could help a lot for instance. Also I don't think increasing the prices would help, they are high enough already and making them even higher would be more unfair for newer players on the network and an advantage to those with thousands of points, like you mentioned already.
My suggestion is to use your current killstreak to buy, the other 3 suggestion is what I’ve seen but I feel that they are not the best option

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
I think a better solution would be to add armour durability back only for shoppers, so it's not overpowered, and then make it so you can only buy one of each item, except arrows, per life. So for example, if you buy the best sword and it breaks, you can't buy that sword anymore. This will mean they cannot indefinitely buy and keep living and it will make the game more fair for everyone.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
JokeKaedee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats 🎊💗
Top Bottom