Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

res1237

Novice Member
Sep 1, 2018
At the moment i'm playing the berserker kit in ffa, and its fun to do. But the kit is a bit underwhelming. Most kits can get me in a combo because of the axe hit cool down.

So i was thinking what could the kit be missing, something to elevate the kit to the next level.
I looked in the shop, and there was it: a shield.

The shield, an underused item on the server. But with an shield the berserker kit would be complete. And in axe pvp the shield is an important tool to use.

2021-02-08_19.09.23.png
(me with my shield, and in berserker kit)

Jiivan

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2018
Catalonia
Hello,
I don't really think a shield would be a good implement into the berserker kit. Keep in mind that a shield can be bought on FFA's shop; putting a shop item to a kit would ruin it, it would be like putting a golden apple or a bow in a dia kit. Also, I suppose it is there for a reason.
Besides, you can always use different strategies in order to not get caught so easily by a sword. In my opinion, I believe other items / upgrades could be useful for this kit, rather than a shield that almost no-one uses.

Reactions: Sardonyq

Blocky

Forum Expert
Jun 3, 2017
Keep in mind that a shield can be bought on FFA's shop; putting a shop item to a kit would ruin it, it would be like putting a golden apple or a bow in a dia kit.
Samurai has protection 3 armor yet it is available in the shop.
Snipers have power 3 bows yet they are available in the shop.

Just because it's an shop item doesn't mean it shouldn't be added to an already existing kit.

The berserker kit now isn't really viable compared to other kits,
shields could help berserkers with countering hits when they themselves attack since they have to compensate for a longer cooldown.

Yes the kit has a knockback 1 sword but even with that you have to wait until the cooldown recharges when swapping weapons, you don't have time to swap between weapons in the middle of a fight.

Besides, you can always use different strategies in order to not get caught so easily by a sword. In my opinion, I believe other items / upgrades could be useful for this kit, rather than a shield that almost no-one uses.
Nobody uses shields in FFA because it's locked behind a "points paywall".
FFA players have shown to use certain not-so-populair weapons (bows, knockback swords and throwable potions) and made them meta weapons so why not give it a shot?

Vindicatør

Sep 29, 2020
the Woodland Mansion
minecraft.fandom.com
I don’t think it needs a shield tbh.
I think it needs a weapon and armor buff (plus shields are kinda broken in CubeCraft).
In berserker’s current state it is impossible to kill a decent beast or warrior kit user. The other kits, sometimes.
Maybe it should get a protection 1 diamond chestplate, protection 2 diamond leggings, protection 1 diamond boots, and a sharpness 1 diamond axe, and they should remove the sword.
I love using axes as a melee weapon, and maybe this could help.

res1237

Novice Member
Sep 1, 2018
I don’t think it needs a shield tbh.
I think it needs a weapon and armor buff (plus shields are kinda broken in CubeCraft).
In berserker’s current state it is impossible to kill a decent beast or warrior kit user. The other kits, sometimes.
Maybe it should get a protection 1 diamond chestplate, protection 2 diamond leggings, protection 1 diamond boots, and a sharpness 1 diamond axe, and they should remove the sword.
I love using axes as a melee weapon, and maybe this could help.

When I was using the kit it felt underwhelming. but adding protection will make the kit to overpowerd same for giving the axe sharp. if the kit gets a sharp 1 axe it wil do the same damage as a wizzard. the wizzard kit has the same amount of armour as a full iron without protection. So buffing the beserker kit (8.5 armour) with even more protection and giving sharp jsut makes it a stronger wizzard kit, and yes the wizzard kit has potions and the sword has a faster dps. but spawning in and immediately doing 10 damage (15 cirts) is to overpowerd.
Adding a shield will make it a bid overpowerd yes, but adding sharp and protection will make it more OP. So the shield is a better option to buff the kit, and the shield give the protection it needs and protects you while charging your axe.

When i play with the beserker kit I use s-taps and crits. with that technique its more easy to kill someone.

Reactions: Vindicatør

zMigi_

Jun 1, 2017
AmigoLand
zmigi.ca
Pronouns
They/Them
I think this is a great suggestions,
Even though I'm not an axe pvp'er
" And in axe pvp the shield is an important tool to use."
But like @res1237 said I've seen some decent axe players that use it a lot
and is honestly a good addition that doesn't make the kit too overpowered compared to the others

Hello,
I don't really think a shield would be a good implement into the berserker kit. Keep in mind that a shield can be bought on FFA's shop; putting a shop item to a kit would ruin it, it would be like putting a golden apple or a bow in a dia kit. Also, I suppose it is there for a reason.
You will be surprised the number of axe pvp'ers that would use this kit if it gets added

Reactions: res1237

Vindicatør

Sep 29, 2020
the Woodland Mansion
minecraft.fandom.com
You are right about the stats I wanted for it being a bit overpowered, but if berserker gets a shield, then archer kit would be useless.
Someone gets killed by an archer using anything other than berserker? They would probably go berserker and just raise their shield to block shots and kill them.

Reactions: res1237

rezlang

Novice Member
Aug 23, 2017
United States
I really like axe pvp, but it is much easier to be overwhelmed if you are fighting multiple people than it is with a sword. I think adding a shield would be a great way to combat that. I understand that you could just buy one from the shop, but I also believe that this kit is not as good as many of the others and a shield would be a good way to improve it without making it too powerful.

xNoCombo

Feb 26, 2021
At the moment i'm playing the berserker kit in ffa, and its fun to do. But the kit is a bit underwhelming. Most kits can get me in a combo because of the axe hit cool down.

So i was thinking what could the kit be missing, something to elevate the kit to the next level.
I looked in the shop, and there was it: a shield.

The shield, an underused item on the server. But with an shield the berserker kit would be complete. And in axe pvp the shield is an important tool to use.

View attachment 185817 (me with my shield, and in berserker kit)
to op

Nov 10, 2019
Netherlands
Shields would be to overpowerd because you can just block all the damage and you can inmediatly hit someone 2 hp off their health. also axe fighting itself can be pretty overpowered agains single opponents and adding a shield would make it impossible for the sword fighter. so that is why the kit shouldn't be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Top Bottom