Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone!

Today when I was playing Layer Spleef I got an idea. Currently there is a bug which sometimes makes other games like Paintball and Slime Survival pop up when using the 'play again' function in a featured game. Actually this was very fun to me, cause you are not playing the same game over and over again. I noticed that most of the featured games are arcade games. Before 'the big change' there used to be Mixed Arcade which was very fun, and in my opinion that is how the arcade games are intended to be played. They are all easy and small games which are great to be played one after another. This gave me a idea of how the featured games could be dealt with in the future.

Current Featured Games:
• Blockwars Core
• Blockwars CTF
• Battle Zone
• Solo Survival Games
• Team Survival Games
• Archer Assault
• Quakecraft (Arcade)
• Layer Spleef (Arcade)
• Wing Rush (Arcade)
• Line Dash (Arcade)
• Paintball (Arcade)
• Slime Survival (Arcade)

My Idea:

Mixed Arcade NPC:
My idea is to change the way the Featured Games work. The current featured games will get split up, making a new 'Mixed Arcade' NPC. This will function a bit like the old 'mixed arcade' gamemode. Barn Brawl, which got removed with 'The Big Change', will return here as well! In this gamemode you can play all Arcade Games in a random order. With this the ability to play just one Arcade game will be taken away, but this is not a big problem in my opinion. Of course a lot of players like to grind wins on a single arcade game, but I think it's overall fun to play all arcade games in a random order. If you really don't like one game you could always leave the game and join a new one!

BlockWars NPC:
With this BlockWars should also finally become a permanent gamemode. It has been suggested a lot to make a 'BlockWars NPC', which is the idea I fully support. In this NPC the current BlockWars CTF, BlockWars Core and BlockWars Bridges will be 'featured' for one week after eachother. For instance this week BlockWars CTF is featured, next week BlockWars Core is featured etc. The duration of this could also be shorter of course, it's just an idea! :)

Survival Games:
I also think it is a good moment to make Survival Games permanent again. Survival Games is a very popular gamemode among the featured games, and a lot of people are asking to make it permanent again. I'd love to see it permanent and I think Cubecraft currently has enough players to do so!
If Survival Games ends up not being as populair, it could always be returned to the featured games!

New Featured Games:
So now these other games are not featured anymore, we're left with Battle Zone and Archer Assault as the two remaining featured games. I'd suggest to add the removed Island Games (Bingo, Infection and TNT Trouble) to this. Maybe also games like UHC, Speed EggWars and Control Point could be added back! These gamemodes were also really awesome and original, and getting a chance to play them again would be great! To make place maybe Among Slimes could be made a featured game. It has decreased in popularity a lot lately and to make place for these changes maybe it's better to make it a featured game for now.
Another option could be to fully remove the Featured Games, this means Archer Assault and Battle Zone will also be removed. They are both 2 of the least popular featured games at the moment so I don't think it would be a bad thing to just remove them, but giving the other games I mentioned a new chance seems like a better idea to me!

So these are my idea's to change the featured games. Cubecraft's playerbase has expanded a lot the past year, and with this I think it is a great time to change the Featured Games system a bit and give some old games the chance to be brought back! This could be realised now, or maybe we should wait some time for the playerbase to grow a bit more just to make sure there are enough players to make all games fill up smoothly. It's just an idea of how the future of Cubecraft's gamemodes could be!

Let me know what you think about it!!

Last edited:

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I really enjoy the 'bug' where you play different featured games instead of playing one game all the time, since it adds some variation. Normally when I decide to play a featured games I only play a few games, since I get bored quite fast. I think this suggestion would solve this problem.

Of course a lot of players like to grind wins on a single arcade game, but I think it's overall fun to play all arcade games in a random order. If you really don't like one game you could always leave the game and join a new one!
I think this is a huge problem. Players who really enjoy one of the featured games would have to join 20 games before they're able to join their favourite gamemode. Because of this I think it could be a good idea to add something where you're able to choose which gamemode you want to play: for example a compass with the possibility to choose all gamemodes. (They could even make this a paid feature: higher ranks can decide more often which game they want to play then lower ranks.)

The 3 ideas you gave seems fine and reasonable for me. If survival games wouldn't receive enough players when it's a permanent gamemode it can always be included by the new featured games.

+1

Reactions: Maaarijn

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
I think this is a huge problem. Players who really enjoy one of the featured games would have to join 20 games before they're able to join their favourite gamemode. Because of this I think it could be a good idea to add something where you're able to choose which gamemode you want to play: for example a compass with the possibility to choose all gamemodes. (They could even make this a paid feature: higher ranks can decide more often which game they want to play then lower ranks.)
I agree that a lot of players will hate this, but I'm not sure about your idea. Maybe it could work kind of as how the map selection currently works for other gamemodes. It could however not be guaranteed that all gamemodes are available to be played at all times.
If survival games wouldn't receive enough players when it's a permanent gamemode it can always be included by the new featured games.
Exactly, I was thinking the same!

Reactions: ShinyArrow

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Not a good idea. That's is the exact reason why Mixed Arcade died. They split up the games so you could choose which one you'd play so the playerbase was spread and the separate games didn't get enough players.

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Not a good idea. That's is the exact reason why Mixed Arcade died. They split up the games so you could choose which one you'd play so the playerbase was spread and the separate games didn't get enough players.
That's true and I agree on that, however I think there will be players who want to play their favourite gamemode will not join, since no one wants to join 20 games before they can play their favourite gamemode I think.

What if there would be a limit of choices on a day, so you can play your favourite game but not all the time. I think this would solve this problem and would solve the problem of players searching their favourite gamemode as well.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i think the player base isnt really big enough to make different lobbies for each gamemode, but i'd love to see mixed back. this would also make sure every game gets people, or else people would never get the game they want.
i will just comment on the games i used to play and like, as im not too sure how every other game did/my memory is trash and i forgot about it x3

- i think BattleZone isnt too popular since it takes quite a while to finish a game, especially if people keep camping all the time, and something i've noticed is that people love quick games to grind wins in. its a shame honestly, because the concept itself is quite fun. its a shame to remove it because of this.
- Among slimes died for me personally because of all the trolling, its just frustrating to not be able to play a game without having a 'funny' person saying "its me! vote me out!" or when an imposter dies, betraying the other one too.
- Bingo used to be a lot of fun, but not a game to keep playing for hours. i think people would think its too slow, like most not pvp based games. but again, a fun and original idea for sure!
- BlockWars does seem quite popular and i think changing Blockwars Bridges, to a rotation for specifically blockwars minigames could be great.
- survival games.... i dont know honestly, i still have mixed feelings of how big it would be. it just needs an update which adds new maps maybe, it could make the game more interesting for some people.

i'd say keep the smaller minigames as a Mixed Arcade game, give blockwars gamemodes its own rotation, Survival games could be worth looking back into with feedback coming from a big player base, same goes for battlezone.

Critly

Forum Expert
May 23, 2018
Poland but live in Belgium
Hey!
I sometimes do Play featured games.
But I haven't come against that bug yet. Though, I have seen it in staff-help by a member. And also to me it looked really fun. I usually play only when my favorite gamemodes are featured. But if this will get it added it will be mix between featured games. And basically luck is your only hope for you're favorite gamemode?
I really support this
Good luck!
-OhCritly

TheGamerASD

Jan 23, 2021
I think that they should keep the regular featured games npc, but there should also be a random featured game npc. So if your favorite game isn't currently featured, you can play random featured games to get a chance to play it.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
I think that they should keep the regular featured games npc, but there should also be a random featured game npc. So if your favorite game isn't currently featured, you can play random featured games to get a chance to play it.
That makes no sense. The reason the featured games exist is because there aren't enough players to make all games seperately available. What would be the use of the featured games if you can just play them all whenever you want?

TheGamerASD

Jan 23, 2021
That makes no sense. The reason the featured games exist is because there aren't enough players to make all games seperately available. What would be the use of the featured games if you can just play them all whenever you want?
I meant that there should still be a featured game every 2 days, but also a mixed arcade mode that allows you to play random featured games.

D

Deleted member 347571

If you want to make an NPC made for blockwars then it will probably won't be played in the current state of the game but it is a very good idea for the future, i sadly don't agree with Survival Games since it is very unbalanced at the moment because some kits & weapons in the game are way to op. A mixed arcade could work if the staffteam makes a good system for it so yeah i think it could work but i'm not 100% sure, a lot of arcade players already said it was a bad idea.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
If you want to make an NPC made for blockwars then it will probably won't be played in the current state of the game but it is a very good idea for the future, i sadly don't agree with Survival Games since it is very unbalanced at the moment because some kits & weapons in the game are way to op. A mixed arcade could work if the staffteam makes a good system for it so yeah i think it could work but i'm not 100% sure, a lot of arcade players already said it was a bad idea.
Yeah Survival Games really needs a big update if it will get released as a permanent gamemode. It might indeed be a bit too early to make these changes, but it was more like an idea for how the future of the featured games could look like!

D

Deleted member 347571

Yeah Survival Games really needs a big update if it will get released as a permanent gamemode. It might indeed be a bit too early to make these changes, but it was more like an idea for how the future of the featured games could look like!
I would go take a look at Mineplex their Survival Games, it had over 10k players i think after it released and everyone played it because the kits and features in it were all unique compared to other servers, now nobody plays it anymore due of the amount of hackers it got in the game so it's a good idea of cube to take a look at it.

D

Deleted member 347571

I think the best idea is to make the npc that sends you to an arcade game ramdomly
The thing is, if you wouldn't like that game then people will just leave and keep rejoining until they find their favorite game, games will be dead and nobody would play it anymore.

Vindicatør

Sep 29, 2020
the Woodland Mansion
minecraft.fandom.com
Blockwars doesn’t have a big player base at all in any gamemode, so imo Blockwars Bridges should be a featured game as well. The Scout kit in survival games definitely does need some kind ofnerf. Maybe they should make it so that when you have speed 2 for the first 2 minutes, you should do 60% of damage. Screw the sword sweats who use it. And a mixed arcade does seem like a very good system!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on itsfadedaway's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Valyo_nepobedim's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Kazwa wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
happy birthday! :)
Kazwa wrote on Baploon's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Loskol's profile.
Pro parrot plays pro program
Top Bottom