Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think this should be implemented?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hey there, here's me again with a suggestion!

I'm pretty sure you know about the home page of these forums and its featured content section, where all updates get emphasised whenever you go to the forums. Anyhow, I think that might be my issue with this, as there's more content than just news threads and updates! I feel like noteworthy threads from any subforum should be featured in this section as well, so they get more attention from the community members if they might've missed it. This would also add a real purpose to the 'Most Featured Content' as currently, only staff members are on it.
I think this would be a new kind of motivation for people to write threads, while it couldn't really be 'farmed' because in my opinion, only members of staff should be able to decide on whether a thread is noteworthy enough to be featured.
Would love to hear your opinions on this, because I think this is definitely something that should be implemented, but do not know how you feel about this.

Have a nice evening,
~ Remmie

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
I don't like this. Don't get me wrong, I love any idea that involves motivating people to make amazing suggestions worthy of a recognition as big as this one, but I do feel like the main page should remain official to cubecraft content and cubecraft specific announcements. There are many other spotlights for good threads already, like The CubeCraft Times, Cynamoo's monthly recaps, the upcoming Best of 2020 thread, etc. The front page should remain official in terms of the information it provides. If a inexperienced user sees a suggestion thread they might think it's an update.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
I see elis point, but i disagree with him. The forums used to be about the community a lot more, but i feel as if this update has really almost tried to hide all of the community made threads. currently when you join the forums you see this
Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 1.45.31 PM.png

which i think is really disappointing, there is absolutely no way to even see community made threads if you dont know where to look. The forums has become so much more news based isntead of showing of what the community has to offer. This was my biggest complaint when i first saw the forums update, and it still is my biggest problem with it. I think this change would be amazing, once again highlighting the creativity of the community, instead of making the forums a news outlet. so this gets a big yes from me.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I don't like this. Don't get me wrong, I love any idea that involves motivating people to make amazing suggestions worthy of a recognition as big as this one, but I do feel like the main page should remain official to cubecraft content and cubecraft specific announcements. There are many other spotlights for good threads already, like The CubeCraft Times, Cynamoo's monthly recaps, the upcoming Best of 2020 thread, etc. The front page should remain official in terms of the information it provides. If a inexperienced user sees a suggestion thread they might think it's an update.
I get what you mean, talking about inexperienced users, but this might be a 'habit' we could break? As long as normal threads keep getting featured, I guess having normal threads in that page would get normal for inexperienced users too.
About other spotlights: I kind of agree with you but note that Cynamooo hasn't released a recap in ages (if I am not mistaken), the Best of 2020 is an annual thread and definitely doesn't cover all good threads, and I am pretty sure it's not everybody who reads the times. I guess having another place where threads could be highlighted wouldn't be a bad thing (imo)

Reactions: Gregeyy
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Is the status same as the profile post I am kinda noon at this forums stuff
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday
Mintypie231 wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!!🍰🥳
This is YOUR daily doe of facts #57-
The shortest war in recorded history took place between Britain and the Sultanate of Zanzibar on August 27, 1896. It lasted just 38 minutes.
insane forceshadowing.PNG

Proof I can predict the future~
i thought 1.21 was the trails and tales update wtf i'm so out of the loop
Top Bottom