Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which kind of players bother you a lot in game? Feel free to discuss it in the comments.

• Total voters

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
I'm going to ask a question that a lot of players will probably have something to say about. Which kinds of players do you feel bothered by? Before I mention any of my experiences, I'd like to say that this isn't a post out of spite, in fact, I haven't had a bad match in a long time now, and I'm truly thankful. Please do concern yourselves with keeping the comment section lighthearted and remember that cursing on the forums is not permitted. I do realize that this post is likely to have edgy remarks. If you're feeling like you just came from a bad match, I'd recommend waiting a bit before posting here.

I'm ymbmg95 in-game, 4th most wins, 2nd most summons, victor of well over 1000 matches and many more to come. I'm here today to share with you some of my experiences in-game with players. Contrary to what you might expect, not every word in this post will be negative. I'm actually posting this as a request from someone, and I... think I remember who requested it, but honestly, I'm not completely sure. I have it narrowed down to three players. Anyways, let me get started.

As of the time between when I started playing Tower Defense and now, I've had three different skins on my character. A normal Steve skin, a different skin that I tried for a few hours one day, and my current one, which is a customized Steve skin that was made by a friend. I was in a match one day, without my team, and there was chat about the placement of a particular tower. I went to add my input to the conversation and recommend that the tower be placed up front somewhere. I believe we were talking about sorcerer towers, but this was a few months ago. I recall the player saying something along the lines of "shut up, you're a Steve... what would you know?" just before disregarding all of my words thereafter. It honestly cracked me up right away, because I had expected to see a message like that, but hadn't had one before then. I probably had around 400 wins, so by then I just figured I wouldn't see a message like that, and as soon as I stopped expecting it... there it was. I laughed it off in the lobby with some friends shortly after the match.

There was also another match where I was in-game and someone said he wanted to place necromancer towers on hillside. I was defense and I immediately tossed up some archer towers to save the places for him. My friend had been talking to the guy and so i didn't interrupt to say why I placed the archer towers there. He immediately noticed and said "ymbmg95 this just won't do" or something like that. My friend's hysterically laughing at this point, because we all knew what he was thinking. So I said "shhh i got this", "i know", and then "i placed them there for you" one message after the other. He proceeded to say something else like "Could you not put space between the archer towers?" right before I said "I'm not just some random Steve that places badly, those towers happen to be there to save spots for you.". After he learned that, he was like "oh! alright lol" and then he told me that he was thinking just what I said. He thought I was some player just taking his spot. Most players don't think highly of Steve skinned players. I've even once jokingly said "please, my skin was made by Notch himself, can you say that about your skin?".

So that's it for my Steve skin stories for now. I'm going to tell you about some of my unfortunate experiences with players, because we've all had them. There was this one match where it was my friend, myself, and one other player. I was going to offense, while my teammate was going to take defense. However, we ran into another problem that neither of us had thought about. Our other teammate had decided to place level one archer towers everywhere that she saw fit, and that happened to be the majority of hillside. It ended up being so bad, that mobs like skeletons were actually an issue. We ended up losing that match to something a bit ridiculous. We tried to talk to her, but she didn't reply. You may be asking yourself "Why didn't you both votekick her?" and my answer would be "We did, but two votes are never enough, even when there are only three players.". For those of you that don't know, you can use /votekick [player] to start a poll vote to kick the player whose username you typed in for your team specifically. The other team cannot vote to kick the players on your team, and believe it or not, the person that started the poll must also vote. You vote by typing "/votekick no" or "/votekick yes" and you can change your vote. You must have the entirety of your team vote yes in order to kick someone. That means that if just one player votes no, or simply doesn't vote, then you can't kick the player.

There was a match where a team of mine went up against another one of my teammates. We had a good amount of capable players on our team, but things took a nosedive. My friend that was going to go offense didn't want to send blazes at the one minute mark, but rather, save up and send an even crazier offense. One of our other teammates had taken defense, and set up a lot of artillery up front, with a few sorcerer towers and potions ready. I had placed five necromancer towers myself, and went for potions as well. While you'd think we'd be enough to handle whatever they sent at us, you'd be wrong. Another one of our teammates had went for 25 coins per second, but then went afk for the whole match afterwards! So all of the mobs that she had sent had given the other team loads of coins, and she didn't even use her coins on defense or offense. That match was the reason that I posted "AFK teammates.... moving on." in the second part of my guide. Our other player on our team didn't see fit to worry about what they sent at us. A friend on the other team ended up sending five giants at once, right around the time that the wither spawned in. My friend and I killed all five of the giants, but the mobs that came out of the giants took us out afterwards. Even pro players lose when most of the teammates on the team aren't proactively defending. That was the only match between part one and part two of my guide that I had lost. The guy on offense claimed to have had 30,000 some coins, and felt bad for not stepping in.

Well, I've shared just a few of my stories with you. Don't feel too shy, go ahead and tell us some of yours too. I team with my friends so often, that it's been awhile since I've even tried soloing; So if you feel like you want to discuss some experiences in-game, feel free to in the comments. Just remember not to be too aggressive. I'm also going to leave a poll vote to see which types of players aren't appreciated.

P.S. Part five of my guide will be coming out. I apologize for being a bit late on it. (My guide posts are about 2 weeks apart, and I've tried to keep decreasing the time between each post.) I have the key points strung together, a screenshot or two ready, and the entire thing's practically in my head... just waiting to be typed out. However, I'm missing a crucial screenshot that I absolutely want to have on hand before I post part five. There's been some pressure to move up on the leader-boards recently, and so I've been devoting a lot of time to that, rather than working on getting that last screenshot. I have worked on it, but I keep my leader-board position as a means to hold credibility for my guide. In my eyes, to let myself be taken off of the leader-boards is to discredit my guide a bit. I want my newer readers to feel that I've experience and a lot of thought behind my work. So by working on my wins, I feel I'm still keeping up on things, just not the way I'd like to keep up on things.

Reactions: hyena3000
Nov 10, 2016
People are really annoying when they try to prevent there team from winning or they are noobs who don't know what they are doing.

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
Just wondering, if the 2nd part of the 3rd paragraph was about when we had a match a few days ago on the same team? when I went afk because I had to go to dinner. If it is I'm sorry about that, I shouldn't have gone afk in the match, it was a terrible mistake for me to do that or i should have a least put "Brb dinner" instead of just "brb". About the mob thing, I wast thinking about the possible abilty of giving the other team coins at the time, I made quite a few mistakes in that round of which I am truely sorry for.
No, it wasn't that match. The match I was talking about happened before I posted part two of my guide. We didn't meet until around the time I uploaded part four. The match was between August 29, 2016, and September 19, 2016. I should've also mentioned that this player went afk mid-match regularly, but this time it costed us the match. I have posted about going afk in part two though. It's not good if you're looking to keep peace between your teammates.

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
People are really annoying when they try to prevent there team from winning or they are noobs who don't know what they are doing.
I agree with you. I've seen quite a few matches with players that aren't familiar with the game, but I find the players that don't care to learn to be far worse.

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
There may be some thought-provoking comments on here. I don't intend to cause an uproar, but I do intend to bring light to things that other players don't appreciate. Please tread lightly and carefully when posting here. Just as with all of my other posts, this one is to get you to think about or reflect on your game-play, and to make the community a better place by improving our actions in-game. Overall, this is meant to contain stories of games that you think could've gone better or just talk about which types of players you don't like teaming with.

Last edited:

hyena3000

Sep 24, 2015
I find mutes that misplace and stack are by far the worst (when not able to votekick them). As long as they misplace and stack at non-strategic places I don't bother much. I just think they are small kids and don't have a problem giving them a free win. But at some turns and near spawn and especially near the castle wrong placement is a game changer (Hello Portals!).

I find coin stealing also annoying in case I place a mage on a cave spider destroying place and some ***** places a mage near it. I don't mind playing a game only with my goldmine, not even helping in those cases defend against creepers and endermites, while killing my goldmine efficiency. I do mind though when the guy/girl defending has no clue what to do with the towercoins.

Playing with random players gives a bit more excitement than when you know you back is covered. I always try to find out if there's at least 1 player who knows the basics and to coordinate play. But also inexperienced players that are willing to communicate can be very helpful. Even players that place wrong and stack can be useful in some cases. I've also won games in teams where we were insulting and trying to votekick each other(s) (which can be entertainment on its own), because we all were willing to win. The games I lose most with randoms are the games where opponent has 2 or 3 players working together using potions on my (team's) attack, are at the same time attacking supported by potions and I lack someone else in my team using freeze or speed (on some maps you still have a chance).

Some selfreflection. I think some players experience with me are:
- too much (trash?) talking. Sometimes I'm the only one talking the whole game
- stealing coins and not investing them in defense (watch out when I say 'just cross your fingers' and remember, I do it because I want to win)
- though not a pro, I also manage to disappoint teammates by not being ready

Reactions: betty's oldies
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom