Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

BesottedPotato

Novice Member
Oct 14, 2020
The Void
Heyo! As you may already know, the end update for Skyblock has been scrapped and will not be worked on for the time being. The reason provided is understandable, but as someone who has completed all the current quests available, this is disheartening since it leaves less motivation/reason to continue playing once the current quests have been completed.

Numerous other skyblock players are in the same position and feel the same about the situation. So I'm suggesting that CubeCraft adds daily/weekly quests to Skyblock.

Description of how it would work:

• Each profile (meaning coop worlds would share these quests) would have 3 daily quests and 3 weekly quests
  • The weekly quests would be more challenging than daily quests
  • There would be an easy, medium, and hard difficulty for each set of quests
  • In the beginning, all daily/weekly quests would be locked
  • Progressing through skyblock would unlock daily/weekly quests as followed
    • Unlocking the desert (5th island) would unlock the easy daily quest and the easy weekly quest.
    • Completing VIOLENT ENDS (the final overworld quest) would unlock the medium daily quest and medium weekly quest.
    • Completing NETHERMANCER (the final nether quest) would unlock the hard daily quest and hard weekly quest.
  • The rewards for the quest would be coins and CubeCraft level experience, and the amount would be based on the difficulty of the quest. (More info on the CC level experience later)

What would be added to the game:

• A variety of different quests, for example:
    • Mine X amount of *an ore type*
    • Harvest X amount of *a crop type*
    • Harvest X amount of *a log type*
    • Kill X amount of *a mob*
    • Craft X amount of *a craftable item*
    • (X would vary based on the difficulty of the quest)

• A new tab for daily/weekly quests
    • This can be a subsection of the main quest menu, so it doesn't clutter the skyblock menu
    • Another option would be combining the daily/weekly quests along with normal quests, but I would assume having 5 different colors for quests would be annoying to remember which color is for which quest type.

• A new NPC in the skyblock hub next to the Adventurer.
    • The Adventurer (who is the current NPC), would remain the same
    • The new NPC would only show daily/weekly quests, along with the time left to complete the quest

• More Skyblock game statistics:
    • Daily Quests Completed
    • Weekly Quests Completed
    • These would go in between "Blocks walked" and "Time Played".

Other Notes:

• As far as I'm aware, you cannot earn any experience for your CubeCraft Level through Skyblock. It's not a major issue, since your Cubecraft level doesn't give any perks or rewards, but it would still be nice to increase it by playing skyblock, especially if CubeCraft does decide to add rewards for this in the future. The amount of XP would be as follows:
    • Easy daily quest: 100 XP
    • Medium daily quest: 200 XP
    • Hard daily quest: 300 XP
    • Easy weekly quest: 500 XP
    • Medium weekly quest: 1000 XP
    • Hard weekly quest: 1500 XP
    • The CubeCraft staff could always alter this based on what seems balanced

• The reason provided for the end update being scrapped was "Skyblock is a very difficult and lengthy game to update, we aren't currently in a good position to give it the update that it needs." However, I don't think adding repetitive and generic quests would require as many resources as developing a huge update.
  • CubeCraft has also shown they are capable of adding daily and weekly timers, since the featured items in skywars refresh weekly.

• This was written from a bedrock POV, so if there is something that is different in java, (or if I'm just wrong about something in general), please let me know and I will correct it as soon as I can :)

• Finally, please react with the :agree: if you agree, 25 agree reactions will mean that the CubeCraft staff team will review the thread.
😀

Minecraft 2022-07-27 18-02-11.png

The subsection for daily/weekly quests would be accessed by a button at the top of the standard quest list

Minecraft 2022-07-27 17-40-52.png

There would be another NPC added here for daily/weekly quests

Minecraft 2022-07-27 17-40-22.png

Doing daily/weekly quests would reward players with Experience (The one on the 2nd row, not VIP Experience)

Last edited:

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance Member
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Great suggestion!
Though I’m unsure about the xp reward amount. Currently Java already has daily challenges so I’m of the opinion the reward should be comparable to this.

Would these daily/weekly quests also give a reward within skyblock?

Some more fun ideas for quests imo would be:
- Enchanter: Gain x levels
- Runner: Run x amount of blocks
- Money spender: Spend x amount of money
- Just checking in: play each day for x amount of time for the entire week

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Skyblock is the 4th most played game on Cubecraft and it needs a little bit of love added to it; this would be perfect! :agree:

Joe🍩

Jul 6, 2021
Future
Yes,Honestly the currently Skyblock was very boring because i belive most of people already completed all the quest.
if this got added , i think i will play skyblock again:grass::heart::grass:

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Heyo! As you may already know, the end update for Skyblock has been scrapped and will not be worked on for the time being. The reason provided is understandable, but as someone who has completed all the current quests available, this is disheartening since it leaves less motivation/reason to continue playing once the current quests have been completed.

Numerous other skyblock players are in the same position and feel the same about the situation. So I'm suggesting that CubeCraft adds daily/weekly quests to Skyblock.

Description of how it would work:

• Each profile (meaning coop worlds would share these quests) would have 3 daily quests and 3 weekly quests
  • The weekly quests would be more challenging than daily quests
  • There would be an easy, medium, and hard difficulty for each set of quests
  • In the beginning, all daily/weekly quests would be locked
  • Progressing through skyblock would unlock daily/weekly quests as followed
    • Unlocking the desert (5th island) would unlock the easy daily quest and the easy weekly quest.
    • Completing VIOLENT ENDS (the final overworld quest) would unlock the medium daily quest and medium weekly quest.
    • Completing NETHERMANCER (the final nether quest) would unlock the hard daily quest and hard weekly quest.
  • The rewards for the quest would be coins and CubeCraft level experience, and the amount would be based on the difficulty of the quest. (More info on the CC level experience later)

What would be added to the game:

• A variety of different quests, for example:
    • Mine X amount of *an ore type*
    • Harvest X amount of *a crop type*
    • Harvest X amount of *a log type*
    • Kill X amount of *a mob*
    • Craft X amount of *a craftable item*
    • (X would vary based on the difficulty of the quest)

• A new tab for daily/weekly quests
    • This can be a subsection of the main quest menu, so it doesn't clutter the skyblock menu
    • Another option would be combining the daily/weekly quests along with normal quests, but I would assume having 5 different colors for quests would be annoying to remember which color is for which quest type.

• A new NPC in the skyblock hub next to the Adventurer.
    • The Adventurer (who is the current NPC), would remain the same
    • The new NPC would only show daily/weekly quests, along with the time left to complete the quest

• More Skyblock game statistics:
    • Daily Quests Completed
    • Weekly Quests Completed
    • These would go in between "Blocks walked" and "Time Played".

Other Notes:

• As far as I'm aware, you cannot earn any experience for your CubeCraft Level. It's not a major issue, since your Cubecraft level doesn't give any perks or rewards, but it would still be nice to increase it by playing skyblock, especially if CubeCraft does decide to add rewards for this in the future. The amount of XP would be as follows:
    • Easy daily quest: 100 XP
    • Medium daily quest: 200 XP
    • Hard daily quest: 300 XP
    • Easy weekly quest: 500 XP
    • Medium weekly quest: 1000 XP
    • Hard weekly quest: 1500 XP
    • The CubeCraft staff could always alter this based on what seems balanced

• The reason provided for the end update being scrapped was "Skyblock is a very difficult and lengthy game to update, we aren't currently in a good position to give it the update that it needs." However, I don't think adding repetitive and generic quests wouldn't require as many resources as developing a huge update.
  • CubeCraft has also shown they are capable of adding daily and weekly timers, since the featured items in skywars refresh weekly.

• This was written from a bedrock POV, so if there is something that is different in java, (or if I'm just wrong about something in general), please let me know and I will correct it as soon as I can :)

• Finally, please react with the :agree: if you agree, 25 agree reactions will mean that the CubeCraft staff team will review the thread.
😀

View attachment 213455

The subsection for daily/weekly quests would be accessed by a button at the top of the standard quest list

View attachment 213454

There would be another NPC added here for daily/weekly quests

View attachment 213453

Doing daily/weekly quests would reward players with Experience (The one on the 2nd row, not VIP Experience)
Great suggestion to add more content and things to do for endgame players.

BesottedPotato

Novice Member
Oct 14, 2020
The Void
Great suggestion!
Though I’m unsure about the xp reward amount. Currently Java already has daily challenges so I’m of the opinion the reward should be comparable to this.

Would these daily/weekly quests also give a reward within skyblock?

Some more fun ideas for quests imo would be:
- Enchanter: Gain x levels
- Runner: Run x amount of blocks
- Money spender: Spend x amount of money
- Just checking in: play each day for x amount of time for the entire week
Yep, doing daily/weekly quests would give Skyblock coins to the person who claims the reward. The number of coins earned would be bigger for more challenging quests.

Maybe something along the lines of:
Easy Daily: 1,000
Medium Daily: 10,000
Hard Daily: 100,000
Easy Weekly: 5,000
Medium Weekly: 50,000
Hard Weekly: 500,000

Great suggestion although if this get implemented they should Nerf the xp reward though because 1500 for weekly hard is too much.
:agree:
I picked 1500 because
  1. You can earn the same amount of XP (or more) in a week if you are playing other games on the CubeCraft Network.
  2. The weekly hard quest would be pretty challenging, so it would still take some dedication and time to earn the reward.
But I'm open to other ideas :), what do you think would be a reasonable amount?

Reactions: FoxFil_

Iridinox

Jun 11, 2022
Stardew Valley
Pronouns
He/Him
Honestly, I think 1500 is way too little xp for a weekly quest. If a lot of skilled players can get the equivalent of that amount of exp in an hour by playing eggwars, skywars, or blockwars it should definitely be increased. Personally I would change it to this:

Easy Daily: 500
Medium Daily: 1000
Hard daily: 1500
Easy Weekly: 2000
Medium weekly: 3000
Hard weekly: 5000

However, if there were multiple easy/medium/hard daily quests a day and multiple easy/medium/hard weekly quests a week, which I think there should be since some players are probably going to get bored if they are already really efficient and some less efficient players will want to grind as much as they can to get more efficient, I would change exp gain to:

Easy Daily: 300
Medium Daily: 500
Hard Daily: 1000
Easy weekly: 1500
Medium Weekly: 2000
Hard Weekly: 2500

I also agree with adding skyblock coins and/or bottles of enchanting as rewards, but I’m not sure how many would be appropriate as it‘s probably going to be too little for some players and too much for some players.

Finally, I feel like the unlock requirements are too far into the game. If you’ve already finished the last nether/overworld quest, what good will coins and other in-game rewards do for you? I personally think the three thresholds should be changed to Jungle Island, Savannah Island, and the final quest of the overworld. I didn’t include any nether islands as in the current system suggested it would be possible to unlock hard quests before medium quests, which wouldn’t make sense. Of course, the last one I suggested could also be replaced by a nether island or quest if the medium quests were unlocked by the Savannah island (the first island where nether access is possible).

Thanks for reading this!

BesottedPotato

Novice Member
Oct 14, 2020
The Void
So this question is directed more towards staff, but for those of you who don't know, the suggestions system was recently changed. So this suggestion is no longer forwarded and there is a fair chance it won't be viewed by staff for it to be considered.

What will happen in the future to this suggestion?

Since the end update was canceled recently, this was a last chance to get some endgame content. It would be pretty disheartening if it got swept under the rug with no consideration, especially since the post reached nearly 40 positive reactions.

Sorry if this comes off as negative, that wasn't my intent. But any information would be very appreciated :)

Kualdir

Novice Member
Jan 1, 2022
Belgium
So this question is directed more towards staff, but for those of you who don't know, the suggestions system was recently changed. So this suggestion is no longer forwarded and there is a fair chance it won't be viewed by staff for it to be considered.

What will happen in the future to this suggestion?

Since the end update was canceled recently, this was a last chance to get some endgame content. It would be pretty disheartening if it got swept under the rug with no consideration, especially since the post reached nearly 40 positive reactions.

Sorry if this comes off as negative, that wasn't my intent. But any information would be very appreciated :)
Staff still browse the section and read the posts, maybe this post can influence a smaller update to skyblock just adding these quests and nothing else. Which would be better than no updates anymore in my opinion😛

Reactions: josepadgui

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Staff still browse the section and read the posts, maybe this post can influence a smaller update to skyblock just adding these quests and nothing else. Which would be better than no updates anymore in my opinion😛
Yeah, I hope they finally add these quests so endgame players have more things to do to prevent them from leaving the gamemode.

Reactions: Kualdir
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom