• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Alright I'll start off with my opinion. Enderpearls are an overpowered weapon in general minecraft either way, nevermind PvP. It's a feature for the Overpowered, and not for normal, if it was on Normal as well as OP, there'll be no use for OP much more. You may say they're expensive, but after a few runs of mid and diamonds upgraded, it's not that hard to get a few amount of diamonds especially if it's teamed.

Alright, I've gotten past campers so many times, it's not impossible. It just requires skill and knowledge, it's their "skill" to camp if they want to, you've just got to make your way to get to their island destroy their egg and kill them as well, It may be hard but it can be done.

As stated above, it'll remove the "OP" aspect of enderpearls in overall PvP. It's just like Skywars, it needs to be laid out seperately from all gamemodes and set in it's original and suitable gamemode - OverPowered.

It is still possible to create a well-confined bridge over to their island and destroy the egg. I've seen it before, and I've seen my own team do it too.

This has nothing to do with enderpearls, this can be done in any, it just requires your skill to make it over to their island without being shot off or killed - you can also bring extra armour.

As said above, everything is possible with skill and knowledge, I do agree that using a shield in this instance would be hard. But it is possible.

I'm unsure about this one, it depends on their skill and defence - if it isn't good, you make be lucky enough to knock them off - but in most circumstances that's rare (Don't use a bow? ;))

Alright, reporting them is quite known actually, I've seen a variety of people talking about reporting. Whether the punishment is minimum at least they are still being punished for their wrong and will be added to their record. If they say it's not punishable, then it's just their fault.

Exactly, overpowered is entirely different from normal mode, adding enderpearls to normal mode will not make it much "normal" anymore, it's just have a spit of overpowered into it.

I'll agree that camping isn't very strategic at all, and could be ruining the game a little. However, it's their strategy to camp their egg and protect it - the aim of the game. Now you just have to use your strategy to get to their island destroy their egg and kill them. What's more important, killing them or destroying the egg?

I totally agree with this, but if you have a team of friends, you usally have a plan some sort of way - well we always do anyway @Wintrie

Okay, I take everything you've said into consideration. I completely agree that camping is bad. The arguments we make do make sense - it's our opinion either way at the end of the day. Enderpearls are stated as an "OP" item in minecraft, hence why it's in the overpowered section of eggwars - I see no reason to add them, after a good amount of minutes the whole team could have enderpearls. I believe majority of people would dislike the enderpearls being added. You may say I'm wrong altogether, but at everyone has a right to give their opinion, just as I am stating mine. I appreicate your determination and courage for your points. However, allow people to give their opions without saying it makes no sense as for it's an open suggestion. I can see some of your points clear and correct what you are saying, but I am sort of sticking to my point, it just doesn't work or would seem right to have an 'OP' item in normal from and 'OP' gamemode.

Let's remember that if you want enderpearls, you can vote for OP. I see Normal as a gamemode to be able to chill - create strats and organize your team to destroy others and their eggs. I've never seem to find a problem with campers myself, myself and other people I team with have always found a way to destroy their egg when getting to their island with both bridge and defence. This is exactly what I stated before too, use your own skills and knowledge to organise your team to use their skill to get to the island and destroy the egg.

Overall, I'm leaving my opinion as it stands. Thanks for your opinion and reply,

Regards,
Jackelele xo
"It's hard but it's possible"
Yes, this is true. Even in situations like my picture I posted above it's possible to win. I've done it before, However, that's not the point.
The point is that in the end of the day, even when it's possible to win over them, campers are still ruining Eggwars, and something needs to be done about it. Whether it by adding enderpreals, something else, making shields cheaper, it doesn't matter, as long as something is done about them.

#getbarbecued

Jun 25, 2016
For what it's worth, you physically can't build build high enough to not get shot.

But campers aren't actually that hard to beat, just time consuming and annoying. Yes they're a cancer to the game, but they're a part of the game and you just have to deal with it.
that's if you're not very skilled.

Jackelele

Apr 14, 2017
United Kingdom
jackelele.co.uk
"It's hard but it's possible"
Yes, this is true. Even in situations like my picture I posted above it's possible to win. I've done it before, However, that's not the point.
The point is that in the end of the day, even when it's possible to win over them, campers are still ruining Eggwars, and something needs to be done about it. Whether it by adding enderpreals, something else, making shields cheaper, it doesn't matter, as long as something is done about them.

You're still going to get campers either way or another, enderpearls aren't going to get rid of them completely or even at all.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Alright, I've gotten past campers so many times, it's not impossible. It just requires skill and knowledge, it's their "skill" to camp if they want to, you've just got to make your way to get to their island destroy their egg and kill them as well, It may be hard but it can be done.

Ok so first of all, IMO it shouldn't require skill and knowledge to kill a camper because they appear in every game. Camping is currently the most OP and POPULAR game plan of all time. And I think we can both agree it needs to be nerfed.

As stated above, it'll remove the "OP" aspect of enderpearls in overall PvP. It's just like Skywars, it needs to be laid out seperately from all gamemodes and set in it's original and suitable gamemode - OverPowered.

The statement that ender pearls are OP is completely opinion based. You see they are in the OP mode because its the DEVS opinion that they are OP which many people like me disagree with. IMO, anything that can counter campers should be in all gamemodes.

It is still possible to create a well-confined bridge over to their island and destroy the egg. I've seen it before, and I've seen my own team do it too.

Yes but not everyone has the time to spend an extra 30 minutes building a bridge over to an island. Don't tell me that is laziness because first of all, its lazy to cam. And second of all, we just don't have the time to spend 30 minutes because we will be late for something irl.

it just requires your skill to make it over to their island without being shot off or killed

I honestly don't have a good response to this "you need skill to kill a camper".

As said above, everything is possible with skill and knowledge, I do agree that using a shield in this instance would be hard. But it is possible.

You can't use the argument "everything is possible with skill and knowledge" you need more material and not that same argument over and over.

I'm unsure about this one, it depends on their skill and defence - if it isn't good, you make be lucky enough to knock them off - but in most circumstances that's rare (Don't use a bow? ;))

Ok so luck should not be a factor in any of this and if you don't use a bow what do you use? I have the perfect solution, an ender pearl.

Alright, reporting them is quite known actually, I've seen a variety of people talking about reporting. Whether the punishment is minimum at least they are still being punished for their wrong and will be added to their record. If they say it's not punishable, then it's just their fault.

Im gonna re-state what KronosReeper said, they campers being banned just appeal and do it again. Also, the ban or warning comes too late.

Exactly, overpowered is entirely different from normal mode, adding enderpearls to normal mode will not make it much "normal" anymore, it's just have a spit of overpowered into it.

Once again, IMO anything that counters camping should be in every mode and classified as a normal item. It should be classified a normal item because it counters a normal plan (Im not calling it a strategy because it doesn't follow the definition very well.).

I'll agree that camping isn't very strategic at all, and could be ruining the game a little. However, it's their strategy to camp their egg and protect it - the aim of the game. Now you just have to use your strategy to get to their island destroy their egg and kill them. What's more important, killing them or destroying the egg?

Ok you just said its "not very strategic at all" and then said "its their strategy" which doesn't make sense. Also, its super difficult to find a strategy to kill campers when there's nothing really to counter them with.

@Wintrie

So I have made my text RED so that you can tell which words are from me and which words are from you.

noobisbeast

Novice Member
May 17, 2017
You know your totally right, but thats not the goal here the goal is to find a way to counter campers not get rid of them.

Exactly this. We'll never get rid of the campers in any way, but we can get to them by using an enderpearl, again, if it's really necessary. Nobody is gonna wait a long time to get an enderpearl just for fun if it's really expensive.

Reactions: 0ffense

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I didn't read the whole thread because it is just going back and forth over and over again, what I want to suggest is that maybe after teleporting with an ended pearl you lose half your health, get bad debuffs, enemy gets notified where the ep will land or make the enderpearls distance reduce.

alltop10

Aug 23, 2016
I wouldn't mind enderpearls in normal mode. The amount of times that I have run into campers that keep using tnt on the safe bridge I am building is getting annoying. However, hardcore mode is hardcore mode for a reason. It is not supposed to be easy. Also in hardcore, there are no punch bows, which make it extremely hard to camp efficiently. So, enderpearls should be in normal mode but not hardcore mode. Since enderpearls are 64 diamonds in OP mode, I don't know if this would be possible but they should be either one and a half stacks of diamonds or two stacks of diamonds.

RowiMwoan

Aug 19, 2017
Hi,

I think it would be great for everyone if you can buy enderpearls in every gamemode on some maps (maybe only on the maps where you can get Emerald?). Maps like Under Da Sea are amazing but they get really annoying when people are camping on their island and when you're trying to build a bridge, they'll shoot a million arrows on you with their punch bow. A perfect solution for this is an ender pearl. Even if it costs a lot of Emerald in normal mode...it can prevent camping. Who thinks this would be nice?
Why it ist not funny!

Reactions: remio
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy eggday
Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈