Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I tried to play a bit with the No Debuff duel kit in the past days. I am still not completely sure how useful the potions are compared to just eating the steak, but that's not my point here. I actually had two really fun fights in random duels, both were really close and took about 7 minutes. But in general I have two problems with this kit.

1. Using an enderpearl sets yourself as your last damager. I know this is a vanilla minecraft mechanic, but I think it should be changed for PvP minigames. Naturally, when people get low they use a pearl to get away and heal up. Often it's too late and they accidentially kill themselves. I think the other player should get credit for that kill. This is only a small thing but in combination with longer fights and more combat loggers it might keep players that want to get on the duels leaderboard from playing op duels. In my opinion it should also be changed in survival games.

2. People use the pearls to avoid fighting. I have seen many players that try to get on platforms that are difficult to access and then try to hit you off as soon as you get there. I am perfectly fine with players backing off from a fight in order to heal themselves or organize their inventory. But this strategy only banks on the fact that their opponent wants to end the game while they don't. In my opinion this form of camping and should not be allowed, because it's annoying for people that actually want to fight. Similar to this is building upwards with the blocks in the eggwars kits, although that would be easier to fix by changing the maximum building height to about 5 blocks. You could argue that this is part of the difficulty of the game and a valid strategy, but I think in that case it would be necessary to divide the pvp community ba adding another queue for people that just want to fight, possibly only accessible after getting a certain amount of wins.

For those that don't play with that kit on random duels, this it what it looks like:
Players killing themselves with an enderpearl at 1:36, 3:00, 3:54, 9:00, 10:10, 10:45, 11:24
Players using the pearl to avoid fighting by teleporting on top obstacles at 0:00, 1:02, 1:13, 1:30, 6:55, 7:30, 8:32

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
I pretend to be AFK so they get bored, come down, and hopefully I'll be able to keep them from pearling away again. However, this isn't very fun and I agree that changing it so that can no longer be performed would be great.

Quake_02

Novice Member
Apr 22, 2017
yeah, agree epeals are just there sooo people are running away. But i am affraid that it will not happen

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
yeah, agree epeals are just there sooo people are running away. But i am affraid that it will not happen
I think they can be used legitimately. You can use them to back up, drink a potion, eat a steak and then continue fighting. And you can use them to get to your opponent while they are eating or running away. I only dislike people using them to get on top of obstacles to avoid fighting at all.

Reactions: Quake_02

Quake_02

Novice Member
Apr 22, 2017
I think they can be used legitimately. You can use them to back up, drink a potion, eat a steak and then continue fighting. And you can use them to get to your opponent while they are eating or running away. I only dislike people using them to get on top of obstacles to avoid fighting at all.
lol yeah i do that sometimes

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Top Bottom