Status
Not open for further replies.

Naitzirch

Nov 12, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
The Problem
Skyblock's enchantment mechanics are currently unclear. This makes it difficult to research what the best combination of enchantments would be.
For example, the protection enchantment's description tells you it increases melee damage resistance
(in contrast to vanilla where it protects against all sources), but by how much? What does each level of enchantment actually do? To what damage sources specifically?

39385P1s20ZAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

For vanilla minecraft this is all clear and you can easily look it up at

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Armor#Enchantments for example and calculate what would give you the best protection to most sources. Or a different wiki page for tools.
Though, for Cubecraft it is near impossible to find out what would give you the best damage reduction.
That's why I would like Cubecraft to reveal how their enchanting works exactly.

The Solution
I would say the solution is to post a new thread explaning their custom enchantment mechanics. This would not take a lot of time I assume and it would really benefit the players.

Thank you for reading :)

Luukk

Nov 20, 2015
A tower in TowerDefence
I think this a great idea! Maybe take the honor yourself :p
I should consider posting this thread on the suggestions subforum. More people will take a look at it and maybe a more experienced player will create an enchantment guide for you.

Reactions: Naitzirch

Naitzirch

Nov 12, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I think this a great idea! Maybe take the honor yourself :p
I should consider posting this thread on the suggestions subforum. More people will take a look at it and maybe a more experienced player will create an enchantment guide for you.
Well I do know how the act of enchanting in Skyblock works, it's that it's unknown what these enchantments do exactly.
So I'm not asking for an enchanting guide, but for the game's meta about enchanting which can only be provided by the staff.
Thank you for taking your time to think about it though! :)

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I think this should certainly be done. Players could finally choose the right enchantments instead of hoping it will work how they want to.
Not only for armour enchantments, but for all of course!

Reactions: Naitzirch

driima

Quest Master
Jan 23, 2018
United Kingdom
Sorry for the late reply, I've been hard at work on the Nether update.

You raise a good point in your thread about what kind of protection the "melee protection" protects against. It is indeed identical to Vanilla's Protection enchantment, in that it slightly increases protection against all sources. The description is misleading and will be changed to reflect that it does indeed reduce damage from all sources.

We do calculate damage slightly differently to Vanilla, and this calculation may change at some point. I might make a thread as you suggested to explain how enchantments work, especially with Nether coming out eventually.

Reactions: Rawrbin

Naitzirch

Nov 12, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him

You raise a good point in your thread about what kind of protection the "melee protection" protects against. It is indeed identical to Vanilla's Protection enchantment, in that it slightly increases protection against all sources. The description is misleading and will be changed to reflect that it does indeed reduce damage from all sources.

We do calculate damage slightly differently to Vanilla, and this calculation may change at some point. I might make a thread as you suggested to explain how enchantments work, especially with Nether coming out eventually.
That would be great.
Thank you for the clarification. I hope enchantments do get a good explanation once the Nether comes out.

Good luck with the update!

Drew St

May 18, 2020

Is there an estimated date on when the nether will come out????

dazza61

Jul 13, 2020
(Note Im on Bedrock Skyblock) - So I have a level 6 sword (Durability 3 Sharpness 3) - now wanting to know if 1) I can combine mutually exclusive enchantments (e.g. Smite and Sharpness) 2) if 1) is possible can I max the enchantments fully? and 3) Whats the maximum level of enchanting? Thanks

vasui

Novice Member
May 25, 2020
Sweden
I don’t really play skyblock but other might have the same problem, so I definetely think that’s a good idea!

East

Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2016
モンスターボール
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
(Note Im on Bedrock Skyblock) - So I have a level 6 sword (Durability 3 Sharpness 3) - now wanting to know if 1) I can combine mutually exclusive enchantments (e.g. Smite and Sharpness) 2) if 1) is possible can I max the enchantments fully? and 3) Whats the maximum level of enchanting? Thanks

Hi! Please avoid Necro-posting. This is replying to threads which haven't been posted on within 3 weeks. They are not allowed to be revived.

- Locked 🔒

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: dazza61 and Fesa
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom