Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I don’t think it hasn’t been unnoticed by any of you that Java is slowly dying. One game that is suffering the most is Eggwars imo. Games take ages to fill, partly because of the low player count but also because there are too many maps open. There are currently 48 maps (a little more than normal bc of the spring update) and usually around 15-25 maps are open to join which is too much as players will be pretty much divided over the maps resulting in very long waiting times. There is an (I hope) easy way to prevent this; Just open 1 map per team size, so 1 open map for teams of 2, 1 open map for teams of 3 etc. This will first of all prevent long waiting times in the lobby and this will also prevent waiting a long time till a map of your preferable team size finally shows up. Win-win. Let me know what you think!

Side note: This suggestion is for Java only.

Siza

Nov 11, 2018
I agree that Java is getting less popular. Though I don't think Eggwars is suffering the most as the games still fill up, eventhough it is indeed slow. I think there should be a better map rotation. This would atleast stimulate my desire to play. With this easter update for instance the map 'Decoration' is literally always open. I would like to play other maps aswell, which are almost never available. I do agree that if there will be less maps open the maps that are open will fill up faster.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
This seems to be due to the fact that for the spring update I had all the new maps set to have at least 1 of themselves open, this should've been reverted after a week but wasn't. You should see less maps from now on.

Generally the way maps open is through the amount of players playing- the system automatically opens them when needed. So it should scale regardless of the game's popularity.

D

Deleted member 347571

I agree that Java is getting less popular. Though I don't think Eggwars is suffering the most as the games still fill up, eventhough it is indeed slow. I think there should be a better map rotation. This would atleast stimulate my desire to play. With this easter update for instance the map 'Decoration' is literally always open. I would like to play other maps aswell, which are almost never available. I do agree that if there will be less maps open the maps that are open will fill up faster.
Eggwars had above 1000 players at once not so long ago nowadays it has around 200-300 from what i have seen.

Reactions: Patsman and Amazinq
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom