Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Wood Planks?

• Total voters

KatsisVi

Dec 4, 2016
Heyoo!

I was just playing some Eggwars with my friend when I realized the lack of blocks. I love obsidian for your egg and all but in overpowered efficiency VIII pickaxes are just too good!

I think we should add would planks. These could be incredibly overpowered, so maybe they cost gold? I don't know, but they should be way more expensive than hay bales.

Also, I know they have chests, but I think would planks would be slightly better.

Thanks!

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
Wood wouldn't be such a good idea. Yea Yea Ok it won't affect the game play. But you have enough choices. Sandstone/Glass for bridges and obsidian for defence and I don't really know where glowstone and Wheat exist. (Glowstone maybe for light) And wood would be useless because, What can you do with it?? Unless you can get a axe to break wood blocks easy.

Last edited:

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Wood wouldn't be such a good idea. Yea Yea Ok it won't affect the game play. But you have enough choices. Sandstone for bridges and obsidian for defence. And wood would be useless because, What can you do with it?? Unless you can get a axe to break wood blocks easy
It definitely has its uses, (Eggshell, cheap spleef proof bridge, blocking in while mining into an egg, etc.) but It definitely DEFINITELY will impact the gameplay by quite a bit.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
I'm not so sure about this. I mean an axe can break wood way to easily so if you cover it to protect your egg.......its not gonna work. Also, I don't need to carry an extra axe like said above because those players who just.....spam blocks will cause a problem.

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Actually, there is a method to blocking up eggs with blocks that need axes to mine. Chests, they take even longer to break than planks with your bare hands, by half a second.

In normal mode, they cost 10 gold per chest, basically same as obsidian. However, mining obsidian with a diamond efficiency 3 pickaxe takes 4.2 seconds, while mining chests with your hand takes 3.5 seconds, so obsidian is still better than chests. Also, chests are not full blocks, meaning if you cover the egg in chests, you can still take out the egg by clicking between the chests.

In op mode, however, a player can mine obsidian in under a second with the best pickaxe, so chests are not as obsolete. Each obsidian costs 3 gold, while a chest costs 2. Therefore, it is sometimes a good strategy to place 2 layers of obsidian and then a layer of chests on top, for maximum protection. Note that players can still click through the crack of the chests, but almost none will ever do so. You may place 1 more layer of blocks on the chests to hide the chests, so that attackers do not realize the need for an axe when going on the offensive. This is especially good in late stage, as many players will have switched to sharpness 5 swords, and few will be using an axe.

Do not ever overload the number of blocks on your egg, though, as players can hide inside that fortress and make it hard for you to see if someone is mining your egg.

Reactions: hgbf

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Yes book planks are a great idea!! On mc-central you have that And also wool, I think can we take that also?

je_moederisbae

Novice Member
May 1, 2017
You have plenty of choices there are already so many different blocks.
They should not add the wood it would not help so much.
Have a nice day!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy eggday
Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
yeoxuhang wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉🎂