Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ssf2_god

Aug 21, 2021
super smash flash 2
Make it so people respawn with leather armor of their team color and a wooden sword so they can fight back when they are killed. It’s a bit unfair because once you die even if you have the best egg defense you can’t stop your opponent unless you can manage to fist them off the edge but that won’t work in most cases.

Mineplex, Hypixel, BrokenLens, basically every server I can think of has this, but CubeCraft? No.

SpawnKilling is against the rules, but the thing is most rules on this server is SUPER easy to break, ESPECIALLY this one. with the current system they are basically TELLING you to break it. You don’t even have to try to break the rules and you get a warning or ban or mute.

Also make it so that if the same player is killed more than 2 times in the same minute the killer stops gaining points from killing them until either 60 seconds have passed or until they break their egg.

And to counteract this change we should give Egg armor prot 1 in normal mode and replace it with your teams color. If it’s hardcore mode only the helmet and boots will have prot.

This ain’t a thing in CubeCraft and I find it kinda dumb.

Thanks for reading.
If you disagree you like spawn killing people.

Edit: This includes when the game starts. We will also remove wooden swords and leather armor from the shop.
Edit 2: Stop reacting disagree please, all of my friends agree but if you don’t then ignore it nolifers
Edit 3: GG 25 DISAGREES!!!!

Last edited:

SoloWarz

Forum Expert
Sep 18, 2021
Amman, Jordan
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree with you. I think they should add a kit that spawns you with leather armor and a sword, or as you said. It should also depend on what difficulty of eggwars you play. The concept is cool, but the mechanics of how will this work must be also cool and still keep the game balanced.
You should spawn with leather armor and a sword at the start of the game, not only if you die. This will change the game but in a good way since gameplay would go faster.
that’s what I’m talking about

Last edited:

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree with this suggestions definitely - "Also make it so that if the same player is killed more than 2 times in the same minute the killer stops gaining points from killing them until either 60 seconds have passed or until they break their egg."

Idk about the others bcs im not an eggwars player but it would be a pretty big change to not have to buy armour and, as you said, CubeCraft is the only server unique in this way that you have to always buy your own armour so idk

ssf2_god

Aug 21, 2021
super smash flash 2
Disagree, if you want armor you can get the kit, but giving it to everyone upon respawn or at the start would change the whole game. Getting eggs with obsidian would be much harder so in my opnion this wouldnt fit eggwars.
But you can’t respawn with a sword therefore still making it too overpowered.

Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
I disagree with this entirely. The game is designed in such a way that having to spend resources on Armour and Weapons is important for both pacing and balancing of item costs.
Hypothetically you could change pricing of other items to solve this, however this would be a lot of work for no real reason.

As you mentioned already Cubecraft is the only major server that does this, however I don't see why this is relevant. I can't speak for Bedrock as strongly, however on Java they're entirely different communities and even have different PvP versions. Besides having different communities (and on Java pvp), they also have different games, they're similar yes, but if you really look into it the balancing of all Eggwars-esque games are entirely different, they're suited to different players, playstyles, and thus need to be balanced differently, comparing them is pointless, they're different, and they should be.
(As a sidenote, in my opinion adding this feature now would actually only make Eggwars feel more like Bedwars, which is bad because they should be different things.)

Now looking at why it should stay as it is right now, Eggwars is very geared toward rushing already, and that's perfectly fine, however I personally think giving players full leather and a wooden sword right at the start is only going to make rushing more common, faster, and more annoying because it'll become nearly impossible to defend your egg against it.

As @JqstQuinten already mentioned, this is also problematic in team modes, it's already a struggle to get a properly defended egg on your own in for example duos or trios. People keep respawning and gearing up before you can kill the other(s). Now imagine if they didn't even have to gear up, it'll be impossible to get any eggs at all on your own.

You also briefly mentioned something about not giving points anymore after someone got killed twice in one minute, while I feel less strongly about this, I still disagree. I personally tend to solo a lot of trio maps. As mentioned before, getting eggs is already quite a challenge, especially when people keep gearing up. When they do this, you will exceed 2 kills in 1 minute very easily. Those kills are however entirely valid and should definitely count toward your stats and points gained.

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
I have to disagree on this. This is one of the ways eggwars is different from all of the other servers and really makes the gamemode unique. Furthermore, there is enough spawnprot to run or buy armor and a weapon or blocks.

However, this post is tagged "all networks" while the pvp system is much different on java than bedrock, so I can only give my opinion for bedrock.

Reactions: GiGaGekkies

ssf2_god

Aug 21, 2021
super smash flash 2
I disagree with this entirely. The game is designed in such a way that having to spend resources on Armour and Weapons is important for both pacing and balancing of item costs.
Hypothetically you could change pricing of other items to solve this, however this would be a lot of work for no real reason.

As you mentioned already Cubecraft is the only major server that does this, however I don't see why this is relevant. I can't speak for Bedrock as strongly, however on Java they're entirely different communities and even have different PvP versions. Besides having different communities (and on Java pvp), they also have different games, they're similar yes, but if you really look into it the balancing of all Eggwars-esque games are entirely different, they're suited to different players, playstyles, and thus need to be balanced differently, comparing them is pointless, they're different, and they should be.
(As a sidenote, in my opinion adding this feature now would actually only make Eggwars feel more like Bedwars, which is bad because they should be different things.)

Now looking at why it should stay as it is right now, Eggwars is very geared toward rushing already, and that's perfectly fine, however I personally think giving players full leather and a wooden sword right at the start is only going to make rushing more common, faster, and more annoying because it'll become nearly impossible to defend your egg against it.

As @JqstQuinten already mentioned, this is also problematic in team modes, it's already a struggle to get a properly defended egg on your own in for example duos or trios. People keep respawning and gearing up before you can kill the other(s). Now imagine if they didn't even have to gear up, it'll be impossible to get any eggs at all on your own.

You also briefly mentioned something about not giving points anymore after someone got killed twice in one minute, while I feel less strongly about this, I still disagree. I personally tend to solo a lot of trio maps. As mentioned before, getting eggs is already quite a challenge, especially when people keep gearing up. When they do this, you will exceed 2 kills in 1 minute very easily. Those kills are however entirely valid and should definitely count toward your stats and points gained.
So you’re saying, I should kill a person 10 times before getting their egg and they won’t be able to fight back?
Read the post, dummy. I said if the same person is killed more than 2 times in the same minute. NOT the same team.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Usurper

ssf2_god

Aug 21, 2021
super smash flash 2
I have to disagree on this. This is one of the ways eggwars is different from all of the other servers and really makes the gamemode unique. Furthermore, there is enough spawnprot to run or buy armor and a weapon or blocks.

However, this post is tagged "all networks" while the pvp system is much different on java than bedrock, so I can only give my opinion for bedrock.
It’s good how they make it different, but no matter what change they make, it will still be EggWars (unless they changed the eggs to something entirely different). EggWars looks bad with the current system, final killing is way too easy.

Edit: shoot could’ve edited into one post welp can’t delete messages so oh well

Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
So you’re saying, I should kill a person 10 times before getting their egg and they won’t be able to fight back?
Heck no I'm not saying that, well, not unless you want to be banned for kill farming at least.

What this was refering to was strictly Team games. The best way to get an egg is to encase yourself in order to give yourself time to mine the obsidian, unless you've got obsidian with which to encase yourself you'll have to make sure no one on the defending team has a pickaxe though.

Meaning you have to kill the entire team before being able to get the egg, now imagine a team of 3 or so people, if you've killed 2 of them but are struggling to kill the last for whatever reason (either they're just good, or they have good gear, or they have a lot of gapples, etc), that gives the other two time to get back all their gear before joining the fight again, if they do that you'll sometimes kill them 3-4 times within a minute, however because they've had a chance to get gear again those are still valid kills. those should give you points.

Killing them when they're completely defenseless as you make it out to be is currently impossible because of the spawn protection lasting long enough to allow you to get the gear again, especially when you're being defended by your teammate(s).

I hope that cleared it up!

muby

Oct 2, 2021
Nigeria
Make it so people respawn with leather armor of their team color and a wooden sword so they can fight back when they are killed. It’s a bit unfair because once you die even if you have the best egg defense you can’t stop your opponent unless you can manage to fist them off the edge but that won’t work in most cases.

Mineplex, Hypixel, Hive, BrokenLens, basically every server I can think of has this, but CubeCraft? No.

SpawnKilling is against the rules, but the thing is most rules on this server is SUPER easy to break, ESPECIALLY this one. with the current system they are basically TELLING you to break it. You don’t even have to try to break the rules and you get a warning or ban or mute.

Also make it so that if the same player is killed more than 2 times in the same minute the killer stops gaining points from killing them until either 60 seconds have passed or until they break their egg.

And to counteract this change we should give Egg armor prot 1 in normal mode and replace it with your teams color. If it’s hardcore mode only the helmet and boots will have prot.

This ain’t a thing in CubeCraft and I find it kinda dumb.

Thanks for reading.
If you disagree you like spawn killing people.

Edit: This includes when the game starts. We will also remove wooden swords and leather armor from the shop.
Gotta disagree. It will be more of bedwars

ssf2_god

Aug 21, 2021
super smash flash 2
Heck no I'm not saying that, well, not unless you want to be banned for kill farming at least.

What this was refering to was strictly Team games. The best way to get an egg is to encase yourself in order to give yourself time to mine the obsidian, unless you've got obsidian with which to encase yourself you'll have to make sure no one on the defending team has a pickaxe though.

Meaning you have to kill the entire team before being able to get the egg, now imagine a team of 3 or so people, if you've killed 2 of them but are struggling to kill the last for whatever reason (either they're just good, or they have good gear, or they have a lot of gapples, etc), that gives the other two time to get back all their gear before joining the fight again, if they do that you'll sometimes kill them 3-4 times within a minute, however because they've had a chance to get gear again those are still valid kills. those should give you points.

Killing them when they're completely defenseless as you make it out to be is currently impossible because of the spawn protection lasting long enough to allow you to get the gear again, especially when you're being defended by your teammate(s).

I hope that cleared it up!
In a trio game, it would take a total of 6 kills before you stop gaining points, due to you killing each player twice (however in order to do that you are most likely good at the game). And you gotta do it ALL in 60 seconds. But have you read what I said before?
Read the post, dummy. I said if the same person is killed more than 2 times in the same minute. NOT the same team.

ssf2_god

Aug 21, 2021
super smash flash 2
Gotta disagree. It will be more of bedwars
And that’s what makes bedwars good, why it’s popular, and so many good reviews. And this isn’t just bedwars. This is also cake wars, treasure wars, and BlockWars. You know, CubeCraft has block wars, why can’t they just make it like that? Is it really that hard?

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
It’s good how they make it different, but no matter what change they make, it will still be EggWars (unless they changed the eggs to something entirely different). EggWars looks bad with the current system, final killing is way too easy.

Edit: shoot could’ve edited into one post welp can’t delete messages so oh well
Based on some of your comments it looks like this post should have been tagged "Java" and not all networks as it seems you've been considering many java mechanics that this change would affect. Bedrock will likely never get any change as big as this.

muby

Oct 2, 2021
Nigeria
And that’s what makes bedwars good, why it’s popular, and so many good reviews. And this isn’t just bedwars. This is also cake wars, treasure wars, and BlockWars. You know, CubeCraft has block wars, why can’t they just make it like that? Is it really that hard?
Cubecraft is actually going with the classic style and other servers aren't going in that direction. Also blockwars is different from Eggwars.

Reactions: Goldy

Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
In a trio game, it would take a total of 6 kills before you stop gaining points, due to you killing each player twice (however in order to do that you are most likely good at the game). And you gotta do it ALL in 60 seconds. But have you read what I said before?
It would not take a total of 6 kills exactly. Since it goes per player, not per team, it would only take you killing the same person 2 times in 60 seconds, which, in the context I described in my previous post here is perfectly possible. Yes you would have to be good at the game, or significantly outgear people (in iron vs leather armour it's perfectly possible in a duos or trios game). But there are a lot of people who are good at the game, and thus should be rewarded as such. I simply do not believe this would be a good way to prevent kill farming.

ssf2_god

Aug 21, 2021
super smash flash 2
Based on some of your comments it looks like this post should have been tagged "Java" and not all networks as it seems you've been considering many java mechanics that this change would affect. Bedrock will likely never get any change as big as this.
EggWars is on Bedrock AND Java though.
Cubecraft is actually going with the classic style and other servers aren't going in that direction. Also blockwars is different from Eggwars.
At least in BLOCKWARS, players spawn with armor and a sword. Think about it, if someone had full iron and they killed you, you cannot stop them as they will literally take no damage and kill you in 2 hits. If they added sword + armor, then at least you have somewhat of a chance.

ssf2_god

Aug 21, 2021
super smash flash 2
It would not take a total of 6 kills exactly. Since it goes per player, not per team, it would only take you killing the same person 2 times in 60 seconds, which, in the context I described in my previous post here is perfectly possible. Yes you would have to be good at the game, or significantly outgear people (in iron vs leather armour it's perfectly possible in a duos or trios game). But there are a lot of people who are good at the game, and thus should be rewarded as such. I simply do not believe this would be a good way to prevent kill farming.
Either way, I still find it a pain every time to get a sword to even do anything. Not a stone sword, but a WOODEN one. So now I’m making a suggestion to help other players.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
Top Bottom