Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What's the way to go?

• When they hit you, you can hit them.

Votes: 41 61.2%
  • They can't hit you until the spawn protection is over.

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Respawn timer

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I think the spawn protection's only flaw is not knowing when it ends. Players should glow when under spawn protection, but that's just my opinion.

I also find spawn protection annoying, but it's a necessary evil; what's the point of respawning if you die instantly anyways?
removing it can also double the farm kills in less time

telegamer

Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Bansilvania
bit.ly
I think the spawn protection's only flaw is not knowing when it ends. Players should glow when under spawn protection, but that's just my opinion.

I also find spawn protection annoying, but it's a necessary evil; what's the point of respawning if you die instantly anyways?
Which could be partly fixed by making it so when they hit you, you can hit them: here's why
  • You can still respawn spam;
  • If you respawn and have spawn protection, you are able to run away from your island, or buy a few things really quick;
  • By running over to another island you can then take over that island as "yours" and continue playing ;)
Plus players can't glow in 1.8 which would be a flaw :P

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
So like alot of you may already know, spawn protection is very annoying. Why? Because they can hit you, but you can't hit them. So, here's my suggestion:
Make it either
1. When they hit you, you can hit them.
2. They can't hit you until the spawn protection is over.

Let me know your thoughts :)
-telegamer ~ Owen
I would rather have option #1 OR A respawn timer where the time it takes to respawn increases depending on how many deaths you had in how much time

Soifam

Jan 31, 2015
I think that due to the mechanics of eggwars, the spawn protection is useless: the only thing the other player can do is to wait, and then again and again. That'sa a really unfair situation. I think the best option is the respawn timer, maybe about 5-10 seconds beacuse death must be penalized.

Haggggis

Aug 1, 2016
SCOTLAND
So like alot of you may already know, spawn protection is very annoying. Why? Because they can hit you, but you can't hit them. So, here's my suggestion:
Make it either
1. When they hit you, you can hit them.
2. They can't hit you until the spawn protection is over.

Let me know your thoughts :)
-telegamer ~ Owen
I personally like the timer giving them more of a chance. If there wasnt a timer someone could just stay at there is land not raking the egg and just farm points. The people who were getting killed can't do anything while you kill them. But i think your idea is good so maybe just a bit less spawn protection.

Dai_Matsumoto

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2013
Japan
Not really sure about the "When they hit you they can hit you" option, but many players tend to have horrible wifi (like me). This makes spawn protection extremely important, since people will kill players with lag even before they get to respawn properly. (I'm too lazy to read through the whole thread, sorry if this was already mentioned)

xKouhai

Dec 25, 2016
Another alternative could be to (as said above) reduce the spawn protection time itself and seperate the egg from the spawning area so it takes the time of spawn protection to end to get there (I quite like the idea of if they hit you, you can hit them too)

Oh, instead of spawn protection they could have a regeneration effect so they would not instantly die as another option.

Utopia_1

Jan 6, 2017
C4 Bow land
Um, eggwars noob here :p. I just knock people trying to get my egg off while im in spawn protection. But it is clearly annoying for attackers trying to get an egg. I agree with option 1, but i think newly spawned should have a chance to defend instantly.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Sorry that wasn't necroposting @RazerDB!
Your post earlier is considered necro-posting. Necro-posting is either posting on a thread 2+ weeks old or posting replies that provide nothing to the topic. Your reply falls under the second definition as you only tagged people. (Also, there is no way to tag a role like you did with admin. You just tagged a profile named admin). Next time, just post a normal reply that adds to the topic, and then at the end of your reply, tag whoever you would like. :)

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Basketman wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom