Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
OK, so games like lucky islands and among slimes have custom downloadable texture packs you can use when you play those games. (huge props to the design team, they make the games way more fun) I have a suggestion to add this to eggwars.

Now I'm not saying that blocks and stuff need to change, what I'm suggesting is that certain items that normally look the same would look different in the new texture pack, so as to tell them apart. Watch this video and you'll get the idea. Notice the sharp 2 diamond sword and sharp 5 diamond sword look different, so do the bows, etc.

This is the sort of thing that should be in the eggwars texture pack. Knowing what level tool or sword someone has is a pretty big deal.

Ok, heres an example where this pack has saved me. Someone was running to their base and I was following. They suddenly turned around holding their pickaxe. Because of the pack, I was able to see it was the 25 diamond pick, which is capable of insta mining. Now that was a pretty clear giveaway that they were gonna try to spleef me, so I just turned around and went back to mid. Now, had I not had this pack, the pickax would just have looked like a normal diamond pickax, and I wouldn't have known it was one of the really good ones, so, chances are, I would've kept running, only to get spleefed.

Now this is the part that actually inspired me to suggest this. Watch this video, and look at the screenshots that follow.

So as you can see in the video you can also change the texture based on how many items are in the stack, which I applied to the gapples. Now If you look at the screenshot, Duck said he thought it was unfair, because if you saw someone had like a stack of gaps and you only had like 10 or 15, you would know you should run because you don't have enough gapples for that fight.

Now thats a really good point. Normally you have no idea how many gaps someone has. So, I thought I'd suggest making a server side texture pack for eggwars that is capable of showing these textures based on enchantment and stack size, just to even the playing field a little bit.

Thanks,
Owl

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 8.29.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 8.29.14 AM.png
    811.5 KB · Views: 95

Taxy

Sep 24, 2020
Austin, Texas
Sorry, but I highly disagree with your suggestion. This is because 1) People can make their own texture packs. 2) I think this could make people get confused with how there are two iron pickaxes, or how they should memorize each color of the diamond sword, if you know what I mean.

I personally think this should be suggested as a pack people can download for EggWars :p
That way the people that prefer their own packs can use them, and people that like the look and feel of yours can use it. (This is of course, if you're saying that this pack isn't required to play EggWars if implemented)

Reactions: Maaarijn

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Lucky Islands and Among Slimes have their own texture packs to make the game run at its best. Both gamemodes have custom items in it, which would not be visible as they should without the texture pack. For EggWars this would not be needed as there are no custom items or such. A texture pack for EggWars would therefore just be to make the game visually look better. This is not enough to add and make a texture pack for the gamemode.
On top of that, a lot of people have a bad pc, so they can't even download the texture pack. This would cause trouble for them. Making a texture pack which players are kind of forced to use (of course you can decline it but its annoying to keep on pressing no in the game NPC) could better not be done if it's not actually needed. Also, as Taxy said above, you could always make a custom texture pack yourself. It's just not needed especially for EggWars.

Reactions: Taxy

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Lucky Islands and Among Slimes have their own texture packs to make the game run at its best. Both gamemodes have custom items in it, which would not be visible as they should without the texture pack. For EggWars this would not be needed as there are no custom items or such. A texture pack for EggWars would therefore just be to make the game visually look better. This is not enough to add and make a texture pack for the gamemode.
On top of that, a lot of people have a bad pc, so they can't even download the texture pack. This would cause trouble for them. Making a texture pack which players are kind of forced to use (of course you can decline it but its annoying to keep on pressing no in the game NPC) could better not be done if it's not actually needed. Also, as Taxy said above, you could always make a custom texture pack yourself. It's just not needed especially for EggWars.
Nah fam saying they just make the game look better is completely false. I suggest you re read the thread and maybe watch on of the vids again, as they do quite alot more than make the game look better.

On the subject of bad pc's, using these special textures does not affect my frames at all, and the pack also would not be forced. You could still play eggwars exactly the same if the pack was implemented.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Nah fam saying they just make the game look better is completely false. I suggest you re read the thread and maybe watch on of the vids again, as they do quite alot more than make the game look better.
I see what you mean but it is still not needed to add this. In Lucky Islands the texture pack is needed to view lucky blocks, a game changing thing. I also use a pack in Lucky Islands sometimes which shows difference between the different kinds of bows. This is a very nice helpful texture pack, but it's not needed to play the game like it should be played. Same goes for your EggWars pack. Of course it's helpful but it's not needed.
On the subject of bad pc's, using these special textures does not affect my frames at all, and the pack also would not be forced. You could still play eggwars exactly the same if the pack was implemented.
I wasn't talking about using the pack, but about downloading the pack at first. I remember years ago when I just started playing CubeCraft I wasn't able to play Lucky Islands as my Laptop was too bad to download the pack. I bet this is still the case for many players with a bad pc, so making them unable to play EggWars normally would be unfair and unneeded, as it would only be to visually improve the gameplay.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
UncleSpect wrote on Gokhan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Frontlane's profile.
That's an interesting tag in your name.
Top Bottom