Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
hello cubecraft, i used to play eggwars a lot back in the days and noticed a problem that has never been changed: getting attacked by a whole team makes your chance of defending almost 0%.

how i feel like this could be fixed?
i will compare eggwars with bedwars for this. in bedwars, you respawn with: a sword, your armor, and in case you have bought these things, your tools too. i personally feel like respawning with a weapon and a bit or armor would make the game more fair.

lets say the enemy team attacks you and your team, and they manage to kill all of you. how big is the chance to defend your egg against them if they have full iron, gapples, build themself in with blocks.... vs you and your team with nothing, literally nothing? this is an even bigger deal in Overpowered!

the suggestion in this?
make it so you respawn with at least a wooden sword and maybe leather armor. it wont make the game unfair as everyone gets it. it would also be great to use against rushers who instantly attack others, since it happens a lot.

eggwars is an awesome game in general, but theres a lot of space for improvement!

Reactions: wxzzrd

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Sorry I disagree, because of a few reasons:

- My first reason is, if the enemy team killed your whole team, there still is a chance of surviving. Because there is a ‘pvp cooldown’(nobody can hit you for a short amount of time), that means you already have a chance to buy a full set of leather armour, a sword and a pickage to defend. + you get your kit when you respawn.
- My second reason is, this would make the gameplay unfair. For example when I am playing duo egg wars with some friends, most of the times our strategy is attacking solo. That means I’m attacking a team of 2 alone, when I killed both of them, I only have a few hp left. But if they respawn with a sword/set of armour, there is almost no chance for the attacking team to survive.
- My third reason, if you get a full set of leather armour when you respawn hardcore mode and ‘Egg Armour‘ kit will become unbalanced.

ItzChocolate

Novice Member
Feb 5, 2020
hello cubecraft, i used to play eggwars a lot back in the days and noticed a problem that has never been changed: getting attacked by a whole team makes your chance of defending almost 0%.
The thing is, that is how the game is supposed to be. if they have better gear, then they will beat you in a fight. if you have better gear, you will beat them in a fight. IN THEORY.

i will compare eggwars with bedwars for this. in bedwars, you respawn with: a sword, your armor, and in case you have bought these things, your tools too. i personally feel like respawning with a weapon and a bit or armor would make the game more fair.
Eggwars and bedwars are very different games, and IMO Cubecraft would get criticized for 'copying Hypixel' if they did this. Also, that is part of the strategy. You go to their base, and kill them so they have no stuff and can't fight back, and then getting the egg isn't as hard. this would make egg wars games a lot harder, and a lot longer. People are already complaining about games lasting too long, so adding this just extends the games even further.

make it so you respawn with at least a wooden sword and maybe leather armor. it wont make the game unfair as everyone gets it. it would also be great to use against rushers who instantly attack others, since it happens a lot.
It wouldn't 'make the game unfair' in some ways, but in others, it will, for example, like you mentioned, rushers. A rushers goal is to get geared and get to a base as fast as possible, before any major defences or fully geared. Giving them gear means that the opponent is harder to take out, resulting in it being harder to rush, which also extends the games.

Also, this makes the kit 'Egg Armour' Redundant as you wouldn't get the armour.

Finally, one of the challenges of 'Hardcore mode' is getting the armour and weapons, but by adding this, it becomes normal items with minor changes.

Reactions: Gregeyy

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
the problem with eggwars right now is the fact that it is unfair. you respawn with nothing to defend yourself and buying stuff takes a lot of time too. especially OP is instant game over when you have insane protection on your armour against people using their fist. its exactly the reason why i personally stopped playing eggwars, too unfair

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.

lets say the enemy team attacks you and your team, and they manage to kill all of you. how big is the chance to defend your egg against them if they have full iron, gapples, build themself in with blocks.... vs you and your team with nothing, literally nothing? this is an even bigger deal in Overpowered!

the suggestion in this?

eggwars is an awesome game in general, but theres a lot of space for improvement!
I disagree with this. It would be unfair in many different situations, such as when a player is trying to break an egg on a 4 player team map, players can constantly hit and deal damage to the player, making it almost impossible to break a single block of obsidian. A better solution would be to allow the player to spawn with a pickaxe so they can't get kill farmed in a small area, but this in it itself is a bit broken.

Reactions: Gregeyy and 404Owl

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
I disagree with this. It would be unfair in many different situations, such as when a player is trying to break an egg on a 4 player team map, players can constantly hit and deal damage to the player, making it almost impossible to break a single block of obsidian. A better solution would be to allow the player to spawn with a pickaxe so they can't get kill farmed in a small area, but this in it itself is a bit broken.
I dont think you should spawn with a pickax, but its way better then spawning with actual weapons and armor. Just my opinion :)

Reactions: InkAsriel and luv!

ItzChocolate

Novice Member
Feb 5, 2020

the suggestion in this?

I don't think you have realised this. You have kits and spawn protection. if you have money bags kit, you can go buy all the stuff you want before your spawn protection runs out. Just sayin.

Reactions: Gregeyy

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
I don't think you have realised this. You have kits and spawn protection. if you have money bags kit, you can go buy all the stuff you want before your spawn protection runs out. Just sayin.
pretty sure you dont make a chance against 3 guys with fun iron when you just have a wooden sword, the spawn protection barely helps anyways

ItzChocolate

Novice Member
Feb 5, 2020
But what they are proposing is leather armour and wood swords, so that doesnt make a difference

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
People often box u in as well, so it doesnt matter if u hav the iron kit. In this situation, the only kit that would do anything would be the kit that gives u the golden pick.

Herrero

Mar 4, 2017
People often box u in as well, so it doesnt matter if u hav the iron kit. In this situation, the only kit that would do anything would be the kit that gives u the golden pick.
You can report them for that. You may lose the game but you would win the WAR.

• Haha
Reactions: 404Owl
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom