Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
This is just the idea I've taken from blockwars. I think that every 5 minutes there should be a power up (potion effect) that could last about 20 seconds. Ideas for the potion effects could be haste II (so you can break blocks faster and also having smaller hit delays so you can hit people faster), levitation (so you could perhaps fly to a base where people are camping, thus nullifying the effect of campers, this could be a bit OP though so this power up could be really rare, maybe once per game). Speed II could be useful if you want to cross a bridge quickly, reducing your chance of being shot off. Invisibility could also be a cool one, if you wanted to break an egg without being seen (if player trackers are modified so they can't detect invisible players).

In team eggwars, the power ups could be given to your whole team, but the time should probably be reduced to like 10-15 seconds as it would be a little bit OP for effects like invisibility.
Another add on could be debuffs, which are just the same thing, but they give negative potion effects to either all of the opponents/teams, or a random opponent/team. Ideas for this could be slowness II (easier to hit, although this might be boring as you can just shoot people with slowness II arrows, but it could be a cool feature in 1.8 eggwars), mining fatigue III (mine blocks slower, also your hit delays will last longer) and Blindness (can't see people within a certain range).

The reason I would like to see this implemented is mainly because it would convince people to take regular trips to mid to pick up the power ups, instead of just getting their 5 diamonds, going to base and sitting on their diamond gen until they're op and they just camp to win.

I also believe this would add a new dimension to the game and in my opinion, much more fun as a lot more can happen. This could be either implemented into the game fully, or high donator ranks could vote to include power ups at the start of each game (just in case they don't want to play a game with no power ups).

Thanks for reading, feel free to include your own ideas and thoughts below.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Two Words: Mid Campers @Gainfullterror

How do mid "campers" ruin the game though, I've seen the people mention them, but how do they actually affect the game negatively? I always thought campers just camped at their own base, would make no sense for them to camp at mid because people can just come over and kill, and there are no shops at mid so they can't exactly gain anything from being at the middle. The power ups are only useful if they want to go over to other people's islands, in fact I would say it prevents mid camping as they'd want to use their power ups to their full effect and quickly go for an island. The only problem I see with mid campers was if it was in team eggwars, and one player just camped at the middle and waited for the power ups to boost their own team. To help reduce this, power ups could be found at different spots at mid instead of just one, meaning the player will have to search around more (so hopefully he encounters opponents so there is PvP). Or another option is if in team eggwars, no single player can pick up 2 power ups in a row, they can only pick up one, then another player must pick it up next time.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
How do mid "campers" ruin the game though, I've seen the people mention them, but how do they actually affect the game negatively? I always thought campers just camped at their own base, would make no sense for them to camp at mid because people can just come over and kill, and there are no shops at mid so they can't exactly gain anything from being at the middle. The power ups are only useful if they want to go over to other people's islands, in fact I would say it prevents mid camping as they'd want to use their power ups to their full effect and quickly go for an island. The only problem I see with mid campers was if it was in team eggwars, and one player just camped at the middle and waited for the power ups to boost their own team. To help reduce this, power ups could be found at different spots at mid instead of just one, meaning the player will have to search around more (so hopefully he encounters opponents so there is PvP). Or another option is if in team eggwars, no single player can pick up 2 power ups in a row, they can only pick up one, then another player must pick it up next time.
Come over and kill.... how do you do that in leather when the mid camper has 2 sets of iron, diamond sword, diamond axe, power bow, punch bow, 64 golden apples, 2 notches, 64 steak, and 64 blocks IN NORMAL MODE? And why would a mid camper care? They do it for the kills... You would think people wouldn't camp, but they do.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Come over and kill.... how do you do that in leather when the mid camper has 2 sets of iron, diamond sword, diamond axe, power bow, punch bow, 64 golden apples, 2 notches, 64 steak, and 64 blocks IN NORMAL MODE? And why would a mid camper care? They do it for the kills... You would think people wouldn't camp, but they do.
Okay, I see. So people mid camp for kills instead of trying to win the game is what you mean? I don't think I've ever come across one of those people before, so I assume they must be rare :P. Besides, people will be like this with or without the power ups, so I don't see why it makes a difference.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
The reason I would like to see this implemented is mainly because it would convince people to take regular trips to mid to pick up the power ups, instead of just getting their 5 diamonds, going to base and sitting on their diamond gen until they're op and they just camp to win.
You're on the right track, but not correct.
This would encourage people to camp mid with bows, and preventing anybody from coming near.
In reality it'd go down like this:
Team A rushes mid, and luckily doesn't get rushed from other islands.
Team A brings diamonds home and buys a bow and maybe starts the generator.
Team A runs back to mid, with a bow and arrows, so that they're the ones controlling mid.
No other team has diamonds, so they will eventually be killed by other teams without diamonds.
The few remaining teams, are probably geared with chain armor at most, and can't come to mid as they don't have bows to shoot back and buy some time.
After a while, Team A gets extremely stacked and can take out the remaining teams with ease, as the teams don't stand a chance.

In short: They are the ones with diamonds only.
And if the power ups are a thing too, they'd have it all and the remaining teams are as good as dead.

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
What about every 30 minutes? I like this idea because it could impress many players by how the game is affected.

Two Words: Mid Campers @Gainfullterror
Ahahaha.

You know how? It's called SKILLS. I know a full iron with all the stuff you said is almost impossible to kill, but you exaggerated way too much.
Normal mode? No problem, do OP. >_>
I now you will be like, "How are you supposed to be so good when the other guy has way too much stuff. It's easy, you just have to be ahead of their moves, think about what will they do before they do it and do something about it. ;)

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
What about every 30 minutes? I like this idea because it could impress many players by how the game is affected.

Ahahaha.

You know how? It's called SKILLS. I know a full iron with all the stuff you said is almost impossible to kill, but you exaggerated way too much.
Normal mode? No problem, do OP. >_>
I now you will be like, "How are you supposed to be so good when the other guy has way too much stuff. It's easy, you just have to be ahead of their moves, think about what will they do before they do it and do something about it. ;)
Even if it was @Thefty or @Chimpeeze THEY'D have trouble killing @Dotsy in normal on teaparty. What I said was way LESS than he gets.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
You're on the right track, but not correct.
This would encourage people to camp mid with bows, and preventing anybody from coming near.
In reality it'd go down like this:
Team A rushes mid, and luckily doesn't get rushed from other islands.
Team A brings diamonds home and buys a bow and maybe starts the generator.
Team A runs back to mid, with a bow and arrows, so that they're the ones controlling mid.
No other team has diamonds, so they will eventually be killed by other teams without diamonds.
The few remaining teams, are probably geared with chain armor at most, and can't come to mid as they don't have bows to shoot back and buy some time.
After a while, Team A gets extremely stacked and can take out the remaining teams with ease, as the teams don't stand a chance.

In short: They are the ones with diamonds only.
And if the power ups are a thing too, they'd have it all and the remaining teams are as good as dead.
Well you see, that is very unlikely as in team eggwars, there will always be at least 2 teams who mid rush. If this does happen however, it doesn't really have anything to do with the power ups because people will do this regardless if there are power ups or not (despite being very unlikely for this to happen anyway). Also in maps with large teams, mid is huge and has many diamond gens so its really hard for a team to be guarding mid at all times.
Anyway more to the point, the power ups are designed to encourage people to attack other islands. You aren't really going to be winning the game easily by having haste II, speed II or invisibility by just camping at mid, as they'd be more or less useless.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
No because there is a Abilty where if you break a egg you have a chance of getting a special
buff
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) Sorry but not intrested so GL

1. To OP
  2. Where are they going to go
  3. Can Glitch
  4. Invisabilty is WAY TO OP
  5. Is this for 1.8?
  6. If so Haste would generate HAX in chat because you swing way to fast or you are not seen at all

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Well you see, that is very unlikely as in team eggwars, there will always be at least 2 teams who mid rush. If this does happen however, it doesn't really have anything to do with the power ups because people will do this regardless if there are power ups or not (despite being very unlikely for this to happen anyway). Also in maps with large teams, mid is huge and has many diamond gens so its really hard for a team to be guarding mid at all times.
Anyway more to the point, the power ups are designed to encourage people to attack other islands. You aren't really going to be winning the game easily by having haste II, speed II or invisibility by just camping at mid, as they'd be more or less useless.
Actually you can >:) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
  1. To OP
  2. Where are they going to go
  3. Can Glitch
  4. Invisabilty is WAY TO OP
  5. Is this for 1.8?
  6. If so Haste would generate HAX in chat because you swing way to fast or you are not seen at all
1. How would you change it so its not as OP? Please leave your input as it could be useful.
2. You mean the places where you can pick up the power ups? They'd just be dotted around mid.
3. Explain please.
4. I mean, you'd have to take off your armour to be fully invisible so you'd be a 1 hit kill if people see your footprints, pot bubbles, or hear your footsteps, so its a worthy trade-off I think.
5. 1.8 and 1.9 versions I would have thought.
6. It would announce in chat stuff like "Tom has picked up a haste II power up for 20 seconds!" or "Team Red have picked up a haste II power up for 10 seconds!", so people would understand.

Actually you can >:) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

What do you mean?

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
1. How would you change it so its not as OP? Please leave your input as it could be useful.
2. You mean the places where you can pick up the power ups? They'd just be dotted around mid.
3. Explain please.
4. I mean, you'd have to take off your armour to be fully invisible so you'd be a 1 hit kill if people see your footprints, pot bubbles, or hear your footsteps, so its a worthy trade-off I think.
5. 1.8 and 1.9 versions I would have thought.
6. It would announce in chat stuff like "Tom has picked up a haste II power up for 20 seconds!" or "Team Red have picked up a haste II power up for 10 seconds!", so people would understand.

What do you mean?

I explained plenty just re-read it and also there not going to do this idea if they already have this!

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I explained plenty just re-read it and also there not going to do this idea if they already have this!
I honestly don't understand what you're trying to say lol, you're being a bit too vague. Please can you explain in detail what you mean like the others have?
And yes I understand the effects you can get for breaking an egg, but this isn't the same, however it does encourage people to leave their islands. 2 reasons to leave their islands is better than one, right? ;)

U

Unipotato

I don't really like this. As others have said, it is way too OP. Plus, there's an EggWars ability where you get a random positive potion effect when you break an egg.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Well you see, that is very unlikely as in team eggwars, there will always be at least 2 teams who mid rush. If this does happen however, it doesn't really have anything to do with the power ups because people will do this regardless if there are power ups or not (despite being very unlikely for this to happen anyway).
It happens rarely, and it needs to stay like that.
If this were added, it would encourage more mid camping.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Even if it was @Thefty or @Chimpeeze THEY'D have trouble killing @Dotsy in normal on teaparty. What I said was way LESS than he gets.
Took me 10 minutes:
FT6qkdR.png

You don't know what I can do in Normal.
My strategy doesn't work in OP because of the Cheap Bows and OP Leather armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
marshduck11 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Ducky friend!
10,000 eggs Eggwars - 18/04/2024

image.png
i keep falling through the “forest clearing“ cage whenever i play solo skywars bedrock pls fix im too lazy to make a bug report
Top Bottom