Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Vindicatør

Sep 29, 2020
the Woodland Mansion
minecraft.fandom.com
I have a few suggestions for axes in EggWars:
1) Make them cost the same price as their sword counterparts. Just because axes have higher melee damage than swords doesn’t mean they should cost more. They have an even slower attack speed and less damage per second. But if you use axe correctly you can beat someone with sword. So you shouldn’t have to pay more for a slower weapon.

2) Make axes in overpowered mode have sharpness 4. Why? Because sword and axe both having sharpness 2 would make an even higher DPS difference between the sword and axe, meaning that sword will be better.

Wood Sword DPS: 6.4
Wood Axe DPS: 5.6

Sharp 2 Wood Sword DPS: 8.8
Sharp 2 Wood Axe DPS: 6.8

As you can see the wood sword is much better than the wood axe in overpowered mode. So putting sharp 4 on the axe could help it not be as bad.

Sharp 4 Wood Axe DPS: 7.6

The wood sword with sharp 2 still has more DPS, but with this axes in overpowered mode won’t be that bad.

3) Add a sharpness 5 diamond axe to the weapon shop. Since there is a sword with sharpness 5, why not have an axe with that as well? There should be some consideration for axe users such as myself. Since the sharp 4 diamond axe would cost 12 diamonds, the sharp 5 diamond axe could cost 16. This would also make the sharp 5 diamond sword cost 16 diamonds as well.

I hope you liked this thread!
Thanks for reading,
The Axe Wielding Vindicator

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
1) Make them cost the same price as their sword counterparts. Just because axes have higher melee damage than swords doesn’t mean they should cost more. They have an even slower attack speed and less damage per second. But if you use axe correctly you can beat someone with sword. So you shouldn’t have to pay more for a slower weapon.

2) Make axes in overpowered mode have sharpness 4. Why? Because sword and axe both having sharpness 2 would make an even higher DPS difference between the sword and axe, meaning that sword will be better.

As you can see the wood sword is much better than the wood axe in overpowered mode. So putting sharp 4 on the axe could help it not be as bad.

The wood sword with sharp 2 still has more DPS, but with this axes in overpowered mode won’t be that bad.

3) Add a sharpness 5 diamond axe to the weapon shop. Since there is a sword with sharpness 5, why not have an axe with that as well? There should be some consideration for axe users such as myself. Since the sharp 4 diamond axe would cost 12 diamonds, the sharp 5 diamond axe could cost 16. This would also make the sharp 5 diamond sword cost 16 diamonds as well.

Thanks for reading,

This all sounds way way to OP. I disagree with one and two because that would be way to much damage. I agree with 3, but it should cost a stack like the sword. They cost more because of how strong they are. Even with slower speed they are still very powerful.

Reactions: zMigi_ and Deann

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
This all sounds way way to OP. I disagree with one and two because that would be way to much damage. I agree with 3, but it should cost a stack like the sword. They cost more because of how strong they are. Even with slower speed they are still very powerful.
I have to agree, axes cost more for a reason - they're stronger and easier to use. DPS isn't really a relevant stat in fights because an axe fighter can just back off after a hit. Axes also already do a ton of damage, adding two levels of sharpness to them would just make them insanely OP, to the point where swords wouldn't even be used.

Vindicatør

Sep 29, 2020
the Woodland Mansion
minecraft.fandom.com
I don't agree with making Axe's cheaper. With a stone axe you can kill someone with full iron in 3 crits. Unless the slower attack speed axes are still very strong. The current prices are perfect, making them cheaper would be way to overpowered.
Well in CubeCraft, I think stone axe crits do 2.5/3 hearts of damage to full iron, which results in 4 hits, since this server has different armor protection. I’m assuming you play PVP Legacy or a 1.16 smp server. There are still ways to counter axes though. I just thought axes shouldn’t cost more than swords because lower DPS + I don’t think there is any block in the game that axes break faster.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Well in CubeCraft, I think stone axe crits do 2.5/3 hearts of damage to full iron, which results in 4 hits, since this server has different armor protection. I’m assuming you play PVP Legacy or a 1.16 smp server. There are still ways to counter axes though. I just thought axes shouldn’t cost more than swords because lower DPS + I don’t think there is any block in the game that axes break faster.
In normal mode with 1.9 combat axes are still much stronger than swords if you use them right, I see no reason to lower the prices.

OnionSoups

Feb 17, 2021

Thanks for reading,
I agree with cheapening them, as 1.9 pvp is not all about swords. The axe change in overpowered is also very reasonable, and a sharp 5 diamond axe would balance out the game, as it would give more choices to players who want different weapons.

Reactions: Vindicatør
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

ToonBer wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713270171790.png
ToonBer wrote on Capitan's profile.
1713269798868.png
ToonBer wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
hello there 🍰
GiGaGekkies wrote on ToffeeET's profile.
Happy Birthday xx
Reesle wrote on ToffeeET's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom