Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Suggestion 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Want a StarCraft-like game where you have to expand more to get more resources? Want them to become non-renewable? Then this is for you!

Background information
In a typical eggwars map, every player island has at least 1 generator of each mineral (1 iron, 1 gold, 1 diamond). The middle of the map has more generators and at higher levels to encourage map control (and later transitions to camping).

Suggestion: limit resources at player islands
What if we have player generators tweaked to hold only a limited number of resources at the start of the map? Upgrading the player generators increases the rate that they produce minerals (as usual), but does not increase the amount of minerals remaining. Generators at mid are temporarily upgradable and infinitely produce materials (suggested by Unipotato; was capped at level 1 before). Upgrading mid generators allows then to produce at a rate equivalent to a max level generator until X (50-64 for diamonds, 100-128 for gold) amount of materials, after which it will revert back to its old state.

Sub-suggestion 1: Once a generator runs out of minerals, it turns red, forcing the player to expand to another island to gain more resources. The generator cannot be repaired and will not produce any more minerals. Example image shows this depleted generator in the middle of the 3 gens.​

Sub-suggestion 2: Unlike sub-suggestion 1, a generator will produce 50% slower than its regular level 1 counterpart. So, if a diamond level 1 generator produces 1 diamond every 10 seconds, then a depleted diamond generator will produce 1 diamond every 20 seconds. Depleted generators cannot be repaired. Example image shows this depleted generator in the right of the 3 gens.​

Here's a few examples of what player generators contain:

-Iron: Infinite (infinite suggested by 4hearts. Was 200 before)
-Gold: 100 gold bars
-Diamond: 50 diamonds
-Emerald: infinite emeralds, but capped at level 1 (only gen to have a level cap).

Frequent responses:
"Make them repairable!"
-Assuming a player has all 3 minerals available at his island, then that means he can still camp and he can repair them again when they break endlessly. This creates an infinite production loop--the same one the current eggwars has for its generators. The only exception would be iron for food and blocks. Also, what would be the point in limiting them when he can reserve just a few minerals to repair and get more? It'll effectively be the same as it is now if they're repairable after breaking but with an extra cost to keep generators up.

Example image:
2017-02-10_13.44.43.png

Last edited:

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I think gold/diamond gens breaking down after a long time might be cool (if they could be fixed) but if iron gens did this you could get into a situation where you are stuck on your island with no blocks to go anywhere.

Reactions: Ping Ether
U

Unipotato

I like this, except for two things.

• What @♡♡♡♡ said (Iron should be always infinite because it is a base resource and necessity)
  • Mid generators can be upgraded past level one. Without this, you would have to wait forever to get supplies and sometimes that isn't possible. Sitting on a level one diamond generator trying to save up for full diamond would make anyone rage.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I think gold/diamond gens breaking down after a long time might be cool (if they could be fixed) but if iron gens did this you could get into a situation where you are stuck on your island with no blocks to go anywhere.
That's why planning ahead of time, expanding, and keeping your bridge is encouraged. Will tweak sub-suggestion 1 to make iron infinite only.

Reactions: Power Ranger
U

Unipotato

That's why planning ahead of time, expanding, and keeping your bridge is encouraged. Will tweak sub-suggestion 1 to make iron infinite only.

What happens when you starve to death because you ran out of iron to buy food with?

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
What happens when you starve to death because you ran out of iron to buy food with?
Good point. I've changed the above to take that into account.

You don't need too many diamonds to get good gear. The most you need is 18-25 (10 for pickaxe, other 8-15 depending on the bow you choose). Enemy players will also upgrade theirs (kill them and you get their generator).

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
I definitly like the general concept however to make up for it I think that the mis generators should work like this:
You can use diamonds to upgrade them once in the game. This increases their production speed to a a level 3 gen for 64 diamonds.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I definitly like the general concept however to make up for it I think that the mis generators should work like this:
You can use diamonds to upgrade them once in the game. This increases their production speed to a a level 3 gen for 64 diamonds.
That works. I've edited that to include upgrading.
Got to love that idea. Are you saying it increases production speed until 64 diamonds are produced or for a price of 64?

To 4hearts: if they can be fixed, then there will be an infinite production loop on a player island (goes hand-in-hand with camping, lower risk for lower reward). The idea is to force players to expand to other islands to get more resources. If they run out of stuff, then mid is the only place to guarantee more minerals.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
That works. I've edited that to include upgrading.
Got to love that idea. Are you saying it increases production speed until 64 diamonds are produced or for a price of 64?

To 4hearts: if they can be fixed, then there will be an infinite production loop on a player island (goes hand-in-hand with camping, lower risk for lower reward). The idea is to force players to expand to other islands to get more resources. If they run out of stuff, then mid is the only place to guarantee more minerals.
increases production speed until 64 diamonds for the price of maybe a level 3 gen like 25 diamonds.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Yes, I like it. This adds a whole new strategy to the game. Depleting the resources of your enemy. Let them shoot as many arrows at you as they want, eventually their gold gen will run out :) Finally a way to stop all the bowcampers at Aztec. You get a +1 from me, absolutely.

xXNiChO_29Xx

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
It wouldn't be that good...
At least you should be able to repair them... If yes, this could make EggWars a lot more challenging and a lot moore fun and strategic :)

ElementThink

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The Netherlands
Want a StarCraft-like game where you have to expand more to get more resources? Want them to become non-renewable? Then this is for you!

Background information
In a typical eggwars map, every player island has at least 1 generator of each mineral (1 iron, 1 gold, 1 diamond). The middle of the map has more generators and at higher levels to encourage map control (and later transitions to camping).

What if we have player generators tweaked to hold only a limited number of resources at the start of the map? Upgrading the player generators increases the rate that they produce minerals (as usual), but does not increase the amount of minerals remaining. Generators at mid are upgradable and infinitely produce materials (suggested by Unipotato; was capped at level 1 before).

Sub-suggestion 1: Once a generator runs out of minerals, it turns red, forcing the player to expand to another island to gain more resources. The generator cannot be repaired and will not produce any more minerals. Example image shows this depleted generator in the middle of the 3 gens.​

Sub-suggestion 2: Unlike sub-suggestion 1, a generator will produce 50% slower than its regular level 1 counterpart. So, if a diamond level 1 generator produces 1 diamond every 10 seconds, then a depleted diamond generator will produce 1 diamond every 20 seconds. Depleted generators cannot be repaired. Example image shows this depleted generator in the right of the 3 gens.​

-Emerald: infinite emeralds, but capped at level 1 (only gen to have a level cap).

Example image:
View attachment 129423

I think this isnt a good idea Cube already made speed eggwars for the campers

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I think this isnt a good idea Cube already made speed eggwars for the campers
Speed eggwars still has camping. It's just that some prices are reduced for some items. It's speed because all players have built-in permanent speed to move around the map a lot faster.

@Snoow_Flake: If you can repair them, then limiting the generators wouldn't do a thing. It'll create an infinite loop (the production loop eggwars currently has), making limited generators redundant.

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
im sorry but i like how Eggwars is now and i dont like these suggestions however suggestion it was a good thought and putting time into this thread was there i like that about this thread about the time and effort put into this goodjob on the suggestion

TK_Forest

Sep 9, 2016
UK
bit.ly
Sorry i am not so keen on this idea, but maybe as an addition it could be added into the new gamemode speed eggwars or maybe in the future it could be a completely different concept. eg a new game called _____ Eggwars. (have not thought of the name yet.)

Haggggis

Aug 1, 2016
SCOTLAND

Background information

What if we have player generators tweaked to hold only a limited number of resources at the start of the map? Upgrading the player generators increases the rate that they produce minerals (as usual), but does not increase the amount of minerals remaining. Generators at mid are temporarily upgradable and infinitely produce materials (suggested by Unipotato; was capped at level 1 before). Upgrading mid generators allows then to produce at a rate equivalent to a max level generator until X (50-64 for diamonds, 100-128 for gold) amount of materials, after which it will revert back to its old state.

Frequent responses:
"Make them repairable!"
-Assuming a player has all 3 minerals available at his island, then that means he can still camp and he can repair them again when they break endlessly. This creates an infinite production loop--the same one the current eggwars has for its generators. The only exception would be iron for food and blocks. Also, what would be the point in limiting them when he can reserve just a few minerals to repair and get more? It'll effectively be the same as it is now if they're repairable after breaking but with an extra cost to keep generators up.

Example image:
View attachment 129423
I like it but maybe so you can vote for it rather than implemented into the current games just now.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Top Bottom