Not open for further replies.

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
When someone upgrades a generator in eggwars, it causes a bit of lag for people with slower computers or bad wifi, because of the firework particles that come out of it, due to people upgrading multiple gens at once.

Sometimes this is annoying, because if you were in a fight and someone upgrades their generator, you will get some lagspikes and you will end up losing that fight or getting knocked off the edge.

My suggestion is to replace the firework effect, with a sound effect like a dinging sound or something like that, to help people not get small amounts of lag from this. :)

@DragonLord

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
I'd quite like an option to enable or disable this in EggWars. Some people like the firework whereas others don't.
Good idea though!

Reactions: SpringWarz

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I think you can disable firework particle effects with optifine
upload_2018-4-13_23-16-19.png

Reactions: The Lord Pleb

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
I think you can disable firework particle effects with optifine
View attachment 144644
What about those people who dont know how to get optifine? Or how to look it up? I think there should be a different thing to happen rather than fireworks. With my experience on my mac while my laptop was gone, I thought it was pretty bad. The fireworks made my computer go to like 3 fps.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
What about those people who dont know how to get optifine? Or how to look it up? I think there should be a different thing to happen rather than fireworks. With my experience on my mac while my laptop was gone, I thought it was pretty bad. The fireworks made my computer go to like 3 fps.
I'll wait and see what more people have to say, If this was a configurable option, where could it be configured as it seems to be specific to only eggwars?
Do you think we'll need personal game settings per player?

D

Deleted member 346231

YES! I have a gaming PC (usually runs minecraft at around 400 fps), but when someone upgrades their generator my game tanks to about 15 fps lol.

+1

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Good idea. Some people think that simply turning "firework particles" to "off" fixes that issue, but it simply doesn't, so I'm glad you thought of this idea. Hopefully we will see this feature changed to a "ding" noise in the next eggwars update, which should be soon, probably early 2019.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
I'll wait and see what more people have to say, If this was a configurable option, where could it be configured as it seems to be specific to only eggwars?
Do you think we'll need personal game settings per player?
It can normally be changed within animations... on optifine, but I and others still get lag even with the option set to off.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
I don't experience this problem, and also I would like to point out a positive thing about these fireworks effects.

You can see from a huge distance if someone upgrades their generator. This can give strategic advantages, for example if I see someone upgrade their diamond generator (the light blue effects), I know they are most likely gonna camp / buy bow --> I rush them.

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
I don't experience this problem, and also I would like to point out a positive thing about these fireworks effects.

You can see from a huge distance if someone upgrades their generator. This can give strategic advantages, for example if I see someone upgrade their diamond generator (the light blue effects), I know they are most likely gonna camp / buy bow --> I rush them.
But, you can also use sound to listen out for someone upgrading their gens.

T

The Lord Pleb

I use optifine, so this does not bother me, but I agree that this should be added, for people who do not use optifine.

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
The firework from upgrading a generator has been reduced, players do not longer get any major lag spikes. If it's still an issue in the future, I'll get the effect changed. Thanks! :D

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom