Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you want to see from emerald generators?

• Team upgrades (Permanent potion effects like strength and haste)

Votes: 71 65.1%
  • Temporary effects (Potions like speed for a limited amount of time, like 5 mins)

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • Random powerful items

Votes: 36 33.0%
  • They are fine as they currently are

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Other (Please explain by replying to this thread)

Votes: 9 8.3%

• Total voters

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
I'm going to tag absolutely everyone that commented on this post so that this post gets everyone's attention. It's going to be a completely alternative option.
@Nikoshka @Jackxist @Luminated Underpants @Fariss @10Joethegamer01 @Scottness @DontFearMe @1arthur10 @HangarGeek @DodelijkeNoob @iCheeetah

I know there's no way I'll convince you but: @Dotsially

Continuing: @Ahs_Master @lars.l @TheBrownster904 @TriangleAttack @_TheBigPunisher_ @NoMercyBroken @Soeshi @Perdei @ItsDavey_ @Jefsweatsgames
@HScrozzy @ElPtricko @Wintrie

The man @rubik_cube_man

Continuing: @BeastyIsPvp @Siftenly @iTzDavid12

And the two people I need the most: @KronosReeper @Gainfullterror

Instead of encouraging an extremely broken strategy, how about we reward people that instead of mindlessly camping mid, take risks to try to take control of another island!

Let me explain a game I was in. I explained this in my "Mid Camping" thread as well.

The first game like this was on a game of dwarven, normal and normal as usual. I chose blue team and attacked red with a wood sword and nothing else. I got them by surprise and easily wiped them clean. Seeing that orange was fighting over iron, a grabbed leather and quickly speed bridged over to orange. Another easy team elimination. We were only about 3-4 minutes into the game. Seeing that green was doing a bit better, I decided to use orange's mid bridge to gear up a bit. But I was stopped by pink! Now understand - we had complete control of our own base, red, and orange. But because pink held just one island - middle - they had a complete monopoly over resource control. Green was a fairly good team - they too were trying to attack pink but were not having any success as they didn't rush anyone and had to get out of their own island (they had a bridge to mid). Yellow was proving to be no help as they were just loading up on obsidian.

So, my first plan of action was to try to help green out of bit as they were dead stuck at their home island (it's way worse if you try to mid rush instead of making sure you have an escape by rushing another team). In order to do this, I attempted an attack on yellow. I went to orange, having to avoid lots of power bow shots, and went up the tower to try to get to the "hand" of the dwarven statue. I then went to yellow atop the statue. Now, you're probably asking why I didn't try at pink's egg. First off, someone was at pink's base - the exact setup @Gainfullterror was describing and they were extremely stacked. I took out yellow easily and got out of there so green could come over. Now I needed a plan of action against pink. I was completely clueless. Despite having control of four bases and completely eliminating three teams, we still had almost nothing compared to pink - just because they took control of ONE island!

We obviously lost that game. We had no chance with how stacked they were - they attacked us a little bit after I took over yellow.

Make sure you completely read that game above before commenting. Here's the suggestion. Instead of encouraging a horribly broken strategy, instead we should find a way to encourage rushing. Here's the suggestion to do this. Have a system which rewards 2 points for an egg break and 1 point for FINAL kills. In the area on the right, it would show something like this:

Leads:
Blue ✓ 4

Green ✓ 4
Pink ✓ 4

Yellow X 3

Now, you're probably wondering "Well, what would these people get?" Well, I'm not sure exactly. I need more feedback on to decide what to give the team leading - just make sure if you give an idea it's better or equal to what you can get by camping mid!

Now you're also probably thinking "This would encourage mindless rushing by the best player on the team!" Not so fast there. If someone dies, their points are instantly given to the player that killed them. This WOULD encourage teamwork as you should divide the kills evenly so that if one person dies, it's no big deal.

Now, ties are broken through a simple system. First, it goes by the total number of kills. If that's tied, it will go by number of resources collected - whoever collected less will have the lead.

Pros:
- Eliminates mid camping - there's something that can put you in a stronger position!
- Encourages people to take risks at the beginning of the game
- Encourages teamwork
- Harms base campers - there's no need to waste time going to mid gearing up!
- Requires people to be careful at all times
- Discourages people that wait until there is one team left to attack
- Offers side objectives
- Need to watch all angles - you'll never know if you're being attacked

Neutral (People won't agree on if it's good or bad):
- Improves the usefulness of rushing
- Speeds games up
- Discourages people from going to mid

Cons:
- Places rushing as the strongest strategy instead of taking your time
- Some others I can't think of

Leave feedback below - by the way this doesn't need to be added to every map.

I really love this idea. Thanks for coming up with that.
To be honest, I've played the role as Pink in your game. Running to the middle and grabbing a punch bow, after that I am basically a guard keeping every player in their cell (or base). "Oh, you wanna build to Green? Nope! *Shoot Off*"
Obviously you would win that game once every teamate gets incredibly stacked. But, the only way I have died in that situation is by rushers. They come in on a seemingly invisible bridge and take out the egg and any players not paying attention.

I think it'd be amazing to add this andnynd try it out to a common team eggwars map. Maybe even make a new mode of this kind of gameplay (probably not).

HarryTheLlama

Jun 4, 2017
1812 St Peters Ave.
I feel like they need a slight improvement. I think just adding the temporary potion effects would be good enough. Permanent potion effects would be way to overpowered, and would ruin the game.

Tim Brockway

Hey fellow CubeCrafters!

Emerald Generators!

We believe that Emerald generators could be greatly improved from what they currently are to be much more beneficial to players who put the time into gather the Emeralds from the middle. We've had some ideas, however we don't know what YOU want, so we'd like you to share your to ideas help us improve them!

As a staff team, we have discussed the following:

- Team upgrades (Permanent potion effects like strength and haste)
- Temporary effects (Potions like speed for a limited amount of time, like 5 mins)
- Random powerful items (Such as feather falling diamond boots)

Also, from current suggestions we’ve got the idea to make emeralds spawn faster and make the range you have to be in much larger at the middle.

The thing we'd like to achieve with Emerald generators is rewarding teams for holding the middle of the map. The longer that you hold the middle for the greater the rewards. This should hopefully stop those annoying campers from chilling on their islands for the whole game.

However, we need YOUR feedback on what we could add to make them even more desirable and eggciting!
Please post below what YOU would like to see from emerald generators and perhaps your suggestion may be added to a future EggWars update! :D

Have an egg-cracking day!
- Cubecraft staff team

NOTE: This thread is meant to gather feedback from the community regarding emerald generators. Please do not comment with off-topic posts. Off-topic post on this thread WILL be deleted and you may be reply banned from the thread. If you have any other suggestions/discussion regarding Eggwars, then feel free to create a thread in the eggwars section of the forums.

+ 1 for 1, 2 and 3, It would be really awesome if all were implemented, but if it was only one I'd pick number 1.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I never asked for *vomits* more knockback weapons. Just more maps with emerald gens
Well emeralds are used for special items. Items like named armor or weapons. It is entirely possible (and probable) that knock back items would be a part of those special items. Other annoying additions would be poison arrows or instant damage arrows. Sorry, but I really don't more emerald gens.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #51-
One two-story stronghold library has 233 bookshelves, and if you break them, you will get 699 books (approximate).
Kazwa wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thanks for everything!
The Forums was super glitched out earlier xD
img_5358-png.230114

IMG_5359.png

img_5360-png.230116

A simple refresh and then everything was back to normal :)
Eli wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!!!
Tripleee wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom