Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you want this map on Cubecraft?

• Total voters
Apr 1, 2021

Eggwars Map: Market

Hello!
I really like to play Eggwars Teams of Two with my friend, so much so that we decided to have a go at making our own map. We started the build about a year ago but then took a huge break from building it, only finishing the map about 3 months ago. Since then I have just procrastinated and I'm only just showcasing it now. I am aware that map submissions are closed however I thought it a waste of time to not at least share the map that I have made. There is a video about the map linked at the end of this post, don't miss it!

📸 Images

Minecraft 21_11_2021 19_10_57.png
Minecraft 21_11_2021 19_12_29.png
Minecraft 21_11_2021 19_12_38.png
Minecraft 21_11_2021 19_12_48.png
Minecraft 21_11_2021 19_12_58.png
Minecraft 21_11_2021 19_13_07.png

🎞️ Video

I made a short video explaining some of the reasoning behind decisions we made. I'd really appreciate it if you took a look!

Frontlane

the person below me is cute
Team CubeCraft
🙌 Helper
Jul 20, 2017
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
It's beautiful! Gameplaywise I can't really judge as I don't play EggWars that often, but I can tell you, it looks very nice (especially with the shaders 😁)!

Reactions: Eggnauts TdashJ
Apr 1, 2021
Looks great!
Thank you!

Cool map! Also I really like the shaders
Thanks, the pack is Kelly’s RTX but only version 1, there’s now a second version.

It's beautiful! Gameplaywise I can't really judge as I don't play EggWars that often, but I can tell you, it looks very nice (especially with the shaders 😁)!
Thank you! We spent quite some time deciding on small changes to make to tweak how it looked, we’re pleased with how it turned out :D

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

Hello!
I really like to play Eggwars Teams of Two with my friend, so much so that we decided to have a go at making our own map. We started the build about a year ago but then took a huge break from building it, only finishing the map about 3 months ago. Since then I have just procrastinated and I'm only just showcasing it now. I am aware that map submissions are closed however I thought it a waste of time to not at least share the map that I have made. There is a video about the map linked at the end of this post, don't miss it!

📸 Images

View attachment 203515View attachment 203516View attachment 203517View attachment 203518View attachment 203519View attachment 203520

🎞️ Video

I made a short video explaining some of the reasoning behind decisions we made. I'd really appreciate it if you took a look!

Cool map! However a few tips and things I noticed:

-The water is a nice touch, however, it looks a little messy, you could layer it, by adding different layers of glass under one another, and making the one layer less random. You could also lower it a whole block so it looks more realistic.

-The underneath of the islands could be smoothed out a little, instead of using the same color as the top of the island perhaps a rocky andesite and cobblestone layers could be nice? Additionally, I think the team colors could be represented by a long fence post line with wool to make it look like multiple banners. (Kind of what you have going on in the middle)

-For the middle, it feels a little underwhelming. The theme is market, so it would be nice to maybe see some stands with items, and things like that. What you have now is ok, but it needs to feel a little more alive and "interactable" if you understand my meaning.

-The final thing I'll mention for aesthetics is the trees. I don't know which type of tree you are aiming for however, the current trees look a little droopy like a willow. I'd recommend trying to make palm trees. They would require the leaves to be a bit more springy and the tree itself to be taller and less hunched. I'd also recommend changing the biome if possible to jungle to make the leaves more colorful.

-Gameplay-wise the main issue I have is the map is too small. The generators, shop, and spawn take away a lot of building space, in addition, PVP may be difficult or annoying as the islands are just too small. The half middle is fine, and the middle is a little all over the place. While I like you can travel up and down areas with relative ease, you'd want the players to use this in certain situations, the main focus should be the generators and the combat on the ground, running all around could cause stalls and be sometimes annoying for players.

Overall, nice build, but it could use some work! If you would like assistance or more advice I would be more than happy to help! <3

SoloWarz

Forum Expert
Sep 18, 2021
Amman, Jordan
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him

Hello!

📸 Images

View attachment 203515View attachment 203516View attachment 203517View attachment 203518View attachment 203519View attachment 203520

🎞️ Video

Why not suggest this in the Feedback and suggestion, it looks FANTASTIC!!

Reactions: Eggnauts TdashJ
Apr 1, 2021
Cool map! However a few tips and things I noticed:

-The water is a nice touch, however, it looks a little messy, you could layer it, by adding different layers of glass under one another, and making the one layer less random. You could also lower it a whole block so it looks more realistic.

-The underneath of the islands could be smoothed out a little, instead of using the same color as the top of the island perhaps a rocky andesite and cobblestone layers could be nice? Additionally, I think the team colors could be represented by a long fence post line with wool to make it look like multiple banners. (Kind of what you have going on in the middle)

-For the middle, it feels a little underwhelming. The theme is market, so it would be nice to maybe see some stands with items, and things like that. What you have now is ok, but it needs to feel a little more alive and "interactable" if you understand my meaning.

-The final thing I'll mention for aesthetics is the trees. I don't know which type of tree you are aiming for however, the current trees look a little droopy like a willow. I'd recommend trying to make palm trees. They would require the leaves to be a bit more springy and the tree itself to be taller and less hunched. I'd also recommend changing the biome if possible to jungle to make the leaves more colorful.

-Gameplay-wise the main issue I have is the map is too small. The generators, shop, and spawn take away a lot of building space, in addition, PVP may be difficult or annoying as the islands are just too small. The half middle is fine, and the middle is a little all over the place. While I like you can travel up and down areas with relative ease, you'd want the players to use this in certain situations, the main focus should be the generators and the combat on the ground, running all around could cause stalls and be sometimes annoying for players.

Overall, nice build, but it could use some work! If you would like assistance or more advice I would be more than happy to help! <3
Thank you for the feedback! I have discussed his with my friend and we intend to revise the map involving some of these suggestions as well as some other changes we’ve thought of.

• Love
Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Catss

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 1, 2021
The moon
Amazing map! I feel like mid could be a bit larger, but other then that it look great :)

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.