Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

iiJoris_

Sep 15, 2017
Belgium
I have to agree with you, bow is extremely broken, no skill weapon and the price is ridiculous taking into account that shield is 30 diamonds.
A no skill wheapon, in what way?
I don't understand why people think u don't need skill for it. If someone is using a bow he is a noob then? Just kill him cuz he is a noob lol.

Reactions: Shallidor

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Its 32 for full iron and a diamond sword.
And whats the 10 gold for?

A chain helmet has the same durability and armor rating as an iron helmet, that's why you can skip the iron helmet (-5 diamonds) and buy chain instead (10 gold).

Just think about how Eggwars is intended. Eggwars is supposed to be a strategic game, it's not just building to an island, fight, repeat. If that's what you prefer, I recommend you to play Skywars.
As a strategic game, there are multiple strategies viable to win a game and it's just what you prefer. I for example prefer to leave my egg alone, rush mid for iron gear and diamonds sword and then eliminate players. Other people have other strategies and that's prefectly fine.
There is no reason to nerf a strategy just because you can't fight against it. Just use the same strategy or select a strategy to counter it.
If you see someone upgrade their diamond generator, they're likely to get a bow/gear -> rush them.
Besides, the higher price of golden apples is already a nerf for people who use bows.

TL;DR: Go play Skywars or accept that the bow is a viable strategy.

Reactions: Sweetenerera

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
A chain helmet has the same durability and armor rating as an iron helmet, that's why you can skip the iron helmet (-5 diamonds) and buy chain instead (10 gold).

Just think about how Eggwars is intended. Eggwars is supposed to be a strategic game, it's not just building to an island, fight, repeat. If that's what you prefer, I recommend you to play Skywars.
As a strategic game, there are multiple strategies viable to win a game and it's just what you prefer. I for example prefer to leave my egg alone, rush mid for iron gear and diamonds sword and then eliminate players. Other people have other strategies and that's prefectly fine.
There is no reason to nerf a strategy just because you can't fight against it. Just use the same strategy or select a strategy to counter it.
If you see someone upgrade their diamond generator, they're likely to get a bow/gear -> rush them.
Besides, the higher price of golden apples is already a nerf for people who use bows.

TL;DR: Go play Skywars or accept that the bow is a viable strategy.
i do accept it as a strategy but what i am trying to say is it doesn't take as much skill as it does to use a sword so nerf it. i am fine with the power bows just the punch bow. golden apples were a nerf to bow sides. more to the people who mainly use a sword than to the side that uses a bow.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
i do accept it as a strategy but what i am trying to say is it doesn't take as much skill as it does to use a sword so nerf it. i am fine with the power bows just the punch bow. golden apples were a nerf to bow sides. more to the people who mainly use a sword than to the side that uses a bow.

Just because one strategy is easier than the other, doesn't mean that it should be nerfed.
Also, golden apples price increase is a lot worse for bowspammers. If you attack a bowspammer with a sword, he'll get low health and need to gap, but the person with the sword will hardly take damage, because the punch bow relies on knockback and not on damage.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
but what i am trying to say is it doesn't take as much skill as it does to use a sword so nerf it.
Find a player. Left click. Wait. Left click again.
Yes. Much more skill then holding right click, poiting it at someone, and letting go of right click. Just because, according to you, it involves less skill, doesn't mean it should be nerfed.

i am fine with the power bows just the punch bow
Power can be just as OP as punch, if you just keep bow spamming the person right in front of you. If you're good at it, and you have some bow skills, you can make sure the other person can't even come close to you.

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
Yes. Much more skill then holding right click, poiting it at someone, and letting go of right click. Just because, according to you, it involves less skill, doesn't mean it should be nerfed.

Power can be just as OP as punch, if you just keep bow spamming the person right in front of you. If you're good at it, and you have some bow skills, you can make sure the other person can't even come close to you.
i have played thousands of games and noone has ever been able to do that
fyi i will test this later.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
i have played thousands of games and noone has ever been able to do that
fyi i will test this later.

Actually, I used to play a lot of solo eggwars when the main mode was still normal items. I would prefer a power I bow over the punch bow, because it's cheaper and super powerful against unenchanted leather/iron armor. You could kill someone with full iron in 5 shots if the person doesn't watch their health. But when it comes to overpowered items, the main mode nowadays, the power V isn't as useful against the protection IV armor.

Reactions: Sweetenerera

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
Solution: if The opponent is within 15 blocks of you, the bow does 50% knockback. Then, bowspamming is less viable, and the punch bow retains its strength, as you can still snipe people from afar.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Solution: if The opponent is within 15 blocks of you, the bow does 50% knockback. Then, bowspamming is less viable, and the punch bow retains its strength, as you can still snipe people from afar.

That sounds like a ton of programming for something that probably wouldn't fix the problem some people have with it, because 50% reduced knockback is still at least 1.5 blocks, that's still a considerable knockback if you spam your arrows.

Reactions: SpringWarz

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
That sounds like a ton of programming for something that probably wouldn't fix the problem some people have with it, because 50% reduced knockback is still at least 1.5 blocks, that's still a considerable knockback if you spam your arrows.
A normal punch 1 bow does 6.75 blocks of knockback. So you will still be knocked 3.1425 blocks which is still a considerable amount. Facts need to be correct please.
a punch 2 will do 10.55 blocks of knockback.

Last edited:

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
A normal punch 1 bow does 6.75 blocks of knockback. So you will still be knocked 3.1425 blocks which is still a considerable amount. Facts need to be correct please.
a punch 2 will do 10.55 blocks of knockback.

Facts need to be correct please? Now this certainly is an interesting 'fact' you stated, because each level of punch adds 3 blocks knockback. So punch I will do 3 extra blocks knockback and punch II will do 6 extra blocks knockback. Of course the normal knockback of the bow has to be taken into account as well, but that will never add up to 6.75 / 10.55 blocks knockback.

Source: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Punch

I'd love to see your source for the facts you stated.

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
Facts need to be correct please? Now this certainly is an interesting 'fact' you stated, because each level of punch adds 3 blocks knockback. So punch I will do 3 extra blocks knockback and punch II will do 6 extra blocks knockback. Of course the normal knockback of the bow has to be taken into account as well, but that will never add up to 6.75 / 10.55 blocks knockback.

Source: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Punch

I'd love to see your source for the facts you stated.
my source is years of testing. i have a guide that isnt yet released to the public that has every type of pvp strat every type of mc science eg kb taken every pvp type etc. and anyway bowing takes less skill than using a sword.

Last edited:

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
my source is years of testing. i have a guide that isnt yet released to the public that has every type of pvp strat every type of mc science eg kb taken every pvp type etc. and anyway bowing takes less skill than using a sword.

Hmm, weird. When I test it in singleplayer, punch I seems do about 3 - 3.5 blocks knockback (I charged the bow as little as possible), like the wiki also said. Whatever, the wiki must be wrong and your years of testing right.

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
Hmm, weird. When I test it in singleplayer, punch I seems do about 3 - 3.5 blocks knockback (I charged the bow as little as possible), like the wiki also said. Whatever, the wiki must be wrong and your years of testing right.
Finally people are realising wikis are not always correct.

Reactions: ChickenLovesMe
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom