Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

dentoffe

Oct 21, 2016
Hey
Today I would like to make a suggestion for Eggwars.
In my opinion there should be a messages send to all team players that the egg is protected with Obsidian. This would help because on some map the egg is kinda far from the spawn and so it's stupid that you always need to go check if the egg has full obsidian.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
In my opinion there should be a messages send to all team players that the egg is protected with Obsidian. This would help because on some map the egg is kinda far from the spawn and so it's stupid that you always need to go check if the egg has full obsidian.
I do agree to this suggestion, but the only down side is that it may be hard to code and it might notify you falsely that there is obsidian around your egg meaning an enemy placed/broke a piece of obsidian because sometimes they tend to barricade themselves in obsidian so it might notify the team and completely ruin eggwars :(
BUT the solution is that it notifies the team only ONCE per-game, but again the problem of difficulty to code... and some maps need less than 5 obsidian to barricade the egg (e.g treehouse) meaning a completely new plugin must be made just for those maps...

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Hey
I don't think this is a good idea. It is a part of the strategy of the game to try to hid the fact that you have obsidian (or no obsidian) from other people. I believe it would also spam everyone in game. To clarify, on the larger maps, such as pizza, and if it is op, almost everyone will be buying full obsidian. That would completely spam the chat with Team A Has Full Obsidian. Sorry, but -1 for me, great suggestion though :)

dentoffe

Oct 21, 2016
I do agree to this suggestion, but the only down side is that it may be hard to code and it might notify you falsely that there is obsidian around your egg meaning an enemy placed/broke a piece of obsidian because sometimes they tend to barricade themselves in obsidian so it might notify the team and completely ruin eggwars :(
BUT the solution is that it notifies the team only ONCE per-game, but again the problem of difficulty to code... and some maps need less than 5 obsidian to barricade the egg (e.g treehouse) meaning a completely new plugin must be made just for those maps...
PHP:
@Override
    public void onEnable()
    {
        getServer().getPluginManager().registerEvents(this, this);
    }
    HashMap<String, Integer> teams = new HashMap<String, Integer>();
    @EventHandler
    public void onPlayerBlockPlace (BlockPlaceEvent e) {
        Block b = e.getBlockPlaced();
        if (b.getType() == Material.OBSIDIAN) {
        String blockloc = b.getLocation().getBlockX() + ":" + b.getLocation().getBlockY() + ":" + b.getLocation().getBlockZ() ;
        switch (blockloc) {
        case "10:100:87":
            teams.put("blue", teams.get("blue") + 1);
            break;
        case "8:100:87":
            break;
        case "9:100:86":
            break;
        case "11:100:86":
            break;
        case "11:100:85":
            break;
        default:
            break;
        }
        if (teams.get("blue") == 5) {
            //send message to players
        }
        }
    }
There you go ;) it's really easy works the same as the diamond generators work or the villager ;)
I don't think this is a good idea. It is a part of the strategy of the game to try to hid the fact that you have obsidian (or no obsidian) from other people. I believe it would also spam everyone in game. To clarify, on the larger maps, such as pizza, and if it is op, almost everyone will be buying full obsidian. That would completely spam the chat with Team A Has Full Obsidian. Sorry, but -1 for me, great suggestion though :)
No it should only be send to the team like it's now with generators there is no point that it only send its for a generator that got upgrade ;)

Reactions: CommunistCactus

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
PHP:
@Override
    public void onEnable()
    {
    }
    @EventHandler
        String blockloc = b.getLocation().getBlockX() + ":" + b.getLocation().getBlockY() + ":" + b.getLocation().getBlockZ() ;
        switch (blockloc) {
            break;
            break;
            break;
            break;
            break;
        default:
            break;
        }
        }
        }
    }
There you go ;) it's really easy works the same as the diamond generators work or the villager ;)
i am no super expert on commands but if it is that easy then sure why not :D
but again it should only notify the team ONCE

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
If it's easy, could you create a serie of commands for this??
You should know that Developers have much work to do and your suggestion (eevn though is good) is a bit unnecessary

Nov 12, 2016
Delco, Pennsylvania
Hey
  1. Hard to code
  2. Ruins game strategy

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
PHP:
@Override
    public void onEnable()
    {
    }
    @EventHandler
        switch (blockloc) {
            break;
            break;
            break;
            break;
            break;
        default:
            break;
        }
        }
        }
    }

No it should only be send to the team like it's now with generators there is no point that it only send its for a generator that got upgrade ;)
Oh, I see. I misunderstood it for sending the message to every team. But I still don't think it is necessary. If a team mate gets full obsidian, they should just say in chat, "Full obby." There is no point in the developers adding this when people could just be great team mates and say it. Sorry for the misunderstanding :P

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Take 30 seconds to run back and make sure everything is fine.
Or you could use this magical invention called a team chat and ask.
Ever heard of team chat? It's very useful and you can use it to get this information.
Literally this.
I know that, but for some people, they can't really speak the same language as their team, so it might be useful for some...
Or in the pre game just ask if they speak ____ language.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
Take 30 seconds to run back and make sure everything is fine.
Or you could use this magical invention called a team chat and ask.

Literally this.

What if someone speaks different languages and doesn't know any English. I mean, someone who speaks Español probably, doesn't know a lot of English. That isn't honestly a good argument..

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
What if someone speaks different languages and doesn't know any English. I mean, someone who speaks Español probably, doesn't know a lot of English. That isn't honestly a good argument..
If they respond with a "what" in a foreign language, it's probably safe to assume they don't speak English. And if they don't respond at all, communication is basically thrown out the window and you'll most likely (unfortunately) be doing the majority of the work.

EDIT: Or if you really want to, download Optifine. If someone doesn't want to, that's their missed opportunity.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
If they respond with a "what" in a foreign language, it's probably safe to assume they don't speak English. And if they don't respond at all, communication is basically thrown out the window and you'll most likely (unfortunately) be doing the majority of the work.
Well, you're saying that you can just ask the team mate what language you speak. I mean, this is a good feature.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Well, you're saying that you can just ask the team mate what language you speak. I mean, this is a good feature.
You speak?...
You should ask them what language they speak? And if they don't speak your language just try coordinating to the best of your ability. Or just be the responsible teammate and cover the egg yourself.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
You speak?...
You should ask them what language they speak? And if they don't speak your language just try coordinating to the best of your ability. Or just be the responsible teammate and cover the egg yourself.
Well, what if the team mate doesn't know there there's obsidian and wants to protect the egg. I mean, this is only making the game better. How os this bad in any way?

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
I would say that it will only be said once during the whole game after the 5 first obsidian blocks are placed in the RIGHT place. Ex. In Underdasea you need to cover the bottom of some locks to put the obsidian correctly. Luckily I'm a Obsidian rank so I can just place myself. :)

And I think that this is an easy job for our AWESOME team of Jr. Developers and Developers!

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

vPhaseAsu wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
i saw you in game earlier!
Thjis wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!
UncleSpect wrote on Ivaann's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Shainted's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
GiGaGekkies wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd
Top Bottom