Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

larswijn

Dedicated Member
I know that, but for some people, they can't really speak the same language as their team, so it might be useful for some...
Which makes having such a message do nothing either...

Well, what if the team mate doesn't know there there's obsidian and wants to protect the egg. I mean, this is only making the game better. How os this bad in any way?
Then you have a stupid teammate that doesnt check the egg first.
I do like the suggestion though, but this isnt really a valid argument...

-1 i like the surprise aspect plus if they brought extra junk they lose it all if we can kill them including rescources
Because I like the fact I can kill teammates? (It's only a message in team chat)

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I am not really in favour of this idea. Firstly, discovering an obsidian-protected egg is completely a mystery. You need to find out yourself, then take appropriate actions to stop that. Secondly, it would ruin the whole point of covering your obsidian with sandstone (some more than others) as people love to overkill, and hide the obsidian.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
What people think this suggestion is:

(Global): Da_Steel_Dragon protected the Green Team's egg with obsidian

What this suggestion actually is:

(Team): Da_Steel_Dragon protected your egg with obsidian

- - -

This wouldn't ruin the tactics of eggy at all - It's just a helpful notification for your team (not the enemy) that you have placed obsidian around your egg. It's just like when you upgrade a generator and it gives credit to whoever upgraded it in the team chat.

I think it's a great idea! As a player who is constantly having to place the obsidian around the egg myself, it would be nice to get the credit for it.

And yes you could just tell your team in chat that you've done it, but after the 50th game of placing obsidian and using chat just to tell them you've done it you're going to sound like a broken record xD so yeh +1 from me :D

Reactions: larswijn

Nevermore

Dec 7, 2016
What about informing the team when the Egg is "Fully" covered?
Example, on Rome you'll need 5 pieces to fully cover the Egg. Informing your team automatically would work, but it'd require some coding to "tell" when the blocks are there. It's honestly much easier saying "Full ob on egg". But we also have muted players to think of.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Well, what if the team mate doesn't know there there's obsidian and wants to protect the egg. I mean, this is only making the game better. How os this bad in any way?
It takes away from the communication that's desperately needed to win in team Eggwars. You shouldn't always be relying on server generated messages to act as the mediator on your team, which I why I was skeptical about the messaging your own team when you upgrade a generator (ironically I think I posed that option somewhere, but I'm having second thoughts).
What about informing the team when the Egg is "Fully" covered?
Example, on Rome you'll need 5 pieces to fully cover the Egg. Informing your team automatically would work, but it'd require some coding to "tell" when the blocks are there. It's honestly much easier saying "Full ob on egg". But we also have muted players to think of.
Muted players did the crime, they should do the time. It's not Cube's responsibility to look after rule-breakers' interests.

Reactions: Nevermore

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
It takes away from the communication that's desperately needed to win in team Eggwars. You shouldn't always be relying on server generated messages to act as the mediator on your team, which I why I was skeptical about the messaging your own team when you upgrade a generator (ironically I think I posed that option somewhere, but I'm having second thoughts).

I hardly think it's taking away from communication - If you're going to communicate and be a team player, you wouldn't rely on server generated messages for everything. Obviously, you are going to warn your teammates when enemies approach etc. This is only one easy little message that tells your team the egg is protected well, that's it.

[QUOTE="TheQueenWaddle, post: 728940, member: 90277"
Muted players did the crime, they should do the time. It's not Cube's responsibility to look after rule-breakers' interests.[/QUOTE]

So you think the whole team should suffer because one player who layed obsidian around the egg happened to be muted? Yeah, seems fair.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
I hardly think it's taking away from communication - If you're going to communicate and be a team player, you wouldn't rely on server generated messages for everything. Obviously, you are going to warn your teammates when enemies approach etc. This is only one easy little message that tells your team the egg is protected well, that's it.

So you think the whole team should suffer because one player who layed obsidian around the egg happened to be muted? Yeah, seems fair.
But by giving these messages you basically do all the communicating for them. It really is that easy; just say in chat "egg has obby". What's next, a message that warns teams when enemies are on their island?
If the player happens to be muted, that's their fault. If you were a team player anyways, you would be periodically checking the egg to make sure it's ok and being the one to tell your team what's happening.

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
Hard to code, for a small amount of almost not useful info. Good idea but I don't know if it's worth the mod's time...

dentoffe

Oct 21, 2016
I am not really in favour of this idea. Firstly, discovering an obsidian-protected egg is completely a mystery. You need to find out yourself, then take appropriate actions to stop that. Secondly, it would ruin the whole point of covering your obsidian with sandstone (some more than others) as people love to overkill, and hide the obsidian.
I think you guys all misunderstood it will not be broadcasted it will just say it to your teammates like it does now with <player> has upgraded your teams diamond gen!

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on matcha's profile.
Happy to see you around! :)
I got my first 20k kills in FFA!:D
20 000 kills in ffa picture 2.png
Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
Top Bottom