Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think this will work?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pandaa

Forum Expert
I definitely suggest you add more depth and detail to your build as right now it looks a bit flat and plain. It doesn't meet the CCG standards, it doesn't have the 'WOW' factor. Personally, I would spend AT LEAST a day working on one island (using worldedit), however it seems like you felt confident and wanted to rush through the builds. Take your time. You have plenty. *cough* summer 2017*

On a second note, now that I see it, you've been working on the map for 5 days and you've already finished around 2 islands. This can be done wayyyyyy before summer 2017.

The theme also isn't that original, I mean, candy, just seems a bit simple and open. Why not Cottoncandy or lolly pop! or something along those lines, the title and the theme just seems a bit vague compared to other 'new' ccg maps.

I do like how you positioned the egg, it seems very strategical as players have to climb to get to it, which could be very annoying, however also useful too.

Not trying to be harsh or anything, this is constructive feedback which you can use.

Thanks,
Pandaa__

EDIT: Also after reading through the comments, it seems like you can't take harsh feedback that well, just understand that we're trying to help you improve your map, we're not purposely commenting on your thread because "WHY NOT" nope. We want to help, you should appreciate that.

I

iDontPlayMinecraft.exe

I love the center but it would work more for Skywars better, my advice take away the chests and beds everything else is good.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
I really like your ideas in this map - I love the secret rooms behind pictures and stuff with diamond generators hidden inside and I like how creative you have been filling each room with different cool looking things like the nether portal for example. Good job with that!

My main problem with this map is how it looks in general. I feel only the first two islands (your spawn and the island between the two others) stick to the theme well, where as mid just looks ugly. I don't mean to sound harsh but that's just the truth of it. In my opinion (which isn't worth much xD), if you look at mid from afar the structure just looks a bit unappealing, I think it could be a case of 1 too many different blocks clashing together and not enough patterning (idk if that a word or not, but it is now).

If this was my build I'd try to concentrate more on giving the walls more depth and style - If you compare this to some of the builds here: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/minecraft-creations.22/ you can see how they added certain blocks and patterns into their walls to add depth, which is important in a build.

I would remove a couple things from your palette like the birch fence and the brown mushroom blocks, and then maybe switch the red mushroom blocks and the pink and red clay around.

This is so it looks like the stronger, more eye grabbing colour (red with spots stand out a lot more than smooth pink clay) is on the bottom of the build instead of the middle which makes more sense to me. It would only look right with the stronger colour holding up the weaker/blander colour if you get what I mean. It'd also mean the red mushroom pattern would be broken up a bit more interestingly instead of making one big wall of it!

I also think you should remove all the chiseled quartz inside. It's doesn't look like it belongs with the theme and it makes the walls inside looks a bit messy. Maybe replace it with purple wool or the yellow clay that you have been using? That could work.

There are some things that look great though! The candy canes and lollipops are fun, the roof is really cool, and the spawning islands look pretty well done overall. Like I said earlier the ideas are great, it's just some of the aesthetics that are letting the map down!

If you'd like my help building any of this, just pm me and if I'm available I'll lend a helping hand :D

Above all, keep working on it! Don't let my comments dishearten you, they are just suggestions to improve it so it gets accepted by Cube, as I'd really like to fight on this map! So yeh, keep it up : P

Reactions: Yamin
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on llvqs's profile.
Thank you for the follow! Also have a good redt of your day/night today!:D
I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Screenshot 2024-04-27 012708.png

what-? I won 1st place but then got 2nd place...?
GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Top Bottom