Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
I don't really know how to introduce this topic so... rip.
I would like to suggest adding generator beacon effects, basically for the price of 2 stacks of diamonds (op buffs come at op prices.) on normal and OP mode (not hardcore because... too easy.) you can sub-upgrade a generator to give you a potion effect when you are on your own island. Iron would give you speed, gold would be jump boost, and diamond would be resistance(all of them could change.), every sub-upgrade would be capped at 3 levels giving you a max level of 3 for whatever effect you have, you can have more than one effect at once, and say you have 2 generators (common for 2 iron generators per island) you can increase both to max level 3 to get the combined max for 4, it cannot go higher then that. I feel like this could also help people guard their egg from pesky intruders... Please give me your opinions on this, is it good or bad, op or too weak, thanks :)

Reactions: SkoodyDood

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
Not really, I just thought this would be a fun concept to help people defend their own eggs, and honestly I've pretty much given up on anti-camp methods by now, no matter what they do, add, or remove, there will always be campers, you can't deny that fact.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I think this a really cool idea, but as said above, it would greatly encourage camping. And while there might not be a way to eliminate campers, we can at least not add things to promote camping. Great idea though!

Reactions: MooTa

TheLucian

Forum Expert
Dec 29, 2015
:D
This could encourage camping but this is a really cool Idea. Maybe you only get it when you spawn in.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Maybe you only get the effects if you upgrade a generator at mid, to get people wawy from their island.

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
I think it's time to get one thing straight. Honestly, I do dislike campers, they really irritate me when they do whatever they can to either annoy you / waste your time / try to live even though there is no hope and I do not support them at all. Despite that, the fact is, camping IS a strategy, "Good things come to those who wait" and I honestly think waiting at your island to get the necessary resources to beat your opponent is a pretty important fact in gameplay. Generally, I just put on a full leather suit and stone axe and charge to mid. Sometimes, I see people who took the time "Camping" at their island gathering up gold to get a better weapon, and I die. Also, I see a pretty fine line between the example I just gave and the one at the start of this "do whatever they can to either annoy you / waste your time / try to live even though there is no hope", if they are camping at their island though, it would be a strategic play, if they are doing it elsewhere, example sky basing, they are trying to waste your time or something. I support strategic gameplay, so to be honest, wether "camping" is bad or not depends on what the user is trying to do. Camping at your island trying to bow people off, again, would be "strategic" gameplay, if you can't win you need every advantage you have to beat your opponent, those are the basic rules of war.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I think it's time to get one thing straight. Honestly, I do dislike campers, they really irritate me when they do whatever they can to either annoy you / waste your time / try to live even though there is no hope and I do not support them at all. Despite that, the fact is, camping IS a strategy, "Good things come to those who wait" and I honestly think waiting at your island to get the necessary resources to beat your opponent is a pretty important fact in gameplay. Generally, I just put on a full leather suit and stone axe and charge to mid. Sometimes, I see people who took the time "Camping" at their island gathering up gold to get a better weapon, and I die. Also, I see a pretty fine line between the example I just gave and the one at the start of this "do whatever they can to either annoy you / waste your time / try to live even though there is no hope", if they are camping at their island though, it would be a strategic play, if they are doing it elsewhere, example sky basing, they are trying to waste your time or something. I support strategic gameplay, so to be honest, wether "camping" is bad or not depends on what the user is trying to do. Camping at your island trying to bow people off, again, would be "strategic" gameplay, if you can't win you need every advantage you have to beat your opponent, those are the basic rules of war.
Camping is a strategy, and a good one at that, but I believe it crosses a line when you never leave your base. For example, a person has only left their island to collect a few diamonds, then retreats, breaks their bridge, and then proceeds to camp until the end of the game. That is crossing the line. The person is fully geared, and pretty much has an advantage over or at least the same chance of winning as the few people left. Yet they won't fight. They make the game last hours just because they won't leave their island. That is the type of camping I want removed.

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
Camping is a strategy, and a good one at that, but I believe it crosses a line when you never leave your base. For example, a person has only left their island to collect a few diamonds, then retreats, breaks their bridge, and then proceeds to camp until the end of the game. That is crossing the line. The person is fully geared, and pretty much has an advantage over or at least the same chance of winning as the few people left. Yet they won't fight. They make the game last hours just because they won't leave their island. That is the type of camping I want removed.
When they camp at their island and already have full gear and stuff like you say, that is the kind of camping that wastes everybody's time, and I agree, that is what I don't support either, unfortunately there is NO way to stop people from camping.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
Thunder wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!
Thjis wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy Bday Skate 🎉
Top Bottom