Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ItzJustNiels

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2020
Netherlands
Hello, today I came up with a suggestion to make duels more alive.

First suggestion:
Add a 1.16+ duels version so we can have proper axe and shield duels, netherite duels, crystal duels and more. This will bring way more kinds of duels with It, and will attract more players.

Second suggestion:
Add an extra menu where you can choose from peoples custom duels so people don't have to send a duel invitation to everyone in the lobby in the hopes that someone will accept It.

Third suggestion:
I already made a thread about this, but I'll say It again here. Add a winstreak counter and/or leaderboard so you can see what winstreak you're on. There should be a daily winstreak leaderboard, maybe monthly and a lifetime winstreak leaderboard.

Fourth suggestion:
Let us select maps we want to duel in with custom duels. It's really annoying when you get a map that you don't like, or a laggy map.

Edit:
Fifth suggestion:
Different kinds of gamemodes for example an eggwars duels, with a few islands, generators, kits you can choose etc. Skywars, with a few islands, chests you can loot, kits you can choose etc. Maybe sumo as someone In discord requested. And more kinds of duels. (suggestions are always welcome)

If you don't agree with me, please tell me why.

Last edited:

Siza

Nov 11, 2018
I really like your second and third suggestion. I think adding those would indeed make duels better. I dont really know what it would look like if its added, but thats not my concern anyway.

As for the other two, I play on 1.12.2 and not on 1.16+ so adding netherite items in duels wouldn't benefit me at all, I honestly think they should not add this because of not everyone playing 1.16+
The map selection I dont really know what to think about. I dont hate or love any maps so that is fine in my opinion. But if people are supposed to select a map aswell queueing might take a while. Maybe a map preference would be better, but honestly I think you can just leave if you dont like the map.

ItzJustNiels

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2020
Netherlands
The map selection I dont really know what to think about. I dont hate or love any maps so that is fine in my opinion. But if people are supposed to select a map aswell queueing might take a while. Maybe a map preference would be better, but honestly I think you can just leave if you dont like the map.
I meant only have map selection In custom duels. I'll edit my thread to make It a bit more obvious. I also thought it wouldnt be very smart to have a map selection in normal duels because the time you would have to wait would increase by alot.
As for the other two, I play on 1.12.2 and not on 1.16+ so adding netherite items in duels wouldn't benefit me at all, I honestly think they should not add this because of not everyone playing 1.16+

They should add like a mode for 1.12 with all of the duels that are available now, and one for 1.16+ with kits that are only available in 1.16+ for example netherite and crystal. Also custom duels should have the option to be for all versions or only 1.16+. If you choose all versions you can't use netherite, and In 1.16+ you can. Depending on what version you're on you can see which duels are available for you.

• Agree
Reactions: Amazinq

PaperKnight13

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2021
Barcelona, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I do like the idea of a sumo and skywars duels, and being able to select maps in custom kits, but I'm not so convinced about the other suggestions...

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
Hello, today I came up with a suggestion to make duels more alive.

First suggestion:
Add a 1.16+ duels version so we can have proper axe and shield duels, netherite duels, crystal duels and more. This will bring way more kinds of duels with It, and will attract more players.

Second suggestion:
Add an extra menu where you can choose from peoples custom duels so people don't have to send a duel invitation to everyone in the lobby in the hopes that someone will accept It.

Third suggestion:
I already made a thread about this, but I'll say It again here. Add a winstreak counter and/or leaderboard so you can see what winstreak you're on. There should be a daily winstreak leaderboard, maybe monthly and a lifetime winstreak leaderboard.

Fourth suggestion:
Let us select maps we want to duel in with custom duels. It's really annoying when you get a map that you don't like, or a laggy map.

Edit:
Fifth suggestion:
Different kinds of gamemodes for example an eggwars duels, with a few islands, generators, kits you can choose etc. Skywars, with a few islands, chests you can loot, kits you can choose etc. Maybe sumo as someone In discord requested. And more kinds of duels. (suggestions are always welcome)

If you don't agree with me, please tell me why.
First off, adding 1.16+ items (such as netherite) could mean that everyone playing would need to play on 1.16+ which sucks because a lot of players (including me) enjoy older versions, due to less lag, and more development in clients for older versions. You can simply right click a player and invite them to a duel, so this is useless. I could see this being added, but I already enjoy the leaderboards that are already in use. I dont see how maps will make a difference, its all flat ground, why should it matter? Due to the lag, I have no issues, try using an older version, or you're using a laggy client.

Alright... This has been suggested several times, starting with my post a while back. Although I think this a great idea, it demands a very well made suggestion, not part of a whole bunch of updates. This would be like creating a whole new games for the developers, and new maps. Its a lot of work, even if it were to get all 25 agrees. We still aren't guaranteed to see it.

• Disagree
Reactions: ItzJustNiels

ItzJustNiels

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2020
Netherlands
First off, adding 1.16+ items (such as netherite) could mean that everyone playing would need to play on 1.16+ which sucks because a lot of players (including me) enjoy older versions, due to less lag, and more development in clients for older versions.
They should add like a mode for 1.12 with all of the duels that are available now, and one for 1.16+ with kits that are only available in 1.16+ for example netherite and crystal. Also custom duels should have the option to be for all versions or only 1.16+. If you choose all versions you can't use netherite, and In 1.16+ you can. Depending on what version you're on you can see which duels are available for you. This way you still have your 1.12 pvp, but people on 1.16 can use netherite.
You can simply right click a player and invite them to a duel, so this is useless.
Yeah but then you send alot of random people an invite even tho they don't want to play. If they made an extra menu for custom duels people who actually want to do duels can play with you instead of sending the whole lobby a duel invite in the hopes of someone accepting.
I could see this being added, but I already enjoy the leaderboards that are already in use.
Extra leaderboards, maybe like when you click on the leaderboards in a corner or something you can toggle which mode you want to see, for example lifetime wins, and then you switch to daily winstreaks leaderboard, or lifetime winstreaks leaderboard. So you will keep the leaderboards you enjoy, but you have extra leaderboards.
I dont see how maps will make a difference, its all flat ground, why should it matter? Due to the lag, I have no issues, try using an older version, or you're using a laggy client.
People with bad PC's have issues with laggy maps. I personally don't feel that much of a difference in maps, but I've heard multiple people complain about some maps being laggy. I don't really like some maps because of the amount of structures being there, so people can just run around It or or when you try to combo someone you combo them against something, and you lose your combo, I've had this alot of times.

• Disagree
Reactions: bwead

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
They should add like a mode for 1.12 with all of the duels that are available now, and one for 1.16+ with kits that are only available in 1.16+ for example netherite and crystal. Also custom duels should have the option to be for all versions or only 1.16+. If you choose all versions you can't use netherite, and In 1.16+ you can. Depending on what version you're on you can see which duels are available for you. This way you still have your 1.12 pvp, but people on 1.16 can use netherite.

Yeah but then you send alot of random people an invite even tho they don't want to play. If they made an extra menu for custom duels people who actually want to do duels can play with you instead of sending the whole lobby a duel invite in the hopes of someone accepting.

Extra leaderboards, maybe like when you click on the leaderboards in a corner or something you can toggle which mode you want to see, for example lifetime wins, and then you switch to daily winstreaks leaderboard, or lifetime winstreaks leaderboard. So you will keep the leaderboards you enjoy, but you have extra leaderboards.

People with bad PC's have issues with laggy maps. I personally don't feel that much of a difference in maps, but I've heard multiple people complain about some maps being laggy. I don't really like some maps because of the amount of structures being there, so people can just run around It or or when you try to combo someone you combo them against something, and you lose your combo, I've had this alot of times.
Doesn't sound like a good idea, CCG will most likely want to keep their focus on games that are playable for everyone, plus nobody likes axe pvp. My point still stands for this one. The thing is, this is already being used on other servers (example: Hypixel duels). If one should care about their winstreak, they can add it up themselves. The thing is CCG bases ALL of their LBs off of wins, I dont see why they would want to do it for one gamemode. This is wrong, I've seen, and have used really bad computers in the past, without any issues. The structures are there for a reason, they can be used as an advantage point in pvp, yes people will run around it, but if you know how to use them, its a huge advantage.

• Disagree

xJupaa

Novice Member
Dec 25, 2021
earth
Pronouns
He/Him
everything exept the 1.16 shield should be added to bedrock too

ItzJustNiels

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2020
Netherlands
If one should care about their winstreak, they can add it up themselves. The thing is CCG bases ALL of their LBs off of wins, I dont see why they would want to do it for one gamemode.
Adding It up yourself is too much effort, and It's not only for duels the leaderboard. I made another thread about winstreak leaderboards for every gamemode, but I put It here for duels only Is because this thread is for a duels update, not leaderboard update.
nobody likes axe pvp.
plenty of people like axe pvp. The current axe pvp on cubecraft is just really glitchy and weird.
My point still stands for this one. The thing is, this is already being used on other servers (example: Hypixel duels).
They want people on cubecraft right? They don't want people to go to hypixel because there's a gamemode there that's not here. And why would It matter that It's also on different servers. Besides, skywars is also on different servers.
This is wrong, I've seen, and have used really bad computers in the past, without any issues. The structures are there for a reason, they can be used as an advantage point in pvp, yes people will run around it, but if you know how to use them, its a huge advantage.
I have still seen people lag in some maps because they are too laggy for their game/pc. It's also nice for people to be able to play on your favorite map in their custom duel. It's also nice if you can pick a map with alot of space, or with structures you know how to use for an advantage. You can also make kits with a really good strategy for a specific map.

• Disagree

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
plenty of people like axe pvp. The current axe pvp on cubecraft is just really glitchy and weird.
Thats because axes are nerfed and I hope they stay that way.
Adding It up yourself is too much effort, and It's not only for duels the leaderboard. I made another thread about winstreak leaderboards for every gamemode, but I put It here for duels only Is because this thread is for a duels update, not leaderboard update.
I and plenty others still prefer the current leaderboards, they're simple and easy, and theres no point as in to why there should be more leaderboards, wins are more important anyways.
They want people on cubecraft right? They don't want people to go to hypixel because there's a gamemode there that's not here. And why would It matter that It's also on different servers. Besides, skywars is also on different servers.
I've seen plenty of suggestions for CCG to have things like Hytrash does, nobody wants CCG to become a 1.12+ version of Hytrash, it could give CCG a bad name, its not the biggest server ever, and having it seem like they copied one of the biggest servers ever could ruin it for all of us. Take a step back and appreciate CCG's uniqueness, look at how much better the community is. Stop trying to make CCG a server that it isn't and wasn't intended to be. I would much rather CCG come out with unique ideas, not this bogus

• Disagree

Siza

Nov 11, 2018
I meant only have map selection In custom duels. I'll edit my thread to make It a bit more obvious. I also thought it wouldnt be very smart to have a map selection in normal duels because the time you would have to wait would increase by alot.
Fair enough, you are able to choose what map you want to play on if you create a custom duels kit tho. In my opinion this should be enough.

They should add like a mode for 1.12 with all of the duels that are available now, and one for 1.16+ with kits that are only available in 1.16+ for example netherite and crystal. Also custom duels should have the option to be for all versions or only 1.16+. If you choose all versions you can't use netherite, and In 1.16+ you can. Depending on what version you're on you can see which duels are available for you.
I think this is very complicated and this might also cause trouble with queueing because people aren't on the same version of minecraft. That way I think its not beneficial enough for Cubecraft to actually do this. I would prefer this to stay the same. There are pretty strong kits already aswell, I don't think netherite items would add that much.

So thats why I would not agree with these suggestions, the other ones as I said I do agree with and I would like to see it being added to the game.

ItzJustNiels

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2020
Netherlands
Thats because axes are nerfed and I hope they stay that way.
It's more that the shields are glitchy.
I and plenty others still prefer the current leaderboards, they're simple and easy, and theres no point as in to why there should be more leaderboards, wins are more important anyways.
These leaderboards aren't really skill based. They just require ALOT of time which most players don't have. An extra leaderboard that's skill based would be fun, and less intimidating for new players. As a new player a few thousand wins to get on leaderboards would be really intimidating and time consuming. winstreak leaderboards that reset aren't that intimidating and more players would try to get on the leaderboards. These leaderboards also show who skilled players are instead of who the people who play 24/7 are.
I've seen plenty of suggestions for CCG to have things like Hytrash does, nobody wants CCG to become a 1.12+ version of Hytrash, it could give CCG a bad name, its not the biggest server ever, and having it seem like they copied one of the biggest servers ever could ruin it for all of us. Take a step back and appreciate CCG's uniqueness, look at how much better the community is. Stop trying to make CCG a server that it isn't and wasn't intended to be. I would much rather CCG come out with unique ideas, not this bogus
Hypixel does quantity over quality, so they have alot of games that aren't that well coded and have alot of glitches. So trying to find something another server doesn't have is really hard. These updates would only upgrade the quality instead of the quantity which hypixel chose. Also It's an update of something we already have, so why Isn't the duels we already have a copy of hypixel? If this update would be done we would maybe have the "duels we copied off of hypixel" which we already had, but better.

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
It's more that the shields are glitchy.

These leaderboards aren't really skill based. They just require ALOT of time which most players don't have. An extra leaderboard that's skill based would be fun, and less intimidating for new players. As a new player a few thousand wins to get on leaderboards would be really intimidating and time consuming. winstreak leaderboards that reset aren't that intimidating and more players would try to get on the leaderboards. These leaderboards also show who skilled players are instead of who the people who play 24/7 are.

Hypixel does quantity over quality, so they have alot of games that aren't that well coded and have alot of glitches. So trying to find something another server doesn't have is really hard. These updates would only upgrade the quality instead of the quantity which hypixel chose. Also It's an update of something we already have, so why Isn't the duels we already have a copy of hypixel? If this update would be done we would maybe have the "duels we copied off of hypixel" which we already had, but better.
Yes shields are glitchy, but they are useless anyways (unless you are going against a bow) and axes are nerfed in a lot of the games so axe and shield pvp isn't really used, also I and a lot of people dont find it as fun. K the leaderboards yes you have so good points, I am used to the current ones and I'm a little biased, but it isn't necessarily a bad idea, better than some of your other points and suggestions (no offense).

Yes, I know that. A lot of servers will have similar things and or the same things as others, but this suggestion seemed a lot like what Hytrash already has, more so than things like skywars or whatever, which is something unique they did and I haven't seen on many other servers. I don't know if it was just how it was worded, but like I said above it isn't a bad idea, but it would have to be done in a way that didn't seem like a copy off of other servers. I still dont agree with the suggestion because I prefer how it is, but who knows it could be fun to have a winstreak leaderboard, like I said it depends how it is done, but I agree with what you said about it being less intimidating towards new players, which are the people we want to attract so CCG can grow.

ItzJustNiels

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2020
Netherlands
Yes shields are glitchy, but they are useless anyways (unless you are going against a bow) and axes are nerfed in a lot of the games so axe and shield pvp isn't really used, also I and a lot of people dont find it as fun. K the leaderboards yes you have so good points, I am used to the current ones and I'm a little biased, but it isn't necessarily a bad idea, better than some of your other points and suggestions (no offense).

Yes, I know that. A lot of servers will have similar things and or the same things as others, but this suggestion seemed a lot like what Hytrash already has, more so than things like skywars or whatever, which is something unique they did and I haven't seen on many other servers. I don't know if it was just how it was worded, but like I said above it isn't a bad idea, but it would have to be done in a way that didn't seem like a copy off of other servers. I still dont agree with the suggestion because I prefer how it is, but who knows it could be fun to have a winstreak leaderboard, like I said it depends how it is done, but I agree with what you said about it being less intimidating towards new players, which are the people we want to attract so CCG can grow.
Yeah of they just do these updates but with their own "twist" so it doesnt look copied It could turn out really well. I agree with you on this one, but I think alot of people would like some of these updates, I also agree with you that the axe pvp community isn't THAT big, but most people would probably enjoy it if the shields were fixed so that the axe pvp here would be better. You probably prefer how It is right now because you're used to It, I think you would enjoy the update If you got used to It more.

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
Yeah of they just do these updates but with their own "twist" so it doesnt look copied It could turn out really well. I agree with you on this one, but I think alot of people would like some of these updates, I also agree with you that the axe pvp community isn't THAT big, but most people would probably enjoy it if the shields were fixed so that the axe pvp here would be better. You probably prefer how It is right now because you're used to It, I think you would enjoy the update If you got used to It more.
Yeah the shields are mainly only good for blocking arrows right now, so that would be nice to see fixed. Another reason why the axe pvp community on CCG is so small is because most of CCG's pvp based games are fairly high paced so most of the sweats (mainly eggwars) will prefer swords because of the faster crits and its actually possible to get combos. Axes are more of a disadvantage in games like skywars, eggwars, and blockwars, because they are so slow. I can see them being used in games like SG or duels (which there are already axe kits)

ItzJustNiels

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2020
Netherlands
Yeah the shields are mainly only good for blocking arrows right now, so that would be nice to see fixed. Another reason why the axe pvp community on CCG is so small is because most of CCG's pvp based games are fairly high paced so most of the sweats (mainly eggwars) will prefer swords because of the faster crits and its actually possible to get combos. Axes are more of a disadvantage in games like skywars, eggwars, and blockwars, because they are so slow. I can see them being used in games like SG or duels (which there are already axe kits)
Yeah maybe we should make a suggestion thread about fixing the shields.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
JokeKaedee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats 🎊💗
Tommy Boi wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
good job, good luck
Top Bottom