Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Hello, so one of the biggest problems I find with duels is the map. The map pretty much dictates the game play, if it has a lot of obstacles, you can use it to hide. If it as lava, you can use it to kill your enemy quickly. However, while the maps are quite unique and offers a nice scenery... there's a really annoying issue. In kits where you can't place blocks, some really annoying players will do what they can so they can get knocked back into areas where you can't get to them. Even if you could, you are at an disadvantage because these scummy players will make it so, that if you try to reach them, they will knock you off or trap you. One of the more recent maps that most players have been doing this on is the Easter Spring map. The fences that surround the map is really easy to get around, not to mention the leaves that people can block glitch across. Of course I can simply do what I can to not knock them a block up, but that's a lot of work on my end. So can you put barriers blocks or something to make it impossible for players to get knocked into these areas?

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Seems kind of pointless to change the easter maps if they will be removed in probably less then a week

For other maps this can be done on I agree
But can you list some other maps possibly?

Well just in general, any duels map should have it's border a solid wall. I don't know the names of the map specifically (because there isn't a map selector for duels... psst, this would be a nice addition too!).

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Well just in general, any duels map should have it's border a solid wall. I don't know the names of the map specifically (because there isn't a map selector for duels... psst, this would be a nice addition too!).
You have an iron rank
You can check in the custom kit settings section
Most you should be able to figure out based on the name

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
You have an iron rank
You can check in the custom kit settings section
Most you should be able to figure out based on the name

And as someone who doesn't play custom duels, for a multitude of reasons, the map setting in custom duels isn't as helpful. I want to play the official duel game modes, not that.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
And as someone who doesn't play custom duels, for a multitude of reasons, the map setting in custom duels isn't as helpful. I want to play the official duel game modes, not that.
I know you said that but I am still askign because certain ones might be questionable like the yellow map full of mr potato head mashable figures is basically a wall in itself

Almost all maps have a wall
But your definition of what is enough and what isn’t is more what I am looking for

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Hi sorry for the late response to this suggestion. I just saw a message from @Younisco linking this thread from a few weeks ago which I missed.

The main reason we don't have barrier blocks in any of the maps is due to explosive/custom kits which destroy the map, the maps would then be left with random invisible blocks in the air. If you could list any duels maps that people exploit let me know and I can fix them for you. Ideally with screenshots of the exact location where a player exploits.

Reactions: matcha and Younisco

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Hi sorry for the late response to this suggestion. I just saw a message from @Younisco linking this thread from a few weeks ago which I missed.

The main reason we don't have barrier blocks in any of the maps is due to explosive/custom kits which destroy the map, the maps would then be left with random invisible blocks in the air. If you could list any duels maps that people exploit let me know and I can fix them for you. Ideally with screenshots of the exact location where a player exploits.

Okey dokey, owo

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tripleee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Matriox wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday eef
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday Forums Guru (ELI) Enjoy your day and I hope these small messages here make your day! 🥳
JokeKaedee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday, Eli! I hope that today will be filled with joy and happiness only!!
Enjoy your day 🐉 :heart:
Reesle wrote on RatedManMp46's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Top Bottom