Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Gjpoppy

Apr 26, 2014
UK
www.gps-alpha.webs.com
I don't know what CCG are going to do about the EULA but a way to still make a profit from the server could be to Have a section on the website where you put in your plot Number then you download your plot as a .zip. This doesn't necessarily have to cost money it could just be free, I just think It could be a way to make profit yet avoid breaching the EULA.

This will take some recoding of the Plotme Plugin & I'm not sure if it is possible but its just a suggestion.
I think that there should be a command like /plotme download <off/on> that only the plot owner can do that determines whether the plot can be downloaded or not, obviously the default should be off. And plots should only be aloud to be downloaded once they are done (/p done).

Please take this into consideration,
Gjpoppy

LaserDolphin77

Dedicated Member
Oct 20, 2013
I'd suggest that anyone can download a plot, so they can build off of those builds, but they still have to give credit. If they try to take all of it without giving credits, and the owner of that plot finds out, he/she can send proof that this was his/her main build and deserves credit.

Gjpoppy

Apr 26, 2014
UK
www.gps-alpha.webs.com
I'd suggest that anyone can download a plot, so they can build off of those builds, but they still have to give credit. If they try to take all of it without giving credits, and the owner of that plot finds out, he/she can send proof that this was his/her main build and deserves credit.
There would have to be terms of downloading I guess like give credit to original owner / Helpers, Do not post as your original content?

Vxronica

Dedicated Member
Apr 18, 2014
a local mcdonalds
I don't know what CCG are going to do about the EULA but a way to still make a profit from the server could be to Have a section on the website where you put in your plot Number then you download your plot as a .zip. This doesn't necessarily have to cost money it could just be free, I just think It could be a way to make profit yet avoid breaching the EULA.

This will take some recoding of the Plotme Plugin & I'm not sure if it is possible but its just a suggestion.
I think that there should be a command like /plotme download <off/on> that only the plot owner can do that determines whether the plot can be downloaded or not, obviously the default should be off. And plots should only be aloud to be downloaded once they are done (/p done).

Please take this into consideration,
Gjpoppy
Might not like the idea...

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
Unfortunately I can't decide whether that breaks the EULA or not. The law is so "fluffy" and general yet black and white at the same time. For example one person could see this as not using Mojang's IP in anyway howver it could be argued that we are selling part of their game's code (as the structures were generated using a Minecraft client) so is it OK? It is so hard to tell but I am guessing it would be breaking the EULA.

Reactions: Vxronica

Gjpoppy

Apr 26, 2014
UK
www.gps-alpha.webs.com
Ok then couldn't CCG do it for free cause I'm sure lots of people would want to down
Plots, and I am pretty sure you would be one of the first servers to do it.

Wait I have just read through the eula again, It basically says that you can sell stuff as long as it doesn't affect game-play and I don't see how downloading plots would?
Unfortunately I can't decide whether that breaks the EULA or not. The law is so "fluffy" and general yet black and white at the same time. For example one person could see this as not using Mojang's IP in anyway howver it could be argued that we are selling part of their game's code (as the structures were generated using a Minecraft client) so is it OK? It is so hard to tell but I am guessing it would be breaking the EULA.

Gjpoppy

Apr 26, 2014
UK
www.gps-alpha.webs.com
This pretty much covers the issue I think except we are not selling items? @johncoles
I might and probably am wrong here so sorry if I am
image.jpg

AtomicBirdAss

Oct 27, 2013
Why would you care?
I agree with your tweet. They only changed the EULA so that Realms would generate more money...

Reactions: Gjpoppy

Gjpoppy

Apr 26, 2014
UK
www.gps-alpha.webs.com
I agree with your tweet. They only changed the EULA so that Realms would generate more money...
Yep but what I don't understand is, people agree with the Eula because they think it will make playing on servers fairer, when it is just making running a minecraft server difficult because you are paying but not making any profit.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Top Bottom