Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
So twice now I've had admin staff feedback threads locked after 1-2 replies, not even giving me a chance to add additional evidence or ask questions at all.

Honestly, this was pretty disappointing. Both times I just wanted to ask the admin who had replied a couple of questions or share a couple of images but both times I couldn't, as the staff member had instantly locked the thread giving me no chance to reply.

I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like the core admin team should give members a chance to ask questions or add extra things before staff instantly lock the thread.

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
I haven't had this happen once in 3 staff feedbacks so maybe it's just been coincidence that it happened twice to you but they definitely shouldn't do this

Reactions: ReMD0G and Matriox

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
I'm going to bump this thread again since it's an important thread.

Would appreciate an admin reply as to why this happens in the first place, but who knows if i'll get one.

Reactions: ReMD0G and Matriox

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
To share my experience I recently made staff feedback and I just put at the bottom if they could not lock it after they left a reply and they didn't lock it. Simple as that just put in ur feedback that you don't want it locked and they won't lock it ig.

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
To share my experience I recently made staff feedback and I just put at the bottom if they could not lock it after they left a reply and they didn't lock it. Simple as that just put in ur feedback that you don't want it locked and they won't lock it ig.
While it's nice that they apparently do listen if you ask specifically, I just think it would be a lot better if it was standard practice to and not something that has to be specifically requested. I can almost guarantee that most people won't specifically ask for their threads to be left unlocked, so in the event of a change in events, an update, or something else being needed to be added they just can't unless they go through the long process of creating a new staff feedback thread, which is a hassle for both the admin team and the user.

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
While it's nice that they apparently do listen if you ask specifically, I just think it would be a lot better if it was standard practice to and not something that has to be specifically requested. I can almost guarantee that most people won't specifically ask for their threads to be left unlocked, so in the event of a change in events, an update, or something else being needed to be added they just can't unless they go through the long process of creating a new staff feedback thread, which is a hassle for both the admin team and the user.
I don't think it happens often that people have an update on the situation after the fwedback has been closed or something that needs to be added. I think you could just make a conversation with the admin who replied to your feedback if you have any update extra information or something to say about it, or you could just like me put in there you wouldn't like it closed. I don't think it needs to change the system. I have had time where I got denied my feedback and then got an update and I could just start conversation with the admin and he would handle it in the convo as if it was a staff feedback pretty much.

Reactions: remio

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
Most of the time, at least in my cases, admin & staff feedback threads are locked after a reply if the issue/subject has already been dealt with. Or if the evidence given on the thread is no longer required, and we don't require more.
What if the user wants to add a further development at a later date?
What if more incriminating or contradictory evidence shows up at a later date?
What if the user has questions to ask about the reply?
What if the user wants to challenge the decision?

There are plenty of reasons why they shouldn't be locked instantly. It can also give the impression that staff don't care or don't want to hear any more from the user, which while I doubt, it does still give that impression.

D

Deleted member 486292

I 100% agree on this. A particular staff (marieke2001) has repeatedly closed my bug report threads on false pretenses without giving me a chance to reply. theres really no reason to try and clean up the report as its still active and not old at all. I specifically say *do not* lock the report but it gets locked anyway???

Anyways, I experience very similar problem to you, so definitely a +1 for me. The staff team needs to take note.

Reactions: Kylo2532

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I 100% agree on this. A particular staff (marieke2001) has repeatedly closed my bug report threads on false pretenses without giving me a chance to reply. theres really no reason to try and clean up the report as its still active and not old at all. I specifically say *do not* lock the report but it gets locked anyway???

Anyways, I experience very similar problem to you, so definitely a +1 for me. The staff team needs to take note.
But once you've reported the bug it gets forwarded that's all she can do? She doesnt go and fix the bug. You report and she forwards it

D

Deleted member 486292

But once you've reported the bug it gets forwarded that's all she can do? She doesnt go and fix the bug. You report and she forwards it
theres a lot more to it than that which I wont go into in a public thread. And just to reiterate, they get closed before theyre forwarded.

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016

Yo this thread is about admin staff feedbacks not bug reports.

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
What if the user wants to add a further development at a later date?
What if more incriminating or contradictory evidence shows up at a later date?
What if the user has questions to ask about the reply?
What if the user wants to challenge the decision?

There are plenty of reasons why they shouldn't be locked instantly. It can also give the impression that staff don't care or don't want to hear any more from the user, which while I doubt, it does still give that impression.
If the user wants to add further evidence at a later date, the situation has already been handled, so it wouldn't be needed. If needed, a new report can be made. Even if the thread was left open, we close them if the activity drops to avoid clutter in our feedback forum. We cannot keep all threads open just in case new evidence appears 3 months later.

If the report is locked in favour of the reporter, all of the questions have most likely been addressed in the reply; if it's not in the favour, we tend to wait for the reporter to reply before locking. About challenging the decision, we could keep the thread open, but most of the time, our decisions are final for admin and staff feedback, as we take matters seriously internally.

We will look into keeping threads open for a little longer in the future, to at least allow the reporter to reply. But threads will be locked at a later date if the activity of the report drops.

D

Deleted member 486292

Yo this thread is about admin staff feedbacks not bug reports.
admins/mods handle it? I thought it was pretty clear that it was the focus of my message. How is that off the topic of the thread?

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
admins/mods handle it? I thought it was pretty clear that it was the focus of my message. How is that off the topic of the thread?
That's not what this thread is about lol. This thread is only about staff feedbacks that get closed not reports. Really has nothing to do with this thread cause it's a whole different situation with reports than with staff feedbacks lol. It's like me posting about staff feedbacks getting closed on a thread about appeal getting denied. Its a whole different topic bro.

D

Deleted member 486292

That's not what this thread is about lol. This thread is only about staff feedbacks that get closed not reports. Really has nothing to do with this thread cause it's a whole different situation with reports than with staff feedbacks lol. It's like me posting about staff feedbacks getting closed on a thread about appeal getting denied. Its a whole different topic bro.
its the same idea though. staff closing threads prematurely, which was what my point was.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Helloooo, no way the number one fact daily person are online!:D
299 more to 2 000... That is cool xD
ImLeave wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats again :)
ImLeave wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats!!!!
Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
hi pookie :3
Top Bottom