• Green is better - Handled

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Red is better - Closed

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I get that people want bigger handled report numbers, but this simply isn't worth our time to look into.
My favourite solution would be a fourth state for reports: open, accepted, closed, denied, as I also explained in the thread I linked, So it would not change the number of handled reports, but it would make it easier for us to understand why a report is closed. I also mentioned that as a response to "considering we just lost our web developer", the idea didn't come up after he left.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
I get that people want bigger handled report numbers,
The only reason I replied on this thread is that it makes no sense to judge the closed reports of people who apply for the helper rank, as there are two types of closed reports.
The first type is closed reports due to insufficient evidence - the only reports that can speak of your capability of identifying illegal modifications.
The second type is those that are closed due to the player has already been punished - doesn't speak of your capability of identifying illegal modifications, as you are right that the reported player breaks the rules, but it is closed because someone else's report has been handled before yours.
but this simply isn't worth our time to look into.
I would like to add that I absolutely disagree with such reports being handled, but I also disagree that it isn't worth your time. This would help out finding good helpers for the server.

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
Helpern'ts and tryhards, This is the reason why reporting ''cheaters'' is not worth it. It takes too much time and in the end he get's banned by our lovely anti-''cheat'' So let Sentinel do his work, and leave it. That one red thing in your helpern't list won't ruin your application. Just explain it if they even bother asking why you have it. Also it's indeed low priority. People like me don't care about this kind of things. Give me some sweet updates, instead of a helpern't update. Why did you read all of this? Bye

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Helpern'ts and tryhards, This is the reason why reporting ''cheaters'' is not worth it. It takes too much time and in the end he get's banned by our lovely anti-''cheat'' So let Sentinel do his work, and leave it. That one red thing in your helpern't list won't ruin your application. Just explain it if they even bother asking why you have it. Also it's indeed low priority. People like me don't care about this kind of things. Give me some sweet updates, instead of a helpern't update. Why did you read all of this? Bye
Sometimes players just don't get banned by sentinel. Even if you're just mildly tryharding, it can be upsetting to play against cheaters, especially if you run into the same player multiple times. I have seen a few players in the last month that weren't sentinel'd after a day, my last 6 reports for hacking were acepted. While it isn't a critical feature, it's a simple thing that people have been requesting for a long time. I can assure you I am not asking for this because I think it will make them want me as a helper.
I think a clear distinction between closed and denied reports would make it easier for us to see what happened and would reduce confusion. I don't care if my report is accepted or closed as a duplicate, but I don't like getting a report denied. The moderator is telling me that I made a mistake and wrongfully reported someone with invalid evidence. Not the end of the world of course, but in that case I usually want to argue my case and possibly search for more evidence, so the distinction between closed and denied reports is important.
This is a really small feature, that also can be done by someone that is not a game developer. I see it more as a design decision than the decision if it's worth spending the time on it. At least until andyschofie left it probably would've been a matter of a few hours at most.

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
Sometimes players just don't get banned by sentinel. Even if you're just mildly tryharding, it can be upsetting to play against cheaters, especially if you run into the same player multiple times. While it isn't a critical feature, it's a simple thing that people have been requesting for a long time. I can assure you I am not asking for this because I think it will make them want me as a helper.
I think a clear distinction between closed and denied reports would make it easier for us to see what happened and would reduce confusion. I don't care if my report is accepted or closed as a duplicate, but I don't like getting a report denied. The moderator is telling me that I made a mistake and wrongfully reported someone with invalid evidence. Not the end of the world of course, but in that case I usually want to argue my case and possibly search for more evidence, so the distinction between closed and denied reports is important.
This is a really small feature, that also can be done by someone that is not a game developer. I see it more as a design decision than the decision if it's worth spending the time on it. At least until andyschofie left it probably would've been a matter of a few hours at most.
The problem is. When a cheater kills you you'll be mad. When reporting him (Takes so long) The rage will be long gone. And he is probally alting anyways. Just let sentinel do it. You can take your time and report them, but don't be upset if it get's closed because of Sentinel doing it earlier.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
The problem is. When a cheater kills you you'll be mad. When reporting him (Takes so long) The rage will be long gone. And he is probally alting anyways. Just let sentinel do it. You can take your time and report them, but don't be upset if it get's closed because of Sentinel doing it earlier.
I usually report players the next day or at least a few hours later. And I am never upset when a report is closed as a duplicate, only when it's denied which implies that I made a mistake.

JasperEdits

Aug 26, 2016
When the player gets punished by the sentinel, this person will be told that the punishment is 7 days long. It doesn't sound very nice if the same player tries to join after, let's say, 7 days and sees that the punishment increased with 23 days.
unban the player and ban him again for the full month, if there is proof

JasperEdits

Aug 26, 2016
Oooooooorrrr.. just don't report people and deal with the fact not everything is controlable lol
Thats not the solution at all, the reports page its there for you to report someone its being annoying, (also you need it if you want to apply)

D

Deleted member 100818

Thats not the solution at all, the reports page its there for you to report someone its being annoying, (also you need it if you want to apply)
It's a solution, there's no "the" here. When someone is being annoying use /ignore add <name>, it really isn't that hard. But all of you people report people for saying the word "shit" in chat which I find disgusting.

Yea I already saw, we just have a different opinion
You should use arguments for a change, otherwise it won't ever get implemented.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #53-
Iron golems can kill villagers.
Mintypie231 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday!!!🥳🎂
UncleSpect wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Eli wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Eli wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday Kloska!!! 🦆 🔥 🐉
Top Bottom