Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
You do bring up some very good points about being integrated in the community and allowing us all to be a community where we encourage creativity. I will say it is difficult for us to give definitive answers as then people will be expecting the update immediately (in my opinion) and it happening with the snap of your fingers is not too likely. That being said, I know that I and several other staff try to give feedback on opinions we see as much as possible. Its easier to comment if we like the thread or not, but not mention what we do and do not say to the upper management/developers, as we do not want to raise the hopes of everyone if they deny it or have them constantly ask when it will be added, since that is not allowed. I do know we love hearing from you guys and genuinely do read the threads and ideas that are posted. If you have a suggestion on how we can make this more evident and make the suggestions thread a more enjoyable place, feel free to write them. The only thing I can say is, I do not think that we will be able to say "we are adding this" and "not adding this" to every single thread that is posted. I have seen suggestions of that in the past, but do not find that to be a feasible option as we really are not allowed to say what is being implemented, especially since there is a fear of people constantly asking when that update may be released, which is against the rules so we would not be able to answer them. If it takes a while to release said update, they could get impatient or think we lied about adding it. That being said, I would love to hear you out on how this could be resolved, besides removing this sub-forum, as I would love to be able to hear more from the community and have you guys actually enjoy posting/feel heard.
I’m not blaming anyone and I don’t want to blame anyone. But I really appreciate your words! I just want to have a great, social community! But somtimes I just want the old Cube community back, 3 years ago there were 2k players and I really enjoyed playing CubeCraft. But unfortunately I don’t have that great feeling anymore.

Reactions: Lilleh__

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
An easy fix for this would be to make a dedicated content team, a new staff member of sorts. Now many will say this is useless, but I think otherwise having a group of people that only focus on adding or suggesting content is very important. This would actually make players suggest good quality threads again. I will list all the perks of being a member of the content team.
-The content team will be made up of certain developers that only focus on working on popular player made suggestion, can make small updates to game while the main developers work on major updates. Roles: Vanity developer, developers for specific mini games
-The content team doesn't only need to consist of developers it can also consist of writers for achievements or just people who can make quality threads and know if an idea is suitable or not,
-Gets a special sub forum where they can suggest major changes for the main developers to do.
-Must be active both in game and on the forums, must always reply to a thread if there is over whelming support.

Having more than just a few people in charge of bringing player suggestions to life would be very beneficial to the server and might actually attract more players to join our server.

Thefty

Forum Expert
Nov 20, 2015
somewhere deep in the woods
Players creating quality suggestions.

I see alot of players creating suggestions. Some suggestions are really good and the quality is also amazing. But I feel like we’re just making suggestions for fun. Sometimes there are great ideas, but it looks like the staff-members don’t really care what for new things players are suggesting. There is also no response from a staff member like: “Great suggestion, I will contact the Admins/Developers! And see what they think!” I want to improve the server, hope the staff-team want the same. *cough* But a response is enough. If we really want to improve we have to listen to each other. Listen to the ideas of other players, what do they think about the server? That kinda things. This is how it works. —> Someone is making a thread, he posted it. Players give their opinions, Done.

! Don’t lock this thread if I don’t give acces. !
What do you expect from this server? As far as I know they only accept the smallest suggestions... :/

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
An easy fix for this would be to make a dedicated content team, a new staff member of sorts. Now many will say this is useless, but I think otherwise having a group of people that only focus on adding or suggesting content is very important. This would actually make players suggest good quality threads again. I will list all the perks of being a member of the content team.
-The content team will be made up of certain developers that only focus on working on popular player made suggestion, can make small updates to game while the main developers work on major updates. Roles: Vanity developer, developers for specific mini games
-The content team doesn't only need to consist of developers it can also consist of writers for achievements or just people who can make quality threads and know if an idea is suitable or not,
-Gets a special sub forum where they can suggest major changes for the main developers to do.
-Must be active both in game and on the forums, must always reply to a thread if there is over whelming support.

Having more than just a few people in charge of bringing player suggestions to life would be very beneficial to the server and might actually attract more players to join our server.
This is such a good idea! I couldn't agree more with this. This is what Cube needs, to focus on the suggestions, yet keep it in a small team. I really like this idea. +1

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
I could agree with some of this, but not all of it. I feel like the reason people feel like they aren't being heard is because none of the forums that are being posted are actually ever added onto the server. Not to sound rude, but I honestly don't like any of the newer updates that have come out. I think it genuinely ruined the server. Many older players that have stuck with the server for a long time, *cough* like two or three years *cough* have gone. That includes @Simbaaa, @Cams1234, and @baccaoffbi. I have said it before, and I will say it again. I enjoyed Cube because it was an original server, with original games and ideas. The economy was perfect, it was creative, fun, and just outstanding for a minecraft server. Now, I don't think that way much anymore. I can't lie, Cube has become much like the other server we all know of. I have a look around the forums very often, and have been trying to compare it to what has been added to the server. Nothing anymore, has been added. For instance, a few original games that Cube use to have that were well liked and had a good amount of players that played them; Hourglass, Parkour Minigame, and Assassins. <-- Assassins is still added (I think), but the amount of players that use to be on it has vanished drastically. Lately, I have seen so many threads on adding back the old Arcade and Sky Wars, but the staff keep saying the same thing, either they're working on it or nothing. I can't lie, Quake was my favorite, and a lot of other's too, @PerryJ, @TheEnderMax, etc. I miss the old Cube so much, and wish it'd just go back to being... original. I know I sound very snide and rude with this comment, but honestly, it's just stating what's been on my mind for a long time, now. And I know for a fact that many, many other players feel the same way I do.
I am sorry you have not enjoyed the newest content. Me being fairly new to the server, I only see so much of the differences, but now I also see what goes on behind the scenes. As for not adding some of the games players suggest, I agree slightly in the sense that I see some that I find rather enjoyable, but I am certain they have some reason they can not add it or have not added it. As for going back to the original, that is simply not possible. People change, servers change, things change. Eventually things have to change and grow and become new. It is a part of life. I understand you may not like the newer updates, I understand others may not either, in fact I was even a little uncertain at first. That being said I have grown to love every part of the new updates. The newer games added have been enjoyable to play, and they allow for players to test them as they are in beta, which is awesome since we get even more of your feedback on them. As for the new chat update, yes it is almost overwhelmingly new in appearance, but in my opinion it looks genuinly cleaner. This one update, give it time for you to get used to it. Also the chat filter, if you run into normal words/statements you cant say. Feel free to let a staff know and we can report it to the developers. We are not trying to limit you guys, but rather follow the restrictions of our partnership, while still giving you guys the opportunity to chat with each other freely. Also I am sure people did not like the first time the chat appearance changed or another game changed, but then they adjusted to it. The new chat, some of the features, were even suggested by people. Some wanted their level to be seen or the white name color to be added. Even still, people tend to stray from change and hide from it. Rather we should try to embrace it as it brings more options and more unique opportunities for the server. New things can be rather scary as they bring uncertainty, but they can be rather good if we give them a chance. I hope you guys are able to give the new updates a chance and still suggest new things. I will do my best to continue to reply to you guys and even be a voice for you guys as well. I want you guys, as the community, to feel heard and know that you are heard.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
It would be nice if staff could at least say they have forwarded a suggestion, saying they will or will not add it isn't necessary but they could say at least something.
Is this improving? Look at the poll —> https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/fix-the-new-update.200731/page-7#post-927432 And watching threads and giving compliments to players is also part of improving the server.
That suggestion may have had lots of support, but even so telegamer explained why its most likely not going to happen. So in that case, it did get feedback from the staff team.

D

Deleted member 204478

You do bring up some very good points about being integrated in the community and allowing us all to be a community where we encourage creativity. I will say it is difficult for us to give definitive answers as then people will be expecting the update immediately (in my opinion) and it happening with the snap of your fingers is not too likely. That being said, I know that I and several other staff try to give feedback on opinions we see as much as possible. Its easier to comment if we like the thread or not, but not mention what we do and do not say to the upper management/developers, as we do not want to raise the hopes of everyone if they deny it or have them constantly ask when it will be added, since that is not allowed. I do know we love hearing from you guys and genuinely do read the threads and ideas that are posted. If you have a suggestion on how we can make this more evident and make the suggestions thread a more enjoyable place, feel free to write them. The only thing I can say is, I do not think that we will be able to say "we are adding this" and "not adding this" to every single thread that is posted. I have seen suggestions of that in the past, but do not find that to be a feasible option as we really are not allowed to say what is being implemented, especially since there is a fear of people constantly asking when that update may be released, which is against the rules so we would not be able to answer them. If it takes a while to release said update, they could get impatient or think we lied about adding it. That being said, I would love to hear you out on how this could be resolved, besides removing this sub-forum, as I would love to be able to hear more from the community and have you guys actually enjoy posting/feel heard.

Yeah, I have a solution.
Maybe you should actually listen to the community and what THEY want in the updates? And not to completely neglect it, thanks.

Reactions: Cyqni and Lilleh__
D

Deleted member 169486

Management member comes
Comments: Great suggestions. Look for it in the future

Management makes thread
Thread: Every excepted non-implemented suggestion.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
LMFAO I am crying. I had made good suggestions in the past that much people like and want to add, but they only change things if the WHOLE community that wants.

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
Yeah, I have a solution.
Maybe you should actually listen to the community and what THEY want in the updates? And not to completely neglect it, thanks.
We actually do, if you had read what I had written in my replies then you would see where I stated some examples of such. Some changes though, have to be implemented due to certain regulations (the chat filter) and others are ones the staff see and tweak to adjust it to a more feasible/viable option.
Management member comes
Comments: Great suggestions. Look for it in the future

Management makes thread
Thread: Every excepted non-implemented suggestion.
Please refer to these quotes on
Its easier to comment if we like the thread or not, but not mention what we do and do not say to the upper management/developers, as we do not want to raise the hopes of everyone if they deny it or have them constantly ask when it will be added, since that is not allowed.
The only thing I can say is, I do not think that we will be able to say "we are adding this" and "not adding this" to every single thread that is posted. I have seen suggestions of that in the past, but do not find that to be a feasible option as we really are not allowed to say what is being implemented, especially since there is a fear of people constantly asking when that update may be released, which is against the rules so we would not be able to answer them. If it takes a while to release said update, they could get impatient or think we lied about adding it.

D

Deleted member 169486

We actually do, if you had read what I had written in my replies then you would see where I stated some examples of such. Some changes though, have to be implemented due to certain regulations (the chat filter) and others are ones the staff see and tweak to adjust it to a more feasible/viable option.

Please refer to these quotes on
OMG! JUST ANSWER US! IT'S NOT HARD!

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
OMG! JUST ANSWER US! IT'S NOT HARD!
Actually yes it is. The developers can spend time answering threads or actually working on updates. I am sorry, but this would still rise issues of kids wanting the updates to be immediate or spamming us asking about it. Just like how it is for parkour now. Having that for every update would distract the developers and other staff from their work as they would constantly have to answer these questions. Granted this is just my opinion, but I feel that it raises the main point, that we just can not do this right now, sorry.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
+1 now is the time for the staff to start giving ****s about the community before the server is completely dead.
They don't have to give you compliments, they are always busy to make the server a better place.
And failing miserably.

Reactions: Cyqni

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
Actually yes it is. The developers can spend time answering threads or actually working on updates. I am sorry, but this would still rise issues of kids wanting the updates to be immediate or spamming us asking about it. Just like how it is for parkour now. Having that for every update would distract the developers and other staff from their work as they would constantly have to answer these questions. Granted this is just my opinion, but I feel that it raises the main point, that we just can not do this right now, sorry.
We said staff members, in general, not developers. You and other staff members could go and answer threads in a positive way, instead of making up cheap excuses of why things are "not possible". And, you know? You guys are right. Things are not possible, not if you don't try.

Reactions: Gaaabb and Lilleh__

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
We said staff members, in general, not developers. You and other staff members could go and answer threads in a positive way, instead of making up cheap excuses of why things are "not possible". And, you know? You guys are right. Things are not possible, not if you don't try.
That being said, I know that I and several other staff try to give feedback on opinions we see as much as possible.
We do try to do what we can to comment on suggestions we find to be rather good, that being said we are not at liberty to say if they are going to be added or not. Also us, as moderators, do not get to know about accepted suggestions etc.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Loskol wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
I hope you all had a great weekend!
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Welkom terug Bram :)
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
Top Bottom