Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

FFA_Player

Feb 1, 2018
So, FFA is going to reach another and higher level of experienced players. Players are learning new ways to fight against other opponents, players their aim are imporving and there are coming up new fresh players who started playing FFA.

While FFA is getting better, there is appearing also a specific group of players; the players with silent hacks (I don't say names, these players know it by theirselfs) . These hacks are hard to detect and you must have a big amount of knowledge to scan the hacks of this people... Reporting doesn't help, I've reported a person for like 3 times and he won't get banned, while everyone on the FFA server is calling him out for a hacker. This is very annoying; those people are doing like they're "pro" and "the best of whole ffa" and when people hackusate them, they're gonna do cool, like acting they are legit, swearing / bullying etc.. (because they're for sure Sentinel doesn't detect them). The last time on ffa, this is going viral. Average players don't see them hacking, only the "pro's" (people with a big knowledge of ffa and fighting strats). The hackers are fighting the pro's, defeat them and go calling themself "better" then them while they are hacking. I don't wanna say I am a "pro" or something, but I just play ffa for like 1.5 year now, mostly overpowerd ffa, and it happened to me a few times. It is very annoying; you are for sure that they are hacking, but you can't do something against them and the most problematic part, they are calling themself the best of ffa...

So my question: can there something be done to get those hackers banned, like letting patrol more staff members with a bigger amount of pvp-knowledge, or checking the files of some fishy players?

(Sorry for my bad english, it's not the best subject of me at school)

D

Deleted member 59979

Firstly, there is sentinel. Developing an anti-cheat is very hard as you have to know what the hacking clients are doing in able to be able to counter it, meaning that the hacking client developers will always be one step ahead. Secondly, staff try as hard as they can to catch hackers. All staff have a good knowledge of how to detect hacks and can tell if someone is hacking. You just have to make sure you have enough evidence so that the staff members can tell if they have hacks or not. Thirdly you should report them anyway if they are swearing and bullying as they are against the rules also.

Sep 10, 2016
Coool place in the 'south'
Agreeing with Foxic. There are many ways to avoid many situations you have stated.
Many players who use silent hacks or undetectable ones are difficult yes but there are ways that simply cannot justify the fact that they won't be caught by Sentinal. As stated ANti cheats are very underappreciated these days as nobody really understands or gets how difficult they are to perfect or get right.

I understand your concerns as these can be very annoying but the best thing you are able to do is as stated report them or alert staff members of the situation.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Firstly, there is sentinel. Developing an anti-cheat is very hard as you have to know what the hacking clients are doing in able to be able to counter it, meaning that the hacking client developers will always be one step ahead. Secondly, staff try as hard as they can to catch hackers. All staff have a good knowledge of how to detect hacks and can tell if someone is hacking. You just have to make sure you have enough evidence so that the staff members can tell if they have hacks or not. Thirdly you should report them anyway if they are swearing and bullying as they are against the rules also.
Agreeing with Foxic. There are many ways to avoid many situations you have stated.
Many players who use silent hacks or undetectable ones are difficult yes but there are ways that simply cannot justify the fact that they won't be caught by Sentinal. As stated ANti cheats are very underappreciated these days as nobody really understands or gets how difficult they are to perfect or get right.

I understand your concerns as these can be very annoying but the best thing you are able to do is as stated report them or alert staff members of the situation.
Reporting doesn't help, I've reported a person for like 3 times and he won't get banned, while everyone on the FFA server is calling him out for a hacker. This is very annoying; those people are doing like they're "pro" and "the best of whole ffa" and when people hackusate them, they're gonna do cool, like acting they are legit, swearing / bullying etc.. (because they're for sure Sentinel doesn't detect them). The last time on ffa, this is going viral. Average players don't see them hacking, only the "pro's" (people with a big knowledge of ffa and fighting strats).
Developing the anti-cheat is hard. Moderating and banning people based on reports is something that shouldn't be missed by mods, but they're human, I'll give em that. But really, please read the fact that the MODS aren't banning them based on reports... While the anti cheats are "underappreciated", it's really "overrated" more then anything else.
As for the suggestion, the only thing you can really try is to report and pray that they'll get banned...

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
So, FFA is going to reach another and higher level of experienced players. Players are learning new ways to fight against other opponents, players their aim are imporving and there are coming up new fresh players who started playing FFA.

While FFA is getting better, there is appearing also a specific group of players; the players with silent hacks (I don't say names, these players know it by theirselfs) . These hacks are hard to detect and you must have a big amount of knowledge to scan the hacks of this people... Reporting doesn't help, I've reported a person for like 3 times and he won't get banned, while everyone on the FFA server is calling him out for a hacker. This is very annoying; those people are doing like they're "pro" and "the best of whole ffa" and when people hackusate them, they're gonna do cool, like acting they are legit, swearing / bullying etc.. (because they're for sure Sentinel doesn't detect them). The last time on ffa, this is going viral. Average players don't see them hacking, only the "pro's" (people with a big knowledge of ffa and fighting strats). The hackers are fighting the pro's, defeat them and go calling themself "better" then them while they are hacking. I don't wanna say I am a "pro" or something, but I just play ffa for like 1.5 year now, mostly overpowerd ffa, and it happened to me a few times. It is very annoying; you are for sure that they are hacking, but you can't do something against them and the most problematic part, they are calling themself the best of ffa...

So my question: can there something be done to get those hackers banned, like letting patrol more staff members with a bigger amount of pvp-knowledge, or checking the files of some fishy players?

So what is it that reveals to you that they are hacking? Do they never miss a hit? Do they take reduced knockback? I'd like to understand what it is you are able to identify that Sentinel can't detect and isn't enough evidence in your reports to get them banned, so that I can grasp at what may be done to help the situation.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

They develop an anticheat called sentinel. Its fine right now

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Developing the anti-cheat is hard. Moderating and banning people based on reports is something that shouldn't be missed by mods, but they're human, I'll give em that. But really, please read the fact that the MODS aren't banning them based on reports... While the anti cheats are "underappreciated", it's really "overrated" more then anything else.
As for the suggestion, the only thing you can really try is to report and pray that they'll get banned...
Since sentinel is a machine learning anti cheat (probably based off of moderator bans) the anti cheat can only ban players that are similar to the ones moderators ban for. So if moderators aren't banning for let's say 3.3 block reach. Then the anticheat won't either. Can I get confirmation on this @Tacosbefriends ?

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Since sentinel is a machine learning anti cheat (probably based off of moderator bans) the anti cheat can only ban players that are similar to the ones moderators ban for. So if moderators aren't banning for let's say 3.3 block reach. Then the anticheat won't either. Can I get confirmation on this @Tacosbefriends ?
Nothing about what you just said is correct.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
My apology, sorry for assuming sentinel is a machine learning anticheat. A while back moderators and other players said things such as "at first the anticheat won't be very good but after a while it will become better"(paraphrased). I took from that sentinel was still in the process of learning and was slowly becoming better because of this. My apologies to anyone I misinformed.

Reactions: johncoles

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
There's nothing you can do about those hackers, quite a lot of them are paid and are developed rapidly to get round any anti-cheat. Hackers like that you can never get rid of in any server, all you can do is minimize the amount of them by developing anti-cheats that less people can work out how to bypass or takes longer to do so.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
There's nothing you can do about those hackers, quite a lot of them are paid and are developed rapidly to get round any anti-cheat. Hackers like that you can never get rid of in any server, all you can do is minimize the amount of them by developing anti-cheats that less people can work out how to bypass or takes longer to do so.
Badlion bans 20,000+ closet cheaters a month with new anticheat advancements alone.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Many hackers just have infinite accounts most of the time.
As I said, it just stalls them until they find workarounds.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Many hackers just have infinite accounts most of the time.
As I said, it just stalls them until they find workarounds.
Anti cheats stall cheaters... So should we not even try then? IP bans aren't a thing CubeCraft ever plans on doing. Besides most blatant cheaters with several accounts use VPNs which bypass such. Unless CubeCraft were to develop a client side anticheat which would take months if not years. Then CubeCraft would be nearly cheat free. But untill then developing the anticheat is the only thing we can do...

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions, but this seems pretty dam suspicious of sent to be a machine learning anticheat. (From @johncoles on the thread releasing sentinel) "Sentinel has been running on our network for quite a while initially logging data for us to look at..." And "Sentinel will still be gathering data..." Sorry but both if these strongly suggested sentinel is a machine learning anticheat.

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions, but this seems pretty dam suspicious of sent to be a machine learning anticheat. (From @johncoles on the thread releasing sentinel) "Sentinel has been running on our network for quite a while initially logging data for us to look at..." And "Sentinel will still be gathering data..." Sorry but both if these strongly suggested sentinel is a machine learning anticheat.
Unfortunately this is not something we can go in to a huge amount of detail about.

Sentinel is based off of data but we're not necessarily using just moderator's decisions to inform that learning process. As for a client side anti-cheat I'd love for us to do this but given the huge amount of effort this would take combined with the requirement for a user to have our client installed it's not something we're interested in doing at the moment. It would be great to have our own client to add lots of features in (not just a client side anti-cheat) but at that point we might as well make our own game! ;)

Reactions: OnePointEight.exe

CharlieShuffler

Novice Member
Nov 30, 2016
they actually know how the anticheat works and know how to partly avoid it which is pretty cool to an extent xD not saying that they should be unpunished.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Unfortunately this is not something we can go in to a huge amount of detail about.

Sentinel is based off of data but we're not necessarily using just moderator's decisions to inform that learning process. As for a client side anti-cheat I'd love for us to do this but given the huge amount of effort this would take combined with the requirement for a user to have our client installed it's not something we're interested in doing at the moment. It would be great to have our own client to add lots of features in (not just a client side anti-cheat) but at that point we might as well make our own game! ;)
Is it possible to have a special game mode which you must have the client side thing enabled to play on, which could be used for staff to work with unbans or players to duel in, like the lucky blocks requires the resource pack?

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Is it possible to have a special game mode which you must have the client side thing enabled to play on, which could be used for staff to work with unbans or players to duel in, like the lucky blocks requires the resource pack?
Yes... Ever hear of pixelmon? There is no client side anti cheat yet or probably ever. I don't know how it works but here goes my best guess.
There's a part of the code that sends a specific packet to the server if the player sends said packet then the server allows them to be warped or whatever is wanted. When clients find out what the part of the code is then they can probably implement it into their client.

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
Minecraft is a weird game. The main issues stem from the fact that the client has some authority. For example when someone hits you your client gets told that a hit occurred and totals damage. A hacked client can reply, “No, I wasn’t there, I was here... I didn’t take damage.” This is what anti-cheat is there to prevent. Most hacks aren’t as blatent as that... some are though!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
Top Bottom