• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hi, it's RemiO05!
I have a little suggestion about the forums.
You can like people, but why can't you dislike people?
I see many people who say: Sorry, I don't agree , -1.
But, you can't dislike.
Is it an idea to add this feature?
(Maybe it is an idea not to add it on the stats on your page)
What do you think about this suggestion?
Do you agree?
Why?
Comment below!

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Hi, it's RemiO05!
I have a little suggestion about the forums.
You can like people, but why can't you dislike people?
I see many people who say: Sorry, I don't agree , -1.
But, you can't dislike.
Is it an idea to add this feature?
(Maybe it is an idea not to add it on the stats on your page)
What do you think about this suggestion?
Do you agree?
Why?
Comment below!
I personally believe that forcing a "Yes" or "No" poll with the question "Would you like to see this?" on suggestion posts would be better.

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Likes and dislikes are two different things.

Likes are to show that you love the idea and want to see it getting added for example. There doesn't need to be more information, because you just agree with what the thread maker said.

Dislikes work a bit different. Let's use an example. Your teacher says you get kicked out of school, and you're sitting there like, why? Well, dislikes work the same, if people only dislike, the thread owner doesn't know why you disagree, and what you can improve about the suggestion. If everyone's going to dislike, nobody's going to let the thread owner know why they dislike, and the suggestion is pretty useless then, while if you let him know why you disagree, a stupid thread, can become better just by the opinions of others, you see? This is the main reason why I don't want to see a dislike button. People will also be like "why did you dislike I'm so upset right now ;-;"

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Likes and dislikes are two different things.

Likes are to show that you love the idea and want to see it getting added for example. There doesn't need to be more information, because you just agree with what the thread maker said.

Dislikes work a bit different. Let's use an example. Your teacher says you get kicked out of school, and you're sitting there like, why? Well, dislikes work the same, if people only dislike, the thread owner doesn't know why you disagree, and what you can improve about the suggestion. If everyone's going to dislike, nobody's going to let the thread owner know why they dislike, and the suggestion is pretty useless then, while if you let him know why you disagree, a stupid thread, can become better just by the opinions of others, you see? This is the main reason why I don't want to see a dislike button. People will also be like "why did you dislike I'm so upset right now ;-;"
Yes, that's also a point to worry if the site will add dislikes.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
This would be abused by a lot of people, creating drama by disliking anything a certain person posts. It would be useful if added only to suggestion threads, but we already have the poll system so it isn't really needed. I'd rather see less negativity on the forums, to be honest.

Reactions: MarcoPlayzz

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
This would be abused by a lot of people, creating drama by disliking anything a certain person posts. It would be useful if added only to suggestion threads, but we already have the poll system so it isn't really needed. I'd rather see less negativity on the forums, to be honest.
I agree, this would create drama, and that's not good.

D

Deleted member 169486

I wish more people knew this so most replies weren't "Great Idea +1"

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Tripleee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Tripleee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Tripleee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations on helper!
caraMel wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats... finally!!! Welcome to the team 🩷
caraMel wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats!!! Welcome back to the team 🩷
Top Bottom