Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Colleeee

Jan 31, 2020
The backyard.
Hey guys!

Lately there's been a lot of new annoucements on the discord. Some were for Bedrock, some were for Java.
I have seen people complaining about them getting tagged in annoucements for a version they don't play. That's why I got a idea to implement new roles.

My first idea is this:
These roles would include Java or Bedrock.
1617720758997.png
1617720794954.png
2 new roles to help people find their way in the community. Also, it prevents that the staff team taggs @Everyone.
This would be easier to seperate the Java & Bedrock versions for annoucements.

My second idea is:
Instead of actually tagging @EveryOne, they could tagg @java or @Bedrock. ( When linked to your account.)
1617721315026.png
I know that the "Linked account roles" are called Java & Bedrock but it would add a little more spice when they just added the colours to them.

I hope you understand what I mean. Have a beautiful day! :D

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Like Spoon mentioned above, this sounds like a good idea but it won't work as most people don't have their account linked.

Also, giving the Java and Bedrock ranks a colour would not be a good idea. People with no VIP level or donator rank will then get one of these colours which will look messy and gives them a nice coloured rank without donating to the server.

Grove

Nov 4, 2020
Sinnoh
I see where you're coming from and personally wouldn't mind it, but it's possible to turn off notifications from the server. I think it'd probably be easier to just direct people to reconfigure their settings if they want. Also, the point of pinging @ everyone is that it's important information for the entire server, so it would be narrowing the range of people notified too.

Colleeee

Jan 31, 2020
The backyard.
I see where you're coming from and personally wouldn't mind it, but it's possible to turn off notifications from the server. I think it'd probably be easier to just direct people to reconfigure their settings if they want. Also, the point of pinging @ everyone is that it's important information for the entire server, so it would be narrowing the range of people notified too.

It's not about the notifications in general, it's about the notification from bedrock or java while you only play 1 version. It prevents getting a tagg for something you don't play but I understand where you're coming from.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
The only issue is that most people don’t have their accounts linked, which means many people would never get tagged
What if you add an obtainable role named “announcement” or “ping”. People can choose if they want to get pinged or not. There are enough good bots that are able to make this possible.

If this is possible. You could also think about a “Java ping” and “Bedrock ping” role.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow 💛
SpringWarz wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Eli
Behold my birthday meal

aa0fb30e-20ed-416e-b452-e4d70ce86ec2.jpeg
Thjis wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Bday!
Basketman wrote on BicolourSine41's profile.
Thanks for the follow! ❤️
Top Bottom