Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Shouldn't people that paid money for there rank, get like a perk in the discord server? Like a VIP r

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 15, 2017
Shouldn't people that paid money for there rank, get like a perk in the discord server? Like a VIP role, or Donator role.

Reactions: ToastO_O

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Shouldn't people that paid money for there rank, get like a perk in the discord server? Like a VIP role, or Donator role.
It would be a huge mess and people can lie about it.
I don't think having a role for every single rank is a great idea because the chat will be messy and this can create uneccasary drama. (People trying to get certain roles etc)
Discord doesn't really have "perks" that are appropriate for members.
I like the way it is now, simple and clean.
I would like it to stay that way.

Having staff to give the role manually would take and waste staff's time. Staff is already busy enough and does not need to put their attention on something not neccasary.

Last edited:

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
This, and it would be a lot of work. And it can confuse alot of members in the discord server. It's good How it is, and If you want to know who's a donatie you can join the amazing server named cubecraft :)
So sorry, no

Reactions: RayzMC

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Well, what perk would we give them?
Just giving them a role that corresponds to their rank isn't really a perk, and it'd be an extremely messy system. I doubt there's a way to link your minecraft account to Discord, so players will probably attempt to lie about it.

Discord isn't really a place where you can give paying people a perk aside from giving them exclusive chats, and Cube definitely isn't going to do that either. They don't want to split the community by giving donators a special tag that allows them to speak in exclusive places.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
It would be nice to add more colours to the discord by giving everyone the color they have on the player list in-game.
They would have to get a bot to do the work. One approach would be to make an in-game command that creates a code that you can pm to a discord bot that will give you the role.

Reactions: Grimmay
Jun 15, 2017
I don't think having a role for every single rank is a great idea beacause the chat will be messy and this can create uneccasary drama. (People trying to get certain roles etc)
Discord doesn't really have "perks" that are appropriate for members.
They could show proof, you know that right? it's a suggestion I'm not going to set it up

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
This has been suggested a few times before, but this'd be a lot of work for the Administrators. I do agree that ranks would get a new perk (not that it'd be a big perk or something) if this gets added, but I'd be a bug mess as there loads of rankers on CubeCraft.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Its not that neccasary.
I doubt it'd be a lot of work though, seems like something you could code on one afternoon and it's not extremely security relevant. It's not necessary, but so are rank colors in-game or any vanity features for ranks. They're mostly to show off, coloured names on discord would be pretty much the same.

Jun 15, 2017
I know plenty of discord gaming bots they can link Minecraft accounts, if you think it would be hard for them they can set up a gaming bot.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Yeah, that's true. But if you have to give 5000 people the same role, then you're busy for a long time.
Adding roles manually for every player would be absolutely terrible, but it shouldn't take too long to set up a bot that does it automatically. If you make an ingame command like /discordrank that generates a code that you pm the discord bot it would be very simple to do. Maybe a more convenient way would be possible as well.

Reactions: Ducky
Jun 15, 2017
Adding roles manually for every player would be absolutely terrible, but it shouldn't take too long to set up a bot that does it automatically. If you make an ingame command like /discordrank that generates a code that you pm the discord bot it would be very simple to do. Maybe a more convenient way would be possible as well.
That would be a nice feature, all I can do is hope they will award donators on the discord server instead of only in-game

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Top Bottom