Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think YouTubers should have their own role?

• Yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No (explain)

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Meiske

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Hey CubeCrafters!

I'm not sure if this has already been suggested before but here I am, back with another thread. I'm pretty sure you can already guess what this thread is about just by reading the title. I just think it'd be cool if YouTubers got their own role, since they also get their own rank on the Minecraft server already and I feel like when advertising their YouTube videos, more people will know that they're YouTubers! I know what you're probably thinking: "Wouldn't that bright red colour confuse everyone?" You're absolutely right, of course it would, that's why I'm thinking that having the role shouldn't change the color of one's username but rather just make it visible on their profile- unless staff would also want to give them that color of course!

Let me know what you think! I've also attatched a poll to this thread.

Thanks for reading if you did & stay safe!

- Meiske

Last edited:
Reactions: Joggg

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I like the idea, but don’t forget that the translator rank is already red so that would be confusing. Your second option of making the rank invisible sounds a bit useless because you don’t know if someone is a Youtuber or not. Maybe it’s a better idea to give someone a role like ‘content creator’ so not for Youtubers only but also for people who upload their videos on other platforms and you can give them another colour so it won’t be confused with translator.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meiske and Joggg

Meiske

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I like the idea, but don’t forget that the translator rank is already red so that would be confusing. Your second option of making the rank invisible sounds a bit useless because you don’t if someone is a Youtuber or not. Maybe it’s a better idea to give someone a role like ‘content creator’ so not for Youtubers only but also for people who upload their videos on other platforms and you can give them another colour so it won’t be confused with translator.
I mean- the translator rank is already dark red and if this were to be a lighter red I don't think it'd confuse people that much since it's already like that on the Minecraft server. It'd just be a bit confusing because it's a brand new color on the Discord server but I'm sure everyone will get used to it.

Reactions: Joggg

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
I mean- the translator rank is already dark red and if this were to be a lighter red I don't think it'd confuse people that much since it's already like that on the Minecraft server. It'd just be a bit confusing because it's a brand new color on the Discord server but I'm sure everyone will get used to it.

The translator rank has 2 "different" colours.
20200726_000109.jpg

Dark red for Translation Manager
light red for translator

I think it's not necessarily needed and I don't see people with youtube rank in the Discord server that often, but if they decide to implement this I wouldn't call it youtuber though, I would call it "Content creator" like Goefy said and give it an other color than red so it won't be confusing anymore.

I decided to vote yes.

Reactions: Meiske

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I have mixed thoughts about this.

At first I think it's good now that only staff ranks are coloured. (Nitro boosters as well of course but 1 other color isn't that confusing and nitro boosters need to have a rank by discord standards.) adding too much ranks would be confusing and keeping the rank grey coloured seems a bit weird.

But on the other hand the YouTubers are more important to the server then just donators, so giving them an extra rank in exchange for what they do for the server could be good. Tho in the discordserver the creators don't really have a function and they already have a rank in-game so giving them a rank on discord as well would be a little bit unnecessary.

Upon that I don't think most YouTubers would even want a rank on the server as they would like to keep their discord account more private.

So I don't really think this would be a very good addition but it also won't be a problem if they did add this.

Reactions: Meiske and Lozora

Meiske

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
The translator rank has 2 "different" colours.
View attachment 171774

Dark red for Translation Manager
light red for translator

I think it's not necessarily needed and I don't see people with youtube rank in the Discord server that often, but if they decide to implement this I wouldn't call it youtuber though, I would call it "Content creator" like Goefy said and give it an other color than red so it won't be confusing anymore.

I decided to vote yes.
Oh you're absolutely right- then the red color really is out of the question.

Reactions: Lozora
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on SpringWarz's profile.
Hello!!! SpringWarz :)
EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on Beth's profile.
hello!!! Admin Beth
he's canonically a cat btw
Screenshot_20240517-191138_1.jpg

chapter 4 production resumed :3
EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on Capitan's profile.
Hello!!! capitan Argentina :cubie2:
apparently the free 500 minecoins isnt actually "free", you have to buy something first

LAME!
Top Bottom