Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
Hai, so apparently, Helpers can *warn* players yet they can't really delete any messages, so they have to tag a Moderator, which is rather unnecessary.
This is a simple suggestion (Idea taken by Marvs, not taking any credits for this, just making an actual suggestion about it)
upload_2018-11-6_19-42-55.png

Anyways, @warriors1976 would warn loads of players but he wouldn't be able to actually delete their messages, warnings issued were such as swearing, posting an invite link and whatnot.

This literally just takes like a minute to change, doesn't require any Dev time. I'm just saying, make Helpers capable of deleting a user's messages.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
The entire purpose of the Helper rank is so that the moderation team can evaluate Helpers to see if they would be a good fit for a full moderation role. What this means in reality is that Helpers are able to 'fast track' their own reports, but all of the actions that they would take are reviewed by seasoned moderators before any punishments are handed out. It isn't that we don't trust the Helpers, we do, but making mistakes is a part of the learning process and having some oversight means that players don't get the sharp end of the stick in the process.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
The entire purpose of the Helper rank is so that the moderation team can evaluate Helpers to see if they would be a good fit for a full moderation role. What this means in reality is that Helpers are able to 'fast track' their own reports, but all of the actions that they would take are reviewed by seasoned moderators before any punishments are handed out. It isn't that we don't trust the Helpers, we do, but making mistakes is a part of the learning process and having some oversight means that players don't get the sharp end of the stick in the process.
Although I do agree, and thanks for such an early reply, but deleting a user's messages isn't for any sophisticated matter; swearing and posting invite links are quite obviously against the rules, everyone knows that, and they should be deleted quite quickly.
But I do understand your reasoning, at least I made a Discord suggestion, which no one has made in a long time xP

If you believe this isn't necessary to be discussed, feel free to close this

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
You're right in that they should generally be deleted quite quickly. Helpers do have methods of getting attention fast should they need it. One of the inherent issues with Discord is the lack of decent audit controls, if a message gets deleted we have no way to see what the contents of that was.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
You're right in that they should generally be deleted quite quickly. Helpers do have methods of getting attention fast should they need it. One of the inherent issues with Discord is the lack of decent audit controls, if a message gets deleted we have no way to see what the contents of that was.
Ever heard of bots? :p
^ I guess that's where the CubeCraft Bot would come in use, wouldn't it? >.>

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
Funnily enough, technically user created bots are against Discords ToS, they have been known to enforce this from time to time though I've no idea how loose they are with those rules when it comes to moderation bots. Lack of moderation controls on Discord is something that Discord should be fixing themselves anyway, it's beyond a joke really. Having an audit trail of moderation actions (that is usable) should be built in to the platform.

Reactions: Keanu

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
technically user created bots are against Discords ToS
Any chance you can provide the portion of the ToS that technically bans them? Doesnt make sense to me that they'd make an API when it's not allowed to make bots.

Apart from that, wouldn't Cubecraft/Digital Tree Media count as a business rather than a user?

Just out of couriosity, whether you develop a bot or not isnt up to me

Feách

Jun 10, 2017
Under My Table
Any chance you can provide the portion of the ToS that technically bans them? Doesnt make sense to me that they'd make an API when it's not allowed to make bots.

Apart from that, wouldn't Cubecraft/Digital Tree Media count as a business rather than a user?
^

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Who Invented Jumpbridging/Mj Bridging?

I need help uncovering the history of Bedrocks Most popular Method
If you know any old time players that might know something contact me on my discord
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
My discord is : aviussabes​

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday have an awesome day today! ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Top Bottom