Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
So recently, helper applications were closed to people in Europe who spoke only English, Dutch, or Spanish. This decision was made on the basis that they currently have enough staff from that part of the world, even saying that some staff members sometimes didn't have anything to do. Now as we all know, the staff team has grow significantly in the last 6-9 months. That means that closing applications was probably a good choice, and it also means that there are extra staff that could take on tasks that previously couldn't be dealt with. I think that this means that it would be worth exploring the possibility of accepting some discord reports and also opening /report to stone ranks.

Discord reports -
Currently, no reports are accepted through discord. Now, servers need procedures, and ways of staying organized, so that the system can run smoothly. In the past, it’s understandable that accepting reports through discord would become hectic, and that it could feel cheap since you could just skip going through the report process on the forums so banning discord reports did make sense. I think this decision should be reconsidered, now that there are so many people in the moderation team. I think that it would only be needed to accept some kinds of reports in discord. Only offenses that are actively making gameplay difficult would be accepted. Skybasing is the only report that I think should be accepted through discord. Why not hacking? Because to make a discord report, you would need evidence. That evidence could be screenshots. You can’t get a screenshot of someone hacking. Another point is that if someone is hacking, the game will probably be over pretty quickly, so there would be no point to a staff member hopping into the game to check it out. Skybasing can be captured with screenshots. A screenshot of people building a platform a hundred blocks in the air would be good evidence. Skybasing is in my opinion one of the worst kinds of offenses. Imagine you playing a game, and someone rushed mid for a punch bow, and then bought 10 stacks of blocks and just sat in a box the whole game. You try to build up to them, and every time they just shoot you into the void. It would be so nice if you could take a screenshot of the skybasers, and put it in staff-help, and then 5 minutes later a staff member is able to give them a warning and kick them out of the game. I think that given the huge expansion of the staff team, it would be worth exploring the possibility of discord reports. If it goes well, then maybe opening the system up to reports for things such as teaming, hacking, and swearing.

/report for stone ranks -
Ok, this has been suggested a ton. The argument is that there are too many players and not enough staff. I feel that since helper applications have been closed, that is no longer a good argument. Since the closure, it means that there are more then enough staff, so I think it would be good to give limited access to /report to stone ranks. I think we could start with say 1 report per day. From there, moderation could adjust the access. If there are too many reports, lower it to 1 per week, or 1 per 4 days, etc. If it is manageable, access could be increased. Say 2 reports per day, you get the idea. If it is totally out of hand, then access could be closed again, but I hope staff will at least look into it. I’m not sure if anyone agrees with me, but it would look kind of weird to say you have enough staff and close helper applications, and then also say there aren’t enough staff to handle all the reports that would be generated by giving /report to stone ranks.

So yeah, those are my ideas. I know that these have been suggested before, but there have never been so many staff. I hope that the current size of the team will let you explore what I’ve suggested, and not just dismiss them out of hand.

Thanks, and sorry for such a long post,
Owl

Reactions: Vindicatør
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on SpringWarz's profile.
Cool senior moderator!
who here got mice with holes on them

how do you even clean those things

i plan to buy the hyperx pulsefire haste but i have zero idea on how to clean it

give advice please 🙏🙏🙏
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on savina875's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D
Top Bottom