Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Private Channels?

• Total voters

JustAlexxx

Mar 25, 2018
Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Hey everybody,

I thought maybe a Staff Member could add Private Channels to the Discord server!

Why:
So people can go in a call without other people except Staff being able to join!

Types of channels:

2 People
3 People
4 People

I hope that you guys wan't this to!

-Alex

D

Deleted member 100818

CubeCraft has a lot of Discord members, thousands. So how many channels would you have to make to have a reasonable amount of channels which are not full all the time? Too many indeed. So it'd basically be too chaotic to add, which is why I disagree. And as iLoveYouu mentioned, you could just make a private call and add your friends if you want to.

D

Deleted member 100818

I see no reason why not to add 2-3 of each 2, 3 and 4 private global calls. Why is everyone against this?
Because thousands of people are in this Discord, which means that you should make tons of channels and that would be chaotic even separated in categories. If you would only make a few people will complain about the few channels all day.

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
I really don't like this idea just because there a lot of players on the cubecraft discord server and like other people told you creating a private call would be a better idea. Also peopel will feel left out when they don't have acces to a certain room in the discord server and there're also a lot of people who join a random voice channel because they just wanna communicate to people or meet new people.

Reactions: JustAlexxx

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Screenshot_20180326-125002.png

Sure is crowded

Reactions: Dutudy

JustAlexxx

Mar 25, 2018
Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Would require a lot of manual work, and you wouldn't always be able to have staff ready when you want to join a private call. Like ILY said above, just make your own private call. It requires no additional manual work for staff, and it's a lot more efficient.

I get your awnser but, if you want to make a private call, you have to add that person as a friend. And some people don't want that just like me!

D

Deleted member 100818

I get your awnser but, if you want to make a private call, you have to add that person as a friend. And some people don't want that just like me!
Create an own Discord server then, add some channels (ain't that hard) so then you're able to call your friends without adding them.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
That sounds pretty lazy, not gonna lie. Staff would have to constantly be dragging people in and out of rooms to make your private channel idea work, and it's honestly too much maintenance for a group of staff. It's way more efficient if you just send a friend request and talk from there.
If you really don't want to add them as a friend, just make a discord channel as Mega mentioned as well.

If you wnat to call in a private non server call, you have to add that person as your friend. It's faster to make a few private channels.

Ty for your reply
It really isn't faster since it has to be done manually and maintained manually.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
That sounds pretty lazy, not gonna lie. Staff would have to constantly be dragging people in and out of rooms to make your private channel idea work, and it's honestly too much maintenance for a group of staff. It's way more efficient if you just send a friend request and talk from there.
If you really don't want to add them as a friend, just make a discord channel as Mega mentioned as well.

It really isn't faster since it has to be done manually and maintained manually.
What's wrong with having 5 2 people calls, 5 3 people calls, 5 4 people calls, you and your friends can simply join them. You don't need to have moderators moderate it. Just leave these small call things in their own section at the bottom. Also it makes the discord look more active if people can be in their own private call. This idea would litterally take an admin or mod 10 minutes.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
What's wrong with having 5 2 people calls, 5 3 people calls, 5 4 people calls, you and your friends can simply join them. You don't need to have moderators moderate it. Just leave these small call things in their own section at the bottom. Also it makes the discord look more active if people can be in their own private call. This idea would litterally take an admin or mod 10 minutes.

Because:
I thought maybe a Staff Member could add Private Channels to the Discord server!

Why:
So people can go in a call without other people except Staff being able to join!
There's no other way to fulfill his request properly. The only way to have a proper private channel would be to have it locked for entry in order to need permission to join a channel like that.
Having these channels open would defeat the purpose.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Because:

There's no other way to fulfill his request properly. The only way to have a proper private channel would be to have it locked for entry in order to need permission to join a channel like that.
Having these channels open would defeat the purpose.
Keeping the channels open with a set limit on players would be fine, staff can already join full servers if I remembered properly. There aren't people actively trying to join a 2 player private call right when someone joins. If the server has a set amount of players then no non staff can join. They don't need to actively moderate them.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Top Bottom