Votes: 25 89.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skoedel

Dedicated Member
Apr 14, 2019
Belgium
Hello!

Today I have a new suggestion for the discord server: Discord mods.
What these mods should do is to keep the discord server clean (tell people: they cant advd, links in #media, punish earrapers, mayby help a bit in #staff-help,...). There should be discord mods because sometimes it takes a while before staff see/hear the 'rulebreakers' this because they are bussy with other things (irl, doing cubecraft things, or they cant join the voice chat, ...). Discord mods have 1 task and that is to keep the discord server clean, so they should have more time and they can respond faster because they dont need to do reports, read appeals, ...

Here are some Requirements:
Be able to speak/understand English (Verbally and Typing, logical ofc).
Be active on the discord server
Have a working microphone and be able to join voice chats

Discord Permessions:
upload_2020-4-11_12-40-49.png
sorry for the bad editing ):
How the role looks:
upload_2020-4-11_12-53-7.png

sorry if there are spelling mistakes or grammatical errors
Thank you for reading and I hope you like the idea and if you dont like it, plz explain why : )
Happy easter!

Reactions: S0UL
D

Deleted member 469419

As you said, moderators have other task besides moderating/review appeals/reports etc

Currently all cubecraft staff members are able to speak fluently and understand English.
But they no have always time to do calls, the other day I was viewing the #Staff-help channel and the staffs didn't stopped working on.

I think it's good as it is.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
No, thanks.

When something happens, normal mods are on it quite quickly, especially now we got another active American mod. you don't want to know how fast our staff chat goes active when there's a bot attack, lmao
Discord is, in my opinion, one of our ok moderated platforms. I really dislike having mods exclusively for 1 platform since this would cause division in the staff team which I really dislike. Also, currently we're (aiming on) hiring a lot of mods so if this were implemented this would probably a temporary thing.

Sorry, but it's a no from me.

Last edited:

Starry

Forum Expert
Oct 24, 2016
Belgium
There's no point in hiring 'discord mods'. This has been suggested way too many times before. CubeCraft already mentioned that they're planning to hire 100 voluntary staff members by the end of the year, so then there will be enough staff to deal with these issues.

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
It's not true that the moderators aren't reacting fast. In my opinion they're reacting fast enough. Also if there come discord mods they won't look at the discord 24 hours a day. They also have a life beside it.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
But but, moderators are already doing this…? I think that's enough, It would just make things more complicated, I think. When reading mod requirements it states that you are mod everywhere. So I really don't think this is needed!

Reactions: Stineos

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I already wanted to suggest something like this. I’m often in the Discord call and in my opinion staff-members act to late in case of problems. (Not always). And I know staff members are busy with things and I have respect for the staff members because they keep the servers running, without them there’s no Cubecraft, but I still think this should be implemented OR give at least helpers the opportunity to punish rule breakers.

Reactions: Skoedel

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Every moderator’s job already is including whiling to help in the staff-help channel/keep the server clean as you said earlier.
Moderators become moderators, because they are reliable people which you can trust.
How are those ,,Discord mods” going to be tested?
Many people can speak and type English, but how does it mean it is enough to have punishable permissions on such a large Discord server?
I have to disagree, sorry.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Hello!

Today I have a new suggestion for the discord server: Discord mods.
What these mods should do is to keep the discord server clean (tell people: they cant advd, links in #media, punish earrapers, mayby help a bit in #staff-help,...). There should be discord mods because sometimes it takes a while before staff see/hear the 'rulebreakers' this because they are bussy with other things (irl, doing cubecraft things, or they cant join the voice chat, ...). Discord mods have 1 task and that is to keep the discord server clean, so they should have more time and they can respond faster because they dont need to do reports, read appeals, ...

Here are some Requirements:
Be able to speak/understand English (Verbally and Typing, logical ofc).
Be active on the discord server
Have a working microphone and be able to join voice chats

Discord Permessions:
sorry for the bad editing ):
How the role looks:

sorry if there are spelling mistakes or grammatical errors
Thank you for reading and I hope you like the idea and if you dont like it, plz explain why : )
Happy easter!
This is another "Get perms and staff role without the requirements" post. the current staff are quite good at what they do, and honestly, we dont need another role that basically allows people to bypass the helper acceptance system to get perms.

SANTIEL_3

Apr 4, 2020
Hello

It is not a bad idea, because mods have a lot of work but one of them is also to help in discord, but the idea is not bad

Reactions: Skoedel

S0UL

Novice Member
Feb 15, 2020
United States
I don't think this is a bad idea necessarily, but even doing something simpler with privileges such as the only difference between a DISC mod and anyone else is that they could actively help other players in the staff help with just the easy stuff you know? I'm from the States so I've been online for a lot of the dead times on disc when it's difficult for people to get help simply because most everyone is asleep. There is nothing wrong with being patient of course and having them wait until later, but if it's something slightly trivial like how to report players or bugs (which seems to be a vast majority) then it would be cool to have someone there to help feel?

Skoedel

Dedicated Member
Apr 14, 2019
Belgium
I don't think its ez because you often have to be online on discord which is not always easy, maybe now with the quarantine times it is but when everyone starts their work / school again ...
You may also think that I make this so that I get that rank but that is not true because when my work & school starts again I don't have time for that but ok ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200412-235440.png
    Screenshot_20200412-235440.png
    821.6 KB · Views: 78
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom