• I dont use discord

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Ur stoopid for suggesting this

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
So.... When theres no staff answering in #staff-help for like 3 hours in a row i cringe.

Theres a pretty simple solution though, instead of making it so only staff can respond in #staff-help, we should add a rank called Discord Helper or somehong idk, and ppl with that rank can answer questions without staff telling them not to, even though its a perfectly okay response.

Obviously this rank wouldnt affect anything in game, other than maybe help your chances of getting staff later on.

You would have to apply for this rank, but there would be no interview, just pass a test to make sure you know enough about the server to give accurate responses, and maybe say how long you have been on the ccgn discord for and how long on the forums.

Edit: These discord helpers should leave controversial topics for staff to decide, for instance skins and names that look kinda appropriate but also a bit inapprorate. Possibly mods too

Or get more staff thats active on discord

Last edited:

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
Yeah, usually i have to ask the same question many times, just to get a simple answer

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Yeah, for sure. Asked some questions like 2/3 times before I got an answer. This happens quite often and some people een get ignored in the first place.

Fliqa

Forum Expert
Mar 13, 2017
Belgium
I can see why you want this, Staff doesn't answer my questions 24/7 either. But I can see why, they have to deal with other things too, like things in real life and things in-game or reports. And I know that the Staff Team does their best to answer what they can, this may be a good idea but it will take effort though.

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
It won’t take that much work, the staff just needs to make it so if you pass a test you will be given the rank, which would make ur name in discord a different color other than white, indicating that you would be allowed to help out. This thread is created because staff has irl stuff and cant always be on, it will help ensure that there will usually be someone able to help.

Reactions: c r i n g e

SoppeJam

May 10, 2017
We're not having special staff for only one platform. You're either staff on the entire network or you're not. If I don't trust you with the ban hammer, I don't trust you with the responsibilities of Discord moderation.
Escalated.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
We're not having special staff for only one platform. You're either staff on the entire network or you're not. If I don't trust you with the ban hammer, I don't trust you with the responsibilities of Discord moderation.
Then what about having a few staff member focus more on Discord.
Like, don't get me wrong here, I completely get that they're humans and they can't be on Discord 24/7 and that they have a personal life, they have to sleep, school and/or work etc. etc. But making some staff focus more on Discord will at least help a bit, right?
Because right now it's just a pain to ask any questions..

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Then what about having a few staff member focus more on Discord.
Like, don't get me wrong here, I completely get that they're humans and they can't be on Discord 24/7 and that they have a personal life, they have to sleep, school and/or work etc. etc. But making some staff focus more on Discord will at least help a bit, right?
Because right now it's just a pain to ask any questions..
The simple answer is we need more staff. The recruitment team is doing their best to find active, trustworthy members, but with our current applicants, that's proving to be a difficult task. We don't want to lower our standards or take on a risky staff member just because staff-help is under-moderated.

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
What Tacos said, is still relevant to how I feel. If I cant trust you as staff on the forums/server, I will not be able to trust you with the responsibility of being staff on the Discord. Unfortunately, in my opinion, I just do not find this to be a good idea.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
What Tacos said, is still relevant to how I feel. If I cant trust you as staff on the forums/server, I will not be able to trust you with the responsibility of being staff on the Discord. Unfortunately, in my opinion, I just do not find this to be a good idea.
I understand you but what if you don't have enough time to no-life reports on minecraft to become a moderator? If you'd add this role I think there would be a lot of people applying for the discord rank, just because they don't have time to tryhard on both discord and minecraft, but like to help people.
Also, the applications have been opened for.. let's say.. 1 entire year? Yes, they have been closed for about 1 week but I bet that wasn't because the server didn't need staff members anymore. (Like you've said in another post)
You've recruited 8 helpers in one year, which is not a lot, compared to other years. In 1 year, you've lost about 20 moderators and helpers, which is an obvious decline. Some moderators (like warriors) are active like crazy in the discord channels, which is very useful, but how about we take some pressure off his shoulders by recruiting some discord helpers? After some time of doing good work they could be promoted to discord moderator, and would have the same permissions as normal moderators. They would not get more perks in game, they would just be a volunteer.
*But people could be confused if they see that someone is a helper in the discord server, and not a staff member in game!*
Add the [DISCORD] tag to their names (optional) and your problem will be fixed.

I honestly can't think of any points against this suggestion. (Send some if you can though) Of course, you should be able to trust the discord helpers, but if there would be some requirements everything would be fine. For example:
  • The applicants should be known on the forums.
  • The applicants should have sent over a 1000 messages in the discord server. (You can prevent the possible applicants from spamming by warning them. I hope they would understand that spamming will lower their chances :w)
  • The applicant should be known with the server and should know a lot about it. (Like Chitter said, you could create a test or something to test an applicant's knowledge of the server)
  • The applicant should have been active in the discord server for at least 3 months before applying.
You could make a category about applying in the discord server, but I think it would be easier to add a 'discord helper' thread to the staff applications subforum because then the applicant will also know about the forums.

I hope you'll add this rank :]

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I understand you but what if you don't have enough time to no-life reports on minecraft to become a moderator? If you'd add this role I think there would be a lot of people applying for the discord rank, just because they don't have time to tryhard on both discord and minecraft, but like to help people.
Also, the applications have been opened for.. let's say.. 1 entire year? Yes, they have been closed for about 1 week but I bet that wasn't because the server didn't need staff members anymore. (Like you've said in another post)
You've recruited 8 helpers in one year, which is not a lot, compared to other years. In 1 year, you've lost about 20 moderators and helpers, which is an obvious decline. Some moderators (like warriors) are active like crazy in the discord channels, which is very useful, but how about we take some pressure off his shoulders by recruiting some discord helpers? After some time of doing good work they could be promoted to discord moderator, and would have the same permissions as normal moderators. They would not get more perks in game, they would just be a volunteer.
*But people could be confused if they see that someone is a helper in the discord server, and not a staff member in game!*
Add the [DISCORD] tag to their names (optional) and your problem will be fixed.

I honestly can't think of any points against this suggestion. (Send some if you can though) Of course, you should be able to trust the discord helpers, but if there would be some requirements everything would be fine. For example:
  • The applicants should be known on the forums.
  • The applicants should have sent over a 1000 messages in the discord server. (You can prevent the possible applicants from spamming by warning them. I hope they would understand that spamming will lower their chances :w)
  • The applicant should be known with the server and should know a lot about it. (Like Chitter said, you could create a test or something to test an applicant's knowledge of the server)
  • The applicant should have been active in the discord server for at least 3 months before applying.
You could make a category about applying in the discord server, but I think it would be easier to add a 'discord helper' thread to the staff applications subforum because then the applicant will also know about the forums.

I hope you'll add this rank :]
I have to agree with both Tacos as AnimalTamer, if you are staff on one platform, then you should be staff everywhere. If you're not trustworthy enough to use ban commands in-game, then you're not trustworthy enough to get ban perks in the Discord.

A lot of points against this idea have been given by both the former staff manager as the current one

If these so-called Discord helpers have enough time to voluntarily help players on the Discord, then surely they have enough time to be staff on the other platforms as well. No staff members are required to be online 24/7 or even daily. There are a lot of current staff members I have NEVER seen in-game or have NEVER handled one of my reports, yet they are staff

I do understand where everyone is coming from, though if current members want to help someone then they can do so in the regular chat channels. Don't see why you'd need a role for this

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
Top Bottom